Dr. Raju Paturi Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Raju Paturi?

July 25th, 2016

Insensitive, non-interested

After being treated by a nurse practitioner the summer between freshman and sophomore year of college, addressing test anxiety, the nurse practitioner had left the clinic. Needing paperwork filled out by the last psychiatric treatment center, Dr. Paturi refused to confirm test anxiety or that treatment/anxiety diagnosis was performed at his clinic just 12 months ago. This prevented my daughter from being able to take her summer finals at Parkland Community College in their alternative proctored testing room. he also left me, her mother, a message stating she was never "his" patient and he would not accept her as "his" patient. So there was nothing he could do for her. Uncaring, Unwilling, Unfeeling, and just Uninterested in a young college student who WAS a patient at HIS office. Don't go to him.

June 30th, 2016

I saw Dr Paturi for about a year and he put me on medicine that was actually working for me. The problem is, I had insurance and the lady up front didn't submit my insurance for a few visits because she thought I didn't have insurance. I gave her my insurance card when I 1st started and it never changed. I lost a lot last year out of my insurance and I ended up paying out of pocket. The last experience was I called because my pharmacy and insurance was denying to pay for my medicine and I needed to have a generic so they would pay. Dr Paturi wouldn't prescribe me anything due to me not being in his office but I have been doing great. Any other Dr that I have seen, as long as you are doing great or ok they will prescribe you something to get you through. I told the office that I have exhausted all of my insurance for the year and couldn't afford to come into his office and plus work wouldn't allow me to take off time to come in. They knew my situation. So instead of working with me, the receptionist was being rude with me and I told her this was an emergency. She didn't tell me that Dr. Paturi wasn't even in the office, Dr Paturi left me a nasty message and didn't even give me the option to come in and work out arrangement for pay. Then a few days later I received a letter with the same prescription written out and the letter stating that I am discharged from their office. He asked me to write a review for him, and I did and it was a great review because I just started with his office. Well guess what, this wasn't a good review and I highly recommend that you ask a lot of questions when coming to this office. Dr. Paturi is a nice guy and he did help me, but when help was really needed he wasn't there for me and then discharged me from his office. That is BAD business.

September 24th, 2015

Great staff, but the doctor will drop you so fast if you even mention disability claim. Then he want so you again for help getting meds refilled. Seems like that would go against their medical oath to do no harm when someone is actually looking for help to continue medications. Makes no sense.

May 28th, 2015

Horrible doctor.

I had been seeing Dr. Paturi for a little over 6 months, He did wonderful treating my bipolar and seizure disorders. However, whenever I wanted to add my thoughts and what I thought could help, he never listened. He told me I needed to manage my stress and anxiety on my own. I didn't like the answer he had given me, but I respected it and in the mean time started looking for a new Doctor, that would actually listen to me, and care. I found a new Doctor I think I will like but there's a 3 month wait time to get in to see her. So I had called Dr. Paturi's office to try and get my anti-seizure medication refilled because I only have 2 weeks of medication left, and my apt with new doctor isn't until the beginning of August. I was refused the refill of the medication I have been on for over 6 months. So I tried to schedule an appointment with him so I could get the refill and they refused to let me make an appointment. They told me I need to go to a different doctor. Now I have 10 pills left of my anti-seizure medication and no one to help me until I see my new doctor in August. My general doctor told me that he can't prescribe me anti-psychotic medications, and that I would have to see a specialist. I hope this helps anyone who's thinking about seeing Dr. Paturi, and really think twice if you want to put your life in his hands.

February 3rd, 2015

Better off diagnosing yourself than seeing this "doctor"

NO STARS. This doctor is going to ask you for documents and once you provide them about your current conditions, it won't be sufficient even if he tells you it will be. He will then require you to do more tests that have already been done. If you have been diagnosed with a condition and need to find a psychiatrist in the area, I highly recommend that you think twice before seeing this doctor. Do not waste your time or money, because he won't waste his time to help you.

January 15th, 2015

Comes off as knowledgeable and kind but he is far more concerned with legally covering his behind than trying to help his patients properly. Avoid him at all costs. There is a reason he is the only psychiatrist in Bloomington-Normal who doesnt have a 1 month or longer waiting list

August 26th, 2014

Worst Experience Ever

I have had a tough time finding a psychiatrist I like. I had to widen my radius from Peoria, IL and decided to give Dr. Paturi a try and make the 50 minute trip. When I got to the office, I was informed that my balance was going to be $225 because my deductible hadn't been met. All other psychiatrist visits had been $25, so this caught me off guard. The reason was THIS OFFICE BILLS AS AN OUT PATIENT SERVICE PROVIDER. I wasn't going to keep the appointment because I didn't want to shell out $225, but the lady at the front desk made me feel pressured to keep it. Dr. Paturi came out and got me. We had an appointment, and at first I thought I was going to like him. He started singing his own praises about how he sees Veterans out of the goodness of his heart. And then he proceeded to tell me that he recommends I keep my appointments with my doctor in Peoria. And that he wasn't going to prescribe me anything because he thought I should follow up with my doctor in Peoria and keep that appointment. He said that if I wanted to see him, I should think about it and make another appointment. So, long story short - I paid $225 for a visit with Dr. Paturi and ended up feeling more anxious and upset than when I arrived. I didn't get any medicine, I didn't get any relief from what has been on some days debilitating anxiety. Do NOT waste your time at this office. He clearly doesn't care about his patients. I would give him zero stars if I could.

June 20th, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Paturi for about 6 months. He was very easy to develop a rapport with. Dr. Paturi is professional, yet friendly. I have found him to be a good listener, and caring person. He seems to have the right touch with medication, which is something I very much appreciate. When I was in distress last winter I was able to get an appointment quickly. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Paturi to a friend or family member.

May 16th, 2013

Arrogant!

Dr. Paturi is an arrogant pompous jerk!!! He had my daughter on 4 meds. and she ended up hallucinating and ended up in the ER 2x. He accused her of being addicted to xanax and funny she wasn't taking xanax. I would NOT recomend this dr. to anyone. He also does not have a nurse nor an answering service!!!

April 12th, 2012

I have to say that I have always been more than impressed and pleased with the levels of education, commitment, and service that I receive when I visit Dr. Paturi. I had been using another doctor for several years when my insurance left me in the lurch and I had to find someone quickly. Not only did Dr. Paturi's office take me in quickly, but he has always found time in his schedule for an appointment for me if I need something. He always asks me to call if anything changes or if I need him. He always listens very carefully to me and asks very clear questions that help him understand exactly what the problem is. Beyond that - he goes out of his way to be personable friendly to patients and their families - even sending letters to the children to let them know just how special and loved they are.In short, I have always been very pleased with Dr. Paturi. Many psychiatric issues end up being a guessing game of correct therapies and medications and he is always helping me to make sure I am living the best life I can. I appreciate his assistance and always feel better after speaking with him.

April 18th, 2011

Great doctor - only if you want to hear the truth and work on changing

I have been seeing Dr. Paturi for over a year, and I really really would recommend him. Some of the reviews have mentioned a pompous air or arrogance; however, I think that is just his honesty coming through. He is a "call it like he sees it" kind of doctor. That is what I like. He told me about anxiety and for the fist time in my life I did not feel like I was crazy. He used many metaphors and stories and told me what I could do to help myself, which some might find annoying, but it shows that he is human and can relate to his patients. The first medicine he put me on did not work at all. When I told Dr. Paturi about it, he was very willing to try another one - which worked wonderfully. Overall, I think he is a very competent and caring doctor. I have referred a friend to him, and he had a similar experience. Those are my thoughts.

November 8th, 2010

Great Doctor.

In my experiences with Dr. Paturi, he has been very professional, caring, and really listened to what I had to say about how I felt. I would recommend him to my family, so you know he is good. I highly recommend him.