Dr. Raka Gohel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 5th, 2016
I've been a patient of Dr Gohels for about 6 years . She treats me for chronic back pain . I think she is wonderful ! She takes her time and listens to me . She is very caring . I drive about 120 miles round trip to keep her as my Dr .

November 14th, 2015
I started seeing Dr. Gohel many years, never had any issues. Now there is a whole new office staff, to say the very least they need a coarse in how to deal with patients. I will not return to see Dr. Gohel due to her new office staff. She is an outstanding physician, I do regret that I have to start new after so many years.

May 14th, 2014
Dr.Nightmare
Dr. Gohel has a problem with patients that aren't geriatric patients. I have over 20 years of well documented problems and multiple problems that cause severe pain( three failed back surgeries,Degenerative disc disease,stenosis,multiple types of  arthritis that attack the spina ,etc). I was only going to her to cause I need a pain management doctor that was in network( she was the only one ). The doctor I was see was even giving me a good reference. An Dr. Gohel in not so many word accused me of doctor shop( I don't have a history of  drug abuse an I  don't abuse illegal/prescription drugs/ don't drink or smoke) My old doctor couldn't believe she would do that since I was in good standing with her an it was cause of insurance issues). Her is office is very dirty and office staff is rude. If she wasn't going to take me as a patient don't give an appointment (they knew why I was coming in). So don't waste your time with her. So I guess I'll have to pay cash now to see a doctor since there is no other pain management doctor on the insurance list that are in a 100 miles. THANKS DR.GOHEL

April 2nd, 2014
great experience
If I needed a pain management doctor in the Houston area she would be my 1st pick. I tried 4 other doctors before finding Dr. Gohel and that was in 2003 and I wouldn't switch. I would give her 5 stars

February 9th, 2013
She's a miricle worker
Dr. Gohel is the most compassionate doctor I have ever been to and by far the most intelligent. Although she's not much for conversation she listens. After reading my MRI results she immediately set forth forth to relieve my pain I was in so much pain that I couldn't even think right.

January 26th, 2011
I first saw Dr. Gohel about 10 years ago. Had been to other doctors and had no answers from them. Dr. Gohel sat me down and explained my condition and what could be done to help. Over the years we tried nerve blocks and corticosteroid injections with not much progress. All options were eliminated to the point of pain meds and muscle relaxers. She is very caring with a core belief of not harming her patients. If you are looking for drugs go somewhere else. If you want answers to your pain questions, go see Dr. Gohel. She is very caring and attentive to your concerns. Her staff is excellent. Always respect your needs and questions. They have kept me alive as there was no surgical answer to my pain. Enery member of her staff is respectful of your needs, caring with concern to your pain, and always positive. Go see them for yourself.

July 13th, 2009