Dr. Rakesh Chopra MD Patient Reviews

2.3
  • 16 reviews

August 23rd, 2016
Rude Staff and Bad Doctor
First of all the wait time for the visit was almost 4 hours. once seen he said my son need a scope down his throat. we had that done at the surgery center he was way over an hour late. Then other things came up. All was done tolde me to call the office for appt. for 3 weeks and will go over the bi-opsy. I tried for a week to call and know would ans. I finally went threre and the only appt they had was in Nov. I told them I just want to know about the test results and she the dr. has go over them he will call me in a day or two. Well that day or two was a month. I finally got a hold of my son's ins and I went to the office and demanded the results. found out he has a very severe infection and is very sick and we are now going to another doctor. Now he had the test results back in 4 days after they were done and never called us. My son also has a bad heart condition. I would never recommand this doctor to anyone. I am the only one that can stand up for my son.

January 14th, 2014
This "doctor"can suck it!
I was hospitalized for extreme abdominal pain. After weeks and multiple procedures down my throat and up my ***, multiple diagnosis, almost removing my gall bladder, Rude bedside manner (he would come in my room in the middle of the night, mumble words and expect me to remember every word) would be rude when I asked questions.... he finally found the problem. I almost died. I have never hated a doctor until I encountered him.

February 4th, 2013
beware horrible GI
I only saw Dr Chopra once and will never return. Icky

March 28th, 2012
Terrible staff
Dislike Staff, some inconsiderate,waiting time on phone is forever and no answer given to the question. Taken 6 days for them to call in a simple prescription. What the heck is happening in the Back office, Not enough people to help. Please talk with your staff before someone dies.

January 29th, 2012
Patient
The worst Doctor around. Beware beware beware!!! Bedside manner is poor. Accurate diagnosis poor.

November 1st, 2011
TERRIBLE DR
HE IS A SELF CENTERED DOCTOR HE TOLD ME AND MY HUSBAND THAT HE HAD CANCER LIKE AS IF IT WAS NO BIG DEAL HE HAD NO WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT NEVER SAW HIM AFTER ORIGINAL DIGNOSIS

November 1st, 2011
Terrible
Dr Chopra office is the worst I've ever had with costumer service. Dr Chopra is always late. I never wait less than 3 hours. There staff never follows through in calling back. We always call back to follow-up in everything. If you have other options I suggest you go with the other. This doctor does not show that he cares much for a patient.

August 21st, 2011
My current doctor has requested that I contact the hospitals Dr. Chopra is affiliated with and give them a report he (Current Dr. at Hoag HOspital) prepared when he did my last surgery. IT states that Dr. Chopra performed 3 procedures and did "nothing". In other words, he fattened his wallet and reduced mine without doing anything except putting me to sleep and putting a tube down my throat! Dr. Chopra suggested that I would possibly need these procedures every three to six months for a while!!! My current doctor (I sought a second opinion) fixed the problem I was having with one procedure and I will not have to have any further treatments. If I had continued with "Dr." Chopra, I would have been getting these unnecessary procedures indefinately! Please be aware Dr. Chopra was sanctioned for patient neglect in 2997. Personally, I don't think he should be practicing medicine. BEWARE!

August 17th, 2011
Excellent Reputation!!
This doctor is very experienced with what he does and I had reccomendations from many other doctors to see him! If he is running behind you can bet he is tending to another patient and works late in the night to make sure all his patients are seen. He was my son's doctor during an emergency and took excellent care of him.

June 22nd, 2011
Dr. Death Chopra
My dad has been waiting 3 weeks for a PEG tube to be inserted by Dr. Chopra at Riverside Community Hospital. He was going to due the surgery today, but 5 minutes before my dad was to be moved to the O.R., he had an "emergency" and moved the operation to the evening time. Evening time rolls around and Dr. Chopra says he will do the tube tomorrow. Like many, I have never seen Dr. Chopra. My dad may die due to the direct negligence of this doctor. If you have a chance, get this doctor away from you.

April 12th, 2011
Never once saw the doctor who did my surgery! He billed for 6 hospitals visits, but never once spoke with me about the procedure, the illness, nothing! He kept me and my husband waiting for over 3 hours on surgery day and never once said one word about it. He is very full of himself and insists that everything be his way without explanation. He is probably a good doctor, but he is NOT one I would choose. He is assigned by hospitals so beware if you have a gastro problem. You may never know what was wrong, or what he will do about it. He does not follow up with you, he does not tell you what to do after he has done surgery, he does not answer questions in the hospital. I would try someone else....

October 5th, 2010
DW
Extremely long wait. Nice once in office and did give much info.