Dr. Rakesh Patel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rakesh Patel?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Rakesh Patel?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 23rd, 2016

Still Waiting for Appointment One Month Later...

Due to a change in CT Law, I cannot continue care with my PC. I called Dr. Patel's office and was told to send my records, which my doctor's office did, twice, and IF they can take me, I'll get a call. Each time I called to follow up I was told my records weren't there. So, I brought them myself, but cannot get a return call to see if they're in the doctor's hands yet. Either someone is on a power trip, they are overwhelmed, or don't care at all.

January 15th, 2016

Bad Experience

If you want a pain specialist with awful support staff, who spends no time with you, doesn't inform you of risks of a procedure, writes inaccurate notes and care nothing about his patients, he is for you.

July 30th, 2015

Don't see this man if you have drank or have done any other drugs that aren't proscribed by a doctor ! I have chronic back pain that I've been getting treatment for the last year and my Dr. sends me to him for pain management and they do a drug test ! They find something other then what I've be proscribed ,his next words are have a nice day I can't help you ! Just like that put me to the curd ! Not come back take another drug test just good by ! Yes i went out had a few drinks and had a puff or two that makes me a bad guy I have to live in pain for a simple mistake ! He treats you like a second rate person O God you have drugs in your system the biggest drug dealer around telling me to get help ! Really ! I would have love to give him the back of my hand the way he talked to me ! Like I was a piece of crap unbelievable!

May 14th, 2015

Dr Rakesh Patel, Best CT pain management!

Amazing! Professional! Courteous! Bree is a plus also!

April 28th, 2015

Dr Patel and his staff are the some of the best medical professionals I have!

March 4th, 2015

RTR/RN

Dr.Rakeesh Patel has "golden hands"...I have had several injections with him.He -along with his staff -Breeann & J.P. - are superb!

December 10th, 2013

I saw Dr. Patel for two epidural injections. He is very pleasant and his staff is wonderful, but the visit with him was very rushed and I didn't think he took the time to fully explain the expected outcomes of the procedure and some of the risks involved. He does not follow up after procedure and it is tough to get someone on the phone.

September 28th, 2012

Lesa LePage

Dr. Rakesh Patel is absolutely one of the best doctors I have ever had overall in the entire time I have been diagnosed with a quite serious and very painful chronic illness. He is caring, courteous, helpful, and has an amazing bedside manner. He (unlike many other doctors) listens to the patient. And in my case, in consideration that I have a very rare (NORD classified) disease. There are times I have known more than the doctors or nurses, yet they do NOT want to listen to what I have to say. Dr. Patel not only listens, but follows up, to make certain that I am getting the best care.Very professional doctor indeed!!!

March 25th, 2010

Cares about the patient

Dr Patel is very compassionate, cares about the patient, listens to their problems, very strict about being compliant with taking narcotics as prescribed since they can kill you if you take more than prescribed.

September 25th, 2008

worked for me

I wanted to ge off oral pain meds and Dr.Patel found different altenatives for me. The only problem I have is the call backs take days and having to drive to get medication. His nurse Jennifer is a peach with a heart of gold and makes you feel comfortable.

April 20th, 2008

they give you meds- but...

If you need help with the insurance company to get an authorization, forget it. They take days to get back to you and then they tell you "We don't do that"

January 30th, 2008

Pain Doctor

Dr. Patel is a pain specialist but he puts people on medications and gives needles. I almost died from the needles. He never saw or listened to the problems. His staff is the rudest doctors staff I have ever seen. They keep you on pain medication. But don't dare take an extra one after how ever many years you are on it because when they find out they treat you like a drug addict and refuse your medication. Then he stops seeing you and throws you to a nurse or a pa (who don't know what they are doing). For someone who is supposed to help you with pain after you are there awhile he doesn't want to be bothered you now become an addict to the staff and pa's. This is very sad for a doctor to take this specialty and do this to people. Time for my lawyer.