A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rakesh Sharma:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Rakesh Sharma is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Education & Awards
Dr. Sharma graduated from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad.
Dr. Sharma has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Staten Island University Hospital North
- St Catherine Of Siena Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sharma accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Healthfirst - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Rakesh K. Sharma practice?
Dr. Rakesh Sharma practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine near Staten Island, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Ronkonkoma, NY and Brooklyn, NY.
See Staten Island Internists, Staten Island Critical Care Practitioners, and Staten Island Obstetricians & Gynecologists.