A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rakesh Sharma:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Rakesh Sharma is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Education & Awards
Dr. Sharma graduated from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad.More Education & Awards
Dr. Sharma has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Staten Island University Hospital North
- Staten Island University South
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sharma accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Healthfirst - 8 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Rakesh K. Sharma practice?
Dr. Rakesh Sharma practices General Practice, Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Critical Care Medicine near Staten Island, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Ronkonkoma, NY and Brooklyn, NY.
See Staten Island General Practitioners, Staten Island Internists, Staten Island Critical Care Practitioners, Staten Island Cardiologists, and Staten Island Urgent Care Centers.