Dr. Rakesh Malik MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

November 18th, 2016
Poor bedside manner, condescending, uninteresting in accurately diagnosing and fixing problems. Some on staff rude and unprofessional, too many non-doctors performing physician duties.

September 15th, 2016
Not happy
No I nt sure now !but when you meet with a doctor in the hallway he can't say hi really!!!i hve bn her patient for 4 years now ,and I remember he was the kindest Doc I hve ever met, And I referred one of my friend there bt I didn't get that vibe of going back again!!not happy n poor communication with the receptionist!

August 13th, 2015
You only see this doctor once, EVER
You only see this doctor for your first appointment. Any follow-ups or check-ups will be made by his many, always changing PA-Cs. I thought Dr. Malik was my doctor, not this, this, this and this person. He's a great doctor and I love the ease in making urgent appointments, but it's not worth it to never see him and only ever be treated by novices who mostly know nothing about medicine.

March 11th, 2015
Great Doctor and facility for primary care.
Excellent Doctor. Great diagnosis explains situation in details. Works as per your insurance plan. Detailed.

September 10th, 2013
not good
he is more concentrate on his appoinments and money taking from patients. not give good service to patients

June 6th, 2013
I am impressed !!
Very modern and clean facility. Doctor Malik spent time explaining everything . I am not looking forward to see a doctor again soon , but glad to know that these guys are open 7 days a week in case I need to see one .

May 24th, 2013
WORST practice I've ever been to. Wanted me to make appt monthly for a Rx refill. Staff not very helpful

March 19th, 2013
getting worse...
Wait time at the office 1.5 hours. Then his assistant has spent 5 mins with me asking some general questions and actually didn't provide any advice. I have made an appointment to Dr. Malik but I didn't see him. I and my wife will not go to his office anymore

April 5th, 2012
Poor Communication
Dr. Rakesh Malik's professional demeanor is great in the beginning, but within a year you are treated like just another number. Communication is extremely poor. Just getting a refill can cost a week or another visit. Extra time you may not have. Messages are held up by staff and misinterpreted. If there is an issue, you'll never hear from the staff or the doctor - you'll here it through the pharmacy. Then you're back on the phone again. This is just one opinion. I hope your experience is better. As for me - have found another practice. Good luck.

March 28th, 2011
This Dr is exceptional!
Dr. Malik is such a great doctor. He is very caring and is very pro-active with my care. I have horrible, chronic back pain, and I can get a bit depressed at times. Dr. Malik does SO much to help improve my overall quality of life. In days where doctors can be underpaid and over-worked, Dr. Malik is a true gem!

March 26th, 2011
GREAT EXPERIENCE!!
Was new to MD and Montgomery County due to relocation. Finding doctors seemed overwhelming as I have unique medical issues. Got ill suddenly and found this clinic and doctor. Was initially apprehensive, but no need. Entire experience was excellent and I'm making him my primary care and he also gave me a great referral for a gastro that I needed ASAP. Don't even blink.

February 1st, 2011
1st Doctor to make me wanna see one!
I'm 34yo and never had a stable doctor that I can truly say is sincere. I REFUSED to go as much s possible even for free check-ups UNTIL I met Dr. Malik. He's just the one I'm looking for for ALL of my health issues. So I switched because of convenience (walk-ins are welcome), lovely staff (Jennifer's the best!), and of course a Doctor who is kind, caring, grounded, knowledgable and professional. My husband who is 10x worst that I am in seeing a doctor kept coming back to Dr. Malik, too, even for small issues.We just love him!