Rakesh Malik, MD
19785 Crystal Rock Dr ,
Suite 209
Germantown, MD 20874
301-515-2901
Locations and availability (2)

|  not good  |  show details
by sri on Sep 10th, 2013

he is more concentrate on his appoinments and money taking from patients. not give good service to patients

|  I am impressed !!  |  show details
by J Martin on Jun 6th, 2013

Very modern and clean facility. Doctor Malik spent time explaining everything . I am not looking forward to see a doctor again soon , but glad to know that these guys are open 7 days a week in case I need to see one .

|  show details
May 24th, 2013

WORST practice I've ever been to. Wanted me to make appt monthly for a Rx refill. Staff not very helpful

|  getting worse...  |  show details
by Leonid Meyerovich on Mar 19th, 2013

Wait time at the office 1.5 hours. Then his assistant has spent 5 mins with me asking some general questions and actually didn't provide any advice. I have made an appointment to Dr. Malik but I didn't see him. I and my wife will not go to his office anymore

|  Poor Communication  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

Dr. Rakesh Malik's professional demeanor is great in the beginning, but within a year you are treated like just another number. Communication is extremely poor. Just getting a refill can cost a week or another visit. Extra time you may not have. Messages are held up by staff and misinterpreted. If there is an issue, you'll never hear from the staff or the doctor - you'll here it through the pharmacy. Then you're back on the phone again. This is just one opinion. I hope your experience is better. As for me - have found another practice. Good luck.

Doctor's Response

We would like to thank you for your insightful comments. We try our level best to be able to provide the highest level of services to our patients in a timely manner. It is unfortunate that your experience was less than exceptional .This is an exception and we felt need to address this . In reference to the communication, we rarely got an opportunity to respond to your calls since you routinely walked into the office to address routine issues instead of calling. None of our patients is treated like a number. On the contrary entire staff had always been very mindful of your needs .We did our level best to respond to your emails and phone calls and made special notes/alerts in the chart regarding preferred labs etc .It is understandable that your were quite upset about the physicians reluctance to prescribe certain medications out or their realm of expertise.We believe certain conditions are best treated by specialists in that field . The decision to discharge you from the practice after being with us for about 8 months was made only after all our efforts fell short of satisfying you . We do not make such decisions lightly . We are glad you have found another practice which is a great fit and wish you best of health .

|  This Dr is exceptional!  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

Dr. Malik is such a great doctor. He is very caring and is very pro-active with my care. I have horrible, chronic back pain, and I can get a bit depressed at times. Dr. Malik does SO much to help improve my overall quality of life. In days where doctors can be underpaid and over-worked, Dr. Malik is a true gem!

|  GREAT EXPERIENCE!!  |  show details
by Maria Lewis on Mar 26th, 2011

Was new to MD and Montgomery County due to relocation. Finding doctors seemed overwhelming as I have unique medical issues. Got ill suddenly and found this clinic and doctor. Was initially apprehensive, but no need. Entire experience was excellent and I'm making him my primary care and he also gave me a great referral for a gastro that I needed ASAP. Don't even blink.

|  1st Doctor to make me wanna see one!  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

I'm 34yo and never had a stable doctor that I can truly say is sincere. I REFUSED to go as much s possible even for free check-ups UNTIL I met Dr. Malik. He's just the one I'm looking for for ALL of my health issues. So I switched because of convenience (walk-ins are welcome), lovely staff (Jennifer's the best!), and of course a Doctor who is kind, caring, grounded, knowledgable and professional. My husband who is 10x worst that I am in seeing a doctor kept coming back to Dr. Malik, too, even for small issues.We just love him!

|  FANTASTIC DOCTOR !!!  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2010

The staff is extremely professional and Dr. Rakesh Malik is absolutely fantastic. He is intelligent, carrying, and very professional. He took the time to listen to all my concerns and asked me several questions to gain a deep understanding of the problem. Doctor Malik is very gentle and kind at the same time. I felt very comfortable and confident in his advice. The office itself was very nice and modern. Its hard for me to imagine that someone can have a bad experience, like the person that rated Dr. Malik on October 14, 2010. The doctor does not handle the appointments, so I really dont see how that person was put in the position that she or he described. Before I went to his office, I read many reviews about Dr. Malik on other websites and never seen a bad review. They all describe him as an excellent doctor. And the experience exceeded my expectations. I recommend Dr. Malik from all my heart!

|  Lousy arrogant attitude  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2010

When you have absolutely no options, you call walk in clinics, right? Not this one! After asking if he would assist with a very simple procedure, he cut me off and then hung the phone up. TWICE. I have friends who are physicians, and they were appalled when I told them of this guys attitude. He's a "next" Doc who doesn't care about listening, assessing, diagnosing, and caring for patients. Do not go to see Dr Malik. Lousy, arrogant attitude sums it up. I did get a hold of a 24 hr service subsequent to my call to Malik, and they not only took care of my issue, but gave me the name of the organization that I can report Malik to. I will do just that. Remember the Hippocrati oath that you took Malik? I wasn't that long ago...what a pity.

Doctor's Response

Thank you Sir for you input. We would like to point out that you have never been seen at our practice and the encounter mentioned here is based on your inquiry over phone to see an eye specialist for certain eye condition.You had no plans on seeing a doctor here and had called for a "phone consult". We feel that despite providing you with the phone numbers for eye specialists in the local area ,you were not satisfied.Despite your request to do so we could not call the ophthalmologist office to make an appointment for you since we did not have you as a patient here .we sincerely hope you called the number provided to you and felt well .

|  Dr Rakesh Malik is Superb !  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2010

Saw me right away. Treated me like an adult and listened to me . Overall A

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Sridevi & Srikanth on May 20th, 2010

Dr.Malik is very caring,knowledgable and kind person who really understands the cause of health problems and diagnose accordingly. My Husband and me are glad to find him and recommend him to my friends.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
by Susan on Feb 22nd, 2010

Finally found a great doctor that takes my insurance and provides regular and alternative care.

|  Very nice Staff  |  show details
by cbouain on Jan 29th, 2010

I just needed TB testing .It is a really nice place . Staff was excellent .

|  Great Experience!  |  show details
by Tina Kessler on Jan 22nd, 2010

I recommend Dr. Malik to everyone. His knowledge and confidence mixed with his care and respect makes the doctor appointment comfortable and at peace knowing you are in good hands. He listens and understands and doesn't make you feel like he is in a rush to see the next patient.

|  Warm and Courteous  |  show details
by Raman Kalla on Jan 17th, 2010

Overall experience was excellent... keep up the good work!!!

|  show details