Dr. Rakesh Mathur MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Baltimore, MD

2.6

March 17th, 2015
I was a patient of Dr. Rakesh Mathur in Fallston. It seemed that he like to control people with getting them addicted to medication and then talk to them like they were dogs and just sat behind his desk, write the script of oxys and send you on your way. I ask to be on Lorcet because I thought it would work for me and he insisted that I take Oxycodone 15mgs five times a day. Very, very bad addiction it led to. I was in pain and had herniated discs and bulging discs so it did help but then I started seeing how if he was having a bad day, he would make a threat to cut me off my medication completely......Im thinking to myself,"What's up with this guy, what a jerk!"

March 10th, 2015
WILL BE GLAD WHEN I CAN SEE HIM AS MY DOCTOR
THE BEST DOCTOR I THAT UNDERSTOOD THE BEST TREATMENT FOR THE TYPE OF PAIN FOR ME

February 24th, 2012
Great pain management
Dr Mathur is a great pain managemen doctor who deals with many patients with various conditions. Most of his patients have been with him for many years. Performs injections and also everyone with drug test blood work ekg ect. If your truly in pain and need help contact a great doctor

February 16th, 2012
best doctor in harford county
my overall experience with dr. mathur is that he has been nothing but a class act with me.i've been going to dr. mathur for 11 years & if not for dr. mathur i wouldn't be able to work,enjoy spending quality time with my twin daughters & be able to have quality time with my wife & children outside of our home. At no point has Dr. Mathur been anything but a class act toward me, Dr. mathur has had me in previous times follow up with x-rays,ultrasounds,& other specialist to determin best way of treating my chronic pain injury I suffered 14 years ago. I've always had nothing but respect for his practice & staff that i would recommend Dr. Mathur to anyone with a debilitating injury looking to get there lives back & enjoy there families as i have. Give Dr. Mathur a chance & you to will have a GREAT QUALITY OF LIFE....

August 27th, 2011
Secretary
Only Doctor that could ever help me w/my headaches and pain. So caring and understanding. We think the world of him.

August 3rd, 2011
awesome doctor thankful
Doctor mathur is a great pain management doctor.he helps you manage your pain.I have been to several different pain management doctors and they treat you like a junkie.if you think grass is greener on the other side you're in for a rude awakeing.

April 21st, 2011
After he broght me back to his office he fell asleep twice while talking to me. My neice came into the office with me and he did not speak to me he would not even look at me he talked to her. He made fun of me when I told him I had to have a catheter put in. He yelled at me when I lost weight. He said that if I did not like what he said I should tell him to f off. If you are caught talking in the waiting room about medications or wait time he will reschedule you for 5 pm. He never asks how I am doing he just writes the prescription and he is done. He prescribed me more medicine than I could handle when I told him that it was too much he yelled at me and asked me who the Dr is me or him.

February 25th, 2011
If your a Palliative Care patient and fall between the cracks..
AND you have been on a structured Pain Medicine regimen, and you know what medications and therapies you benefit from, then he is the doctor to see. If you need a diagnosis, want sympathy, or believe that he can heal you, your going to the wrong physician. He is a Palliative Care Pain Medicine Physician. He is exactly what patients need who do not qualify for Hospice, their insurance won't pay for a home health care nurse, they cannot work but would like to have some quality of life so you can enjoy what days you have left. Pain Medicine Physicians provide pain medicines. They don't diagnose, they treat the symptoms and help to give you less pain while you look for a specialist who can diagnosis you.I haven't found one physician anywhere that has "good" bedside manners. I've been chronically ill for 15 yrs and I've had to climb the ladder to learn how the medical system works. He does what he states he does, provides pain medications for people who have no alternatives or treatments for the Chronic diseases/disorders that they ail from. It would be nice if more physicians would provide adequate pain relief so a person can spend quality time with their loved ones as they near the end of their shortened life. If more specialists diagnosed and/or treated patients with the knowledge that they learned instead of kicking them to the curb, there would not be 70 million Americans who were once productive citizens suffering from chronic pain disorders. This physician fills in the gaps.

October 21st, 2010
Prejudice Person
I have to agree with every single comment here. I was a patient of his for 3 years.Within those 3 years i was acccused of being a drug dealer,drug attict and a peace of sh-- American. That was the last straw for me. I had to find another dr,so i did.Normally you will wait for a hour or longer just to get into his office for 30 seconds.He is a SCRIPT doctor and that is all.He knows nothing about pain management.If you do end up going.DO NOT ask for injections.He will put you on a table and stick you in the back without any numbing medicine or a scope.I got injections 1 time from him and i thought i was gonna pass out from the pain.I jumped at least 12" off the table.He is a piece of work and i cannot understand why he has not been investigated and had his license revoked! Stay AWAY!Unless you are a drug fean and truly do not have any pain, just need drugs. Then he is perfect for you! Good Luck to all of you on finding a true pain doctor who truly does care about helping you get back to living a comfortable life without surgery..

August 14th, 2010
Do not use this doctor
Dr. Mathur is only out to get your money. He doesn't care about you and doesn't lisen to what you have to say. He thinks he knows everything but he needs to go back to medical school because he had someone else take the test for him because I know he didn't pass them himself. i felt like cattle being hearded going to the butcher shop.

August 4th, 2010
This doctor has no care
As a patient this doctor made me feel like he did not care about my issues. His behavior is appalling. He does not even listen or care what the patient has to say. To him his patients are just numbers and paychecks.

July 7th, 2010
very pompous / arrogant - find someone else!!!!!my experience has been that he is no better than a "legal" drug dealer gets you hooked on narcotics, does not have the least interest in the person, when asked for some other type of treatment told that he "knows best". if you disagree with him you are out of there so quickly you don't know what happened, and he will falsely accuse you of doing something wrong, and get his office to back him - he actually has a sign on the wall stating that if you talk with others about your long wait time (2-3 hours at times), you will be put at the end of the list of persons to be seen for the day - worst case he will kick you out and never taks you back - what a piece of work