Dr. Raleigh Kent III MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

June 20th, 2017
One of the best surgeons in the Birmingham area
Has performed over 4000 thyroidectomy and you can tell

April 25th, 2017
Informative and terrific bedside manner.
I have been going to Dr. Kent for years and I have always been pleased with his service.

April 18th, 2017
Worst doctor I have ever had!
He was very rude and did not explain things very well. He got very upset and walked out of the room when I asked for a second opinion. When I asked if I could ask a few questions I was told I needed to make them quick because he needed to go. He was very uncaring and made me feel even worse about the surgery that I was already nervous about! He has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have been around in my entire life! And there have been a lot!

March 30th, 2017
I highly recommend Dr. Kent. He did a wonderful job with my surgery. He has a great sense of humor and made me feel at ease. I believe he is a wonderful Doctor and I will Definately use him if I need surgery again.

February 4th, 2017
Dr Kent has alzheimer he can't remember from one visit to the other. He told my wife one thing at a visit and when she went back he said he never told her that. Didn't like him from the first visit. The nurses act like his baby sitter they go out the room and whisper to him. This is very rude!!!!!! Do not recommend him looking for another Doctor. #HeNeedToRetire

March 14th, 2016
First doctor I've considered suing.
I was shocked at the way Kent both spoke to me and kept lunging in close to my face while barking orders. He is lucky we didn't sue him and any hospital who employs him should secure the best liability insurance possible. Someone will not be so generous. The nurse actually put her arm on him to hold him back once when he leaned in and raised his voice harshly to me. If I could go back to 2010, I would go through the pain of a lawsuit. How dare he speak to people that way. I would love to live that day over, prepared for his behavior.

March 3rd, 2015
Dr Kent was reassuring and caring. I immediately felt at ease, and was not frightened about my upcoming surgery.

February 4th, 2015
Dr Kent made what could have been a scary experience very personal and relieving.

April 23rd, 2013
Burned
I was referred to Dr.Kent by MedHelp in Inverness for 2nd degree burns received on my legs from a brush fire accident. Once we arrived at Dr.Kent's office it was about a 10 minute wait in the reception area and another 45 minutes in the examination room. We were told the extended wait was due to Dr.Kent still being in surgery. After the doctor finally arrived he examined my wounds, cleaned and dressed them and sent me on my way. I've been back for follow-up and the wait was minimal. Nurses were courteous and Dr.Kent was very cordial. I found my 1st and follow-up visit experience to be quite acceptable. I would go back to Dr.Kent for treatment if required.

April 8th, 2013
Dr. Kent is amazing & has changed my life. He is my angel & hero. He removed my gallbladder . I was taken in surgery with a very minimal wait & was able to leave in 2 & 1/2 hrs. Would have been sooner not counting the prep. He has a wonderful bedside manner & I had a quick & great recovery. Luckily he has found some other problems that could be serious he is addressing. I really like him & would definitely recommend him. He is very thorough & kind. I would use him again in a heartbeat & will use him in my future findings. He was highly recommended by one of my doctors & so thankful I used him. He also was very informative & didn't try to just rush & get me out of there. He is great!!!

March 19th, 2013
Wonderful!!!!

February 27th, 2013
Another Doctor said I needed to go to a surgeon because my thyroid goblin was high he thought I had thyroid cancer. I collected my blood work reports and ultrasound reports all the while worrying if I might have cancer. Dr Kent just felt of my thyroid, did not do biopsy, and told me I did not have cancer and any weight I had gained was because my fork went into my mouth. This man was so very rude. I had taken a friend with me and he had me to go get her so he could tell me that in front of her! This man is very degrading to women. Just hope I don't have cancer because he sure did not check to see if I do.