Dr. Raleigh Kent MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 14th, 2016
First doctor I've considered suing.
I was shocked at the way Kent both spoke to me and kept lunging in close to my face while barking orders. He is lucky we didn't sue him and any hospital who employs him should secure the best liability insurance possible. Someone will not be so generous. The nurse actually put her arm on him to hold him back once when he leaned in and raised his voice harshly to me. If I could go back to 2010, I would go through the pain of a lawsuit. How dare he speak to people that way. I would love to live that day over, prepared for his behavior.

March 3rd, 2015
Dr Kent was reassuring and caring. I immediately felt at ease, and was not frightened about my upcoming surgery.

February 4th, 2015
Dr Kent made what could have been a scary experience very personal and relieving.

April 23rd, 2013
Burned
I was referred to Dr.Kent by MedHelp in Inverness for 2nd degree burns received on my legs from a brush fire accident. Once we arrived at Dr.Kent's office it was about a 10 minute wait in the reception area and another 45 minutes in the examination room. We were told the extended wait was due to Dr.Kent still being in surgery. After the doctor finally arrived he examined my wounds, cleaned and dressed them and sent me on my way. I've been back for follow-up and the wait was minimal. Nurses were courteous and Dr.Kent was very cordial. I found my 1st and follow-up visit experience to be quite acceptable. I would go back to Dr.Kent for treatment if required.

April 8th, 2013
Dr. Kent is amazing & has changed my life. He is my angel & hero. He removed my gallbladder . I was taken in surgery with a very minimal wait & was able to leave in 2 & 1/2 hrs. Would have been sooner not counting the prep. He has a wonderful bedside manner & I had a quick & great recovery. Luckily he has found some other problems that could be serious he is addressing. I really like him & would definitely recommend him. He is very thorough & kind. I would use him again in a heartbeat & will use him in my future findings. He was highly recommended by one of my doctors & so thankful I used him. He also was very informative & didn't try to just rush & get me out of there. He is great!!!

March 19th, 2013
Wonderful!!!!

February 27th, 2013
Another Doctor said I needed to go to a surgeon because my thyroid goblin was high he thought I had thyroid cancer. I collected my blood work reports and ultrasound reports all the while worrying if I might have cancer. Dr Kent just felt of my thyroid, did not do biopsy, and told me I did not have cancer and any weight I had gained was because my fork went into my mouth. This man was so very rude. I had taken a friend with me and he had me to go get her so he could tell me that in front of her! This man is very degrading to women. Just hope I don't have cancer because he sure did not check to see if I do.

August 22nd, 2012
What a Nightmare
Had life threatening bleed after a routine surgery and was not even given blood transfusion which has caused lack of blood supply to colon and caused more problems. Does not spend more than five minutes with you after you have waited about 20 minutes to see him. Never even left hospital discharge instructions with me or the nursing staff. I won't go under the knife with him again.

August 7th, 2012
He was the most uncaring, unprofessional doctor I have ever came in contact with....he is mean, degrading to women and the most uncompassionate person I have ever met! Would not go back to him for anything!

June 28th, 2012
terrible!
This is possibly the worst doctor I have ever come in contact with. He is rude and incosiderate. Took a call on his cell phone during my appointment and never came back. Proceeded to dictate my medicals and other patients out loud where everyone could hear. Had an argument with his nurse while I was there. I can't say a good thing. I left and will never go back. I would not let him operate on my dog, much less me.