Internists, Rheumatologist
5601 W Eugie Ave
Ste 204
Glendale, AZ 85304
480-443-8400
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  He has money problems  |  show details
by Barbara on Mar 11th, 2014

Unbelievable he must be needed to lie about people. We had an appointment and then I became sick my husband called and cancelled the appointment and then a week later he called to reschedule but he did not remember who answered the phone or the time, as we never had anything like this happened to us before , the thing is as he did not remember they wanted to charge a no show visit of 75 us if we wanted an appointment obviously I would not go to such a business man

|  show details
May 19th, 2012

does not take the time to get to know his patients. always seems to be in a hurry to get to his next patient. I would give this Dr a zero for bed side manner. Both the Dr and his FNP show no empathy when giving a diagnonis.

|  Confused my records and meds with another patient  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

Extremely rude office staff.Mostly disorganized and chaotic environment. Medications list repeatedly completely wrong including wrong primary care and prescribing doctors listed wrong.Confused my records with another patient.

|  If you want to be heard, see someone else  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

I am not a hard sale for starters... Starting as you walk into the office, the desk staff is unfriendly and poorly mannered. Dr. Bennet was quick and did not listen to all of my history. I am not sure how he could diagnosis me properly with out getting an accurate history. In fact, he didn't give me a diagnosis, he just gave me medicine. He spent a total of less then 4 or 5 minutes in the room with me, and said come back in six weeks. I went back and had the same experience. Very disappointed with the entire experience at this office. My advice is to not waste your time or money. If you do choose to go the this office, you will be treated like you are wasting their time. Good Luck.

|  Bye bye, doc  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

A prior rheumatologist diagnosed me with psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia. I stopped seeing her when she ran out of treatment ideas and suggested prayer instead. So I began seeing Dr. Bennett, who at the time was listed as one of the Top Doctors in Phoenix. At first, he was phenomenal and seemed very interested in helping me to feel better. However, he consistently focused on the fibro diagnosis, and disregarded the arthritic symptoms I was experiencing. None of the meds that he prescribed were effective. After 5 years of seeing him every 3 months, paying my copay, and having him brush off my concerns, I began asking the tough questions and taking a more active part in my health. Apparently, he got offended with this and shuffled me off to his NPs on subsequent visits. Note that I do not have an issue with seeing competent NPs if a proper diagnosis has been made, and I am in maintenance mode. However, I am still searching for an accurate diagnosis of my deteriorating condition, and I expected Dr. Bennett to have an interest in that goal. Such is not the case. It seems he no longer cares for the pain his patients suffer, nor does he care to go beyond a standard "script" of tests to obtain a diagnosis. I have an appointment with a new rheumatologist, and will no longer be seeing Dr. Bennett. I once would have recommended him, but I cannot in good conscience recommend him now.

|  One Scarlett Red  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

It took only one visit to be aware that Dr. Bennett would NEVER see me again. He was rude, acutely obnoxious, ambivilent, accusatory, COMPLETELY unprofessional and highly full of himself! Roughly 1/4 into the visit I was sobbing from superimposed guilt from Bennett. I had to take my 3 year old granddaughter along because her Mother (my daughter), an LPN got called into work on her day off. Bennett repeditivly verbaly picked at my granddaughter and said that she was a totally unruly child and the one of who peeled some paint off of his drywall in the exam room. Before Bennett came into the exam room, his assistant did some Q & A with me and stated she found my granddaughter adorable. I asked the female assistant about the peeling drywall and she told me that the wall had been that way for quite some time and not to be concerned about it. This doctor should have his accreditation revoked ASAP! After leaving his office I had to collect myself as well as my granddaughter before I was able to drive away in my car. DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN FOR ANY MEDICAL REASON WHATSOEVER!

|  Big Disappointment  |  show details
May 10th, 2011

Dr. Bennett is extremely unfriendly. He doesn't seem to care about his patients. I am having to see the nurse practioners. They do not follow through with sending prescriptions. Consequently, I cannot follow the procedures for taking the medicines as they indicated that I should. This is one of the worst Rhematologists that I have ever dealt with.

|  show details
Aug 24th, 2010

Dr Bennett is very good and knowledgable, but it is almost impossible to get in to see him. I got shuffled off to his Nurse Practitioner for my past two vists and was overcharged by her. when I asked about it she said this is the fees for a "specialist". I don't consider a nurse a specialist and I was charge almost triple of what my insurance idicated should be paid. I have a high deductable and feel ripped off. The office receptionist (Sean) is polite and professional but the others I have dealt with are rude and condescending. If you have unlimited funds and can wait for 6 months to get an appointment, then I would recommned Dr. Bennett

|  Anyone but him  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2010

Dr. Bennett is the first Rheumatologist that I saw after showing signs of Systemic Lupus. He also diagnosed me with Sjorgren's syndrome and Thyroiditis. He showed no compassion and did not tell me what to expect. He gave me three brochures. He is very knowledgeable and I have put up with him for that reason. He has no bedside manners. He is arrogant and if questioned about a matter, he gets annoyed. His office does not follow up. His lab tech and one male receptionist is very polite and caring. The rest are rude and herd you in and out like cattle. After 6 years of seeing him, I am seriously considering seeing someone else. I have never recommended him. I have heard that there are other Rheumatologists in the same office that are extremely good and do have an agreeable personality. I would recommend the practice based on that knowledge; but not Dr. Bennett.

|  Dr. Bennett - **** Infusion - v. poor  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2010

I really like Dr. Bennett. I find him professional, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable of the latest studies and medications being offered. He is willing to spend the time you need without feeling rushed. I don't like however, when I make an appt with Dr. Bennett and because he's too busy, I see his Physicians Asst. She's very nice, but I come to this practice to see Dr. Bennett.A BIG negative was a situation when I had an extremely bad reaction to an infusion. I contacted the office to let them know the reactions I was having, to be told, "oh you're having the more severe side effects. We've never had a patient react like this before." This was before a weekend, during which I proceeded to get worse. Noone from the office ever called me to follow up to see how I was feeling. I was very disappointed.