Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ralph Carotenuto
Dr. Ralph Carotenuto, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albany, NY. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine, General Practice, Addiction Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Carotenuto is affiliated with Albany Medical Center Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ralph Carotenuto has the following 4 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals,...
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions....
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when...