Dr. Ralph Curtis Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ralph Curtis Jr?

June 10th, 2016

Dr. Curtiss is an exceptional doctor/person

May 31st, 2016

Only problem I have is that he doesn't spend a lot of time with you. Coming from a small town environment where Dr.'s come in and sit, visit and explain things, I was a little bothered. After seeing as many San Antonio Dr.'s as I have seen I came to realize this is the way it is now. Not unhappy just wish they would spend more time with you.

February 19th, 2016

TERRIBLE POST-OP

Post-op patient care is the worst I have ever experienced or heard of. Every single post-op appointment has been rescheduled, with appointments pushed back minimum of two weeks each time (this occurred 4 times so far post surgery). This was a huge inconvenience as it delayed many things - starting PT, taking sling off, clearance to drive, etc. Also, when requested to speak with Dr. Curtis I was told each time that he refuses to speak to patients directly. Absolutely horrible patient care.

May 16th, 2015

Shoulder and Knee surgeries, no issues, good followup

May 4th, 2015

What happened to patient care?

Once the surgery is done, you no longer exist. Staff is unresponsive. Will not return calls about missing prescriptions or urgent pain issues. They cancel appointment after appointment and when you finally do get in, plan on waiting at least 45 minutes in the waiting room.

January 20th, 2015

EXCELLENT

DOC OPERATED BOTH MY SHOULDERS

July 23rd, 2012

Wrong diagnosis

I went to Dr. Curtis after a fall and dislocation of shoulder. He said he felt the rotator cuff was not torn and did not recommend an MRI to confirm this after I asked and recommended 3 day a week treatments at his physical therapy clinic. I went 3 times a week as requested and experienced no improvement and was in so much pain at night I could not sleep. Each visit I asked about an MRI, but was told it was not necessary. This went on or seven weeks. Finally, when I asked for the third time for something to help me sleep, he ordered an MRI. I had 3 tears, one a full thickness tear that would never have healed without surgery. After questions about this treatment, I went to a specialist in arthroscopic shoulder surgery and had surgery. I am doing fine now, but the delay in diagnosis because of his refusal to order the MRI caused unnecessary pain and time off of work. I would definitely get several opinions before proceeding with this doctor.

January 1st, 2010

Fantastic Doctor

Brought my 13 year old child to Dr. Curtis for a 2nd opinion. 1st opinion Dr. wanted to do a major surgery, Dr. Curtis chose extensive PT and it worked! We have been back for numerous follow ups and what I really like about Curtis is how he makes my child responsible for her recovery and her rehabilitation. She is now 14 and back to her sport, which would not have happened if we went the surgery route. I have highly recommended him numerous times already and will continue to do so. Definetly worth the little bit of a wait in the waiting room.

December 23rd, 2009

the best doctor ever.....i had a torn acl and went thrtough surgery and i am good as new...thank-you dr curtis!!!=)

June 3rd, 2009

dr. curtis repaired my torn rotator cuff- he did an awesome job. it's as good as new!

January 13th, 2017