Dr. Ralph Gibson Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 12th, 2016
Strange
The first time (and every time after) I called the office the receptions answered the phone “oh hi! This is Dr Gibson’s office.” I thought “really?? That is how you answer the phone??” I should have gone elsewhere right then. I felt like I was imposing on them for an appointment – I said I can come in anytime this month, thinking I was making no demands. Andy, the receptionist and gate keeper said “that is not going to work” so I said “I can come whenever you want it is just an initial meet and greet checkup. Andy said “I have nothing until next month unless you can come this Thursday at 2:30, I said I will see you then. Strange… Dr Gibson was very nice and there was no wait, in fact the waiting room was empty. During the course of our first meeting I learned that Dr Gibson took Lexipro and “couldn’t make it through the day without Klonopin and Xanax.” He gave me his cellphone number and said call me anytime day or night – I am never unreachable. The one time I called his cell phone that year Andy answered the phone and said “we have friends over he will have to call you back” he didn’t even ask if it was urgent. The call was never returned. I went to see him a couple of weeks later and had to endure hearing about his latest vacation to Rome or Rio and about his rich friends yacht. Andy the receptionist is just awful, rude and clearly not happy at his job. Dr Gibson has stars in his eyes and wants to be rich. After that year I got a new, proper doctor. The entire thing was strange…

December 25th, 2015
Stay Away
Dr. Gibson, sadly is one of the worse examples of a physican I have ever met. I had a case of Lymes Disease. He never once physically examined me, though he was sure I had Lymes (which the tests confirmed) because I had, what he called, Lyme Eyes. I presented with extreme exhaustion, he put me on an antibiotic, then another one, and finally Roceferin (sp?) with no relief. He did start giving B-12 shots on a frequent basis and I also felt some relief from them, I thought. He continued to give me B-12 shots on a regular basis, and he never recommended we check my B-12 levels, so when I finally had another doctor check it, they were in the 5000 range, way over normal limits. I should mentioned that when I had began to see him, I was taking a seizure medication that Dr. Dowling in Islandia had prescribed. Dr. Gibson never thought to review that medication that was giving me the exhaustion I was having. I was really suffering, and at some point, I tried to reach him and the office had closed for several days, with no follow up information. He had begun to talk about putting me in the hospital for Roceferin, through a port, and I then was left hanging, suffering for days, because he seemed to have disappeared. My husband finally followed up to see what was going on leaving him 2 messages. We then received a letter, I believe in the next two days, saying we were being fired from the practice, because he didn't like to "tone" of how things were going. I actually went through my records that I requested back, and researched my mediation history and realized on my own that the seizure medication might be the cause of my exhaustion and fogginess. It was. He did say I should seek the services of a neurologist immediately, but did not explain why. If he had taken the time to review my records and simply considered medication side effects, it would have saved me months of staying in bed, feeling so sick. i have heard that Dr. Gibson fires patients, but didn't understand this. There are other things he told me but I am not inclined to write them down at this time, because I want to put this behind me. Please be careful.

September 10th, 2015
The worst Receptionist
I called to make an appointment and his boyfriend who is also his receptionist is very RUDE. The worst doctor and worst receptionist. Don't bother to go.

April 9th, 2013
1 star for nice, that's it
Do not bother. His receptionist is impossible and rude. The dr does not return phone calls EVER. You have to go in for everything..even a simple yes or no. Money hungry boutique Dr. God forbid you challenge their policy or you are fired.

August 6th, 2012
stay away
Don't let Dr. Gibson's "nice" act fool you. Terrible doctor, with possible mental issues. He is considered a "designer" doctor because he charges an annual fee and does not take insurance but his knowledge as a doctor does not measure up to the hype. Cannot diagnose his way out of a paper bag. If you cherish your health, stay away.

August 8th, 2011
not the best choice for medical care
Dr. Gibson writes prescriptions for patients he hasn't even seen in months. He's pleasant but misses key medical problems.

May 9th, 2017