Dr. Ralph Highshaw MD Patient Reviews

August 11th, 2016
I miss dr highshaw

September 11th, 2014
Good experience
After seeing my incompetent family doctor for a complete physical exam, and a week later winding up in the ER with blood clots in my urine, I went to see Dr. Highshaw. He is now located in Grand Forks ND. After a CTScan and cystoscopy, he immediately got to the root cause of my problem - extremely enlarged prostate. EVERYTHING was done in one visit. He thoroughly checked the kidneys, bladder, and prostate for any sign of cancer. The bleeding was caused by severe bronchitis that my regular doctor refused to treat. The coughing got so bad that I ruptured a blood vessel in my prostate. The rupture healed by itself in a few days. He put me on Flomax for the enlarged prostate and I am good as new. Wait time was kind of long. However, they fit me in on VERY short notice and I didn't mind waiting.

September 4th, 2013
Concerned son
My 84 year old mother with dementia went to ER because she could not urinate. They found blood in her urine and put a cathider bag on her. After several test at Dr. Highshaws office we finally saw him. He talked to my mother and then to me and stated she had a condition the her brain waves were sending the wrong message to her bladder and she would have to wear the bag from now on. I then asked him about the blood in her urine when she was seen at the E.R. He said bold in urine? I said didn't you review here chart? He then did a quick exam and said she had a tumor in her bladder. It has been 3 months and no surgery and today I hear he has left this office. I believe my mothers tumor has grown and his initial lack of care and subsequent delay in surgery has shortened her life.

May 18th, 2012
Run
This is the worst Dr. I have ever been to. The staff is undertrained and he uses procedures that the FDA recommended Drs. stop using when they used a warning back in 2006. He will smooth talk you and act like its a safe operation but on the day of my surgury he received a bulletin stating they were banning that type of surgury. There is an safe way of doing the operation yet he chose not to learn it. Putting me in exstream pain and causing my problem to grow into a disabilating ailment. I have constant pain and have to wear diapers now thanks to him! Call your insurance and ask for a compatent Dr. Dont risk 2+ surgeries and a loss of quality of life like I did. DONT FALL FOR HIS LIES!!!

April 25th, 2011
Personal service
Dr. Highshaw is friendly, personable, and caring. I feel that he cares about me. I do wish that his office would work on their scheduling procedures so there is not such a long wait.

April 10th, 2011
Fabulous, Caring Urologist
Dr. Highshaw performed a major surgery for me in 2010, and overall it has been a giant success. I've healed well, had no complications, and if I were to have the same surgery again, he's my guy. Really good doc. One area of improvement; making sure the HOSPITAL is doing what they're supposed to be doing while you're an inpatient. I realize that is probably not part of his job description, but without orders, the hospital can not give me the medicines I take regularly. Please make sure you remember that when a patient is admitted, or ask the patient if they have received their regularly scheduled medications. Mostly, Dr. Highshaw really is the best. I couldn't have asked for a more knowledgable doctor in the areas of urology and urologic cancers. He will continue to be my doctor for problems that fall within his specialty (and believe me, I've fired many docs!). Love him. If you can, go see him, no matter what the problem.

March 27th, 2011
Worth the wait...
Dr. Highshaw did my Vasectomy. Was a little nervous but after I talked to him, I felt extremely comfortable with him doing the procedure. The office wait time took quite awhile, but was well worth the wait. The operation was easy and only took about 20 minutes. Vary gentle (with the family jewels), and not much pain, or any swelling or bruising in the days to come. I am vary happy with everything Dr. Highshaw did. He's a really cool Doctor, with a good sense of humor too! I'd highly recommended him!

February 6th, 2011
worth the wait
the reason you wait soooo long is because he spends the time you need him to with you. He is also very funny..