Dr. Ralph Kamell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

June 13th, 2016
100% confidence.
Professional. Over 10 years a patient.

February 8th, 2013
Salesmanager
I have been a patient of Dr. Kamell for over the last 10 years. I have had numerous skin cancers that show up on a rather consistant basis. I am truly blessed to have Dr. Kamel as my dermatologist. I recently went through a 9 1/2 hour MOHS surgery that required 8 proceedures to completely clear my basil cancer. Most of Dr. Kamels' staff had left for the day hours earlier. Dr. Kamel and two nurse assistants would remain until I was 'clear', no matter how long it took. It did, in fact, take an additional 3 hours. Dr. Kamel is truly a professional, an artist and an angel. His bedside manner and technique are a blessing. My various past incisions have left virtually no scaring. I anticipate that last weeks proceedure will no doubt also heal with little or no scaring. It is truly an honor for me to highly recommend Dr. Kamell.

November 22nd, 2011
Appointment = dissappointment
Having recently moved into the area, I needed to establish myself and my family with new doctors. I was recommended to Dr. Kamell by a friend. Three of my family have had new patient appointments with this office. At our first appointment, we were made to wait in the "waiting area" 1 hour! No staff acknowledged us. Then we were put into a room and the doctor came in and spent like 15 minutes with us! He just glanced at my daughter and made a diagnosis and sent us on our way. I was disappointed with the experience, but, I already had appointments for my other two children, and decided to give the office another try. Again, we waited in the waiting area. 90 minutes this time! Again, I was not told that the doctor was running late (I can understand not knowing he was running 15-20 minutes late, but an hour or more is very easily seen but staff) When I asked about the wait time, the staff was aloof and, frankly, rude to me. I sat down and waited and waited. We were finally put in the room 90 minutes later. The doctor came into the room after 10 more minutes and (they put both kids in one room) looked at the faces of my children from across the room, made a "diagnosis" of which I did not catch and was not given the opportunity to question. Given a prescription and told to come back in 30 days. This took him MAYBE 5 minutes. And he was gone. I thought that they would at least give the children instructions on how to properly apply meds and take care of their skin. This did not happen. We were told to go to the local pharmacy and get non-comedogenic soap and sunscreen. I am not an HMO patient. I pay for my office visits and expect a more personalized and caring experience from my medical professionals. I will not be going back here, and I can not recommend this office based on my three new patient experiences.

March 14th, 2011
The staff at the office is not bad. They are polite and well-mannered. As for Dr. Kamell, I don't understand how he can prescribe me a product after only looking at my skin and being in the room with me for 2 minutes, tops. Even on the first visit. There was hardly an introduction. Most of all, he advertises products (that clearly promote him and his practice)and only uses them. It is not a fair treatment, and it is clear that his first and last response to your ailment is defined by who is sponsoring him.That is not fair for a medical practice, and I felt as though it lessened me as a patient. My options were never discussed, and nothing was explained. He also requires that you come back to visit him every few months (for acne). If he were really trying to cure you and not just ensure that you are constantly paying him, you wouldn't need to come back so often. He also has a monopoly on you getting the medicine because without coupons that he gives you, the medicine that he prescribes is exorbitantly expensive. Did he help? Yes, the medicine did help. But just because it worked for me doesn't mean it will for everyone, and his method of practicing medicine I find to be rude and his business practices antithetical to the purpose of being a doctor. If one cure fit all, we wouldn't need doctors. That's why we're supposed to value their opinions.