Dr. Ralph Liebelt MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Durham, NC

October 8th, 2014
Liebelt is the absolute worst surgeon ever. He infected me with MRSA on the OR table. Never followed up with me after numerous phone calls, so I had to go to their ER to find out I had MRSA which is still a problem today and every time I have any surgery. Never apologized, sent his "fellow" in to do his dirty work. I would not send my dog to them.

June 25th, 2013
very mixed
I had a knee replacement at the Specility Hospital next door to the Office complex. My knee became infected and I had a very bad experience with the hospital . I ended up paying several thousand of dollars for care that Medicare did not cover and several months of pain and IV antibiotics. No one every said a word of kindness. They acted like it was my fault. I have found it very difficult to communicate with his staff about perscription refills.Several days go by without anyone returning calls.

March 12th, 2012
Never received a post-op phone call after discharged. Have left messages about post-op pain and have had less than courteous triage nurses tell me they were sending messages to doctor. 24+hrs later still waiting for a call back. Wow!

October 4th, 2011
hip replacement
Dr. Liebelt did a total hip replacement on my left hip. I received excellent care both from Dr. Leifeblt, his PA, and the hospital staff. The surgery was five months ago. I am now pain-free and the hip is great!