Dr. Ralph Ortiz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ralph Ortiz?

Insomnia

Insomnia

Get the facts about insomnia, including the different types, who gets it, and what causes it.

Have you seen Dr. Ralph Ortiz?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 10th, 2016

would not listen about how much pain i was in. try this try that. I

July 31st, 2016

Disapointed

Seemed more into just writing the scripts over the DO portion of the practice

November 21st, 2015

One of the best doctor's I have been to.

October 19th, 2015

DR. RALPH ORTIZ - BEST PAIN CLINIC IN NEW YORK!

Dr. Ralph Ortiz and his staff are an exemplary medical organisation. Dr. Ortiz is the top pain specialist in Tompkins County, NY. He is incredibly experienced and cutting edge in his field.

October 1st, 2015

Great doctor

September 16th, 2015

Severe Chronic Pain

Dr. Ortiz and his entire staff are amazing! They're a God sent! I had an unusual injury and have had many many surgeries. Dr.Ortiz is such a nice man. He's current on all the newest medications and therapy. I lost hope before I met him. Now he has me on the right track and I have hope again for my future.

August 21st, 2015

Chronic pain is so difficult to deal with. So many physicians do not understand how to test the chronic pain patient. Dr. Ortiz takes time to understand you, listens and treats the whole patient. I always found his staff thorough and friendly. As a patient I also have to take responsibility for my care. I would highly recommend him to those suffering chronic pain.

April 21st, 2015

THE OFFICE STAFF HAS ABSOLUTELY NO MANNERS AND SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO INTERACT WITH PATIENTS AT ALL. ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS

February 13th, 2015

Dr.Ortiz is GREAT!

Fantastic doctor! Professional and accurate. Dr.Ortiz is fantastic at what he does.

September 28th, 2012

A physician for the well educated; he's the best

The patient must take responsibility in his own care and pain managment is, pehaps, one of the most difficult areas of medical practice to cope with. I see Ralph Ortiz for Chr0onic pain resulting from Guillain-Barre syndrome and he is 23rd on a list of physicians with whom I have worked. Dr. Ortiz uses psychology to a great extreme in his work 9as most doctors should) because there i no such thing as "killing painl." Pain management is about what the patient can do, with the help of the doctor, to live as full a life while coping with chronic pain. My second visit with Dr. Ortiz was a turning point because I had to let him know that I had laready learned about self soothing, yoga, diet, dissasociation and mind/body work. Once I had explained to Dr. Ortiz that I had read dozens of books, had studied pain management and he was the third pain specilaist with whom I was working, the first at Massachusetts General the second at Newton-Wellesley Hospital, along with many neuromuscular specialists at UMass Memorial and several Boston City Hospitals.Those people who have written negatively about Dr Ortiz simply don't understand him, have not done any reading, research or studying of their own condition. IT IS THE PATIENTS REPSONSIBILITY TO UNDERSDTAND HIS OWN CONDITION AND TO UNDERSTAND HIS OWN CARE> This is what Dr. Ortiz strives to do. The man is brilliant, has a charming personality and great sense of humor and I've been seeing him monthly for over a year now. Anyone who complains about him hasn't taken the time to understand their own illness; to me Ortiz's intentions are very clear. His staff is remarkably kind and this man is a rarity in doctors today.

May 3rd, 2012

the 20 second dr.

if you want someone who doesnt listen to you & nurses write a wrong prescription regularly & undermedicates you or overmedicates you & doesnt answer questions cause he is running out of the room after your 20 seconds are up,dr ortiz is your man.he is real nice one day & in a super hurry the next day and wont give you 10 seconds. I think he is really smart & thinks everyone else is brain dead, dissapointing & frustrating trying to get care for myself when it should be so much easier then this if he would just listen,may as well talk to the wall.I dont think they can remember one patient from another with the volume. must find new dr who will listen & prescribe proper meds, any suggestions?

April 29th, 2012

Not Great

With his chest hairs flying out of his nearly unbuttoned Floral shirt, Dr. Ortiz looked unprofessional and treated me that way, too - during our first visit and during our entire professional relationship that continued until I ended it after about a year. On average, he spent less than 2-5 minutes with me, and always had every single exam room filled - he'd go from room to room without even taking a break. He always accepted drug reps and did so often - at the expense patient's time and possibly their healthcare. He would get angry if you didn't understand his directions or questioned him. His office was dingy, creaky and the walls were thin. He told me to stop going to my chiropractor. His office also (not his fault) is hard to get to in the winter - his driveway is gravel and steep and off of a busy road. He looked, and wrote prescriptions like a lunatic. Sometimes I wonder if he combed his hair. It seemed as if all of his prescriptions were always questioned by pharmacists and that put me in compromising, embarrassing positions. He has an amazing staff, however!