Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Beware  |  show details
by Gail on Dec 4th, 2014

Dr Salvagno did a knee replacement on my husband. My husband almost died due to infection. The prosthesis is rotated showing that Dr Salvagno did a sloppy job. My advice is to beware and do research before agreeing to surgery with Dr Salvagno at Meritus.

|  no insurance no service  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2014

very frustrating because I work hard and we are barely making ends meet and my daughter needs to see an orthopedic surgeon for her ankle and no one will see her without $150 or more up front since we cannot afford insurance. Doctors are supposed to care about the public not be in it for what they can get out of the public

|  SUPER GOOD DOC ..  |  show details
by RON HOVIS on Feb 4th, 2014

i have a appointment with doctor SALVAGNO today . when he came to hagerstown and partnered with dr. cirincion i was one of his first patiants . he and dr C gave me new knees .. at the day i was to be released from the hospital dr, S came in to check me out . i called him DR.. SALVAGNO but he advised me to call him RALPH witch i did ... about 15 years later i had both my knees replaced again by RALPH .. i cant say anything bad about this group and espially the care at the hospital on RALPHS floor .. when i see him today i will again call him DR. RALPH Y TO BE SAFE .. i have recommended this practice to everyone i know who is going to have this type surgery . i would see none other ...

|  Great Surgeon  |  show details
by Doris Stambaugh on Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. Salvagno replaced my hip 2 yrs ago and my knee a year ago. I am so glad my neighbor referred me to him. She also had a hip replacement by Dr. Salvagno. I am completely happy with both of my surgeries. His office staff, the hospital staff, and Dr. Salvagno could not have given me any better medical attention.Because of them I got my life back and can walk any and everywhere now. Unless you have had this surgery yourself you will never know the pain I have had or how grateful I will always be to Dr. Salvagno. Thank You.

|  very satisfied  |  show details
by Mike Fletchinger on Mar 10th, 2013

I had my right knee replaced in 2011. I was way ahead of schedule in my recovery due to his expertise and the expertise of his thearpists. Headed for left knee this year and would consider no other area surgeon.

|  show details
Apr 8th, 2011

After eleven knee surgeries by an array of different doctors I was referred to Dr. Salvagno. He found problems five other doctors overlooked, When there was a problem in scheduling a pre surgical appointment Dr. Salvagno PERSONALLY called me in the early morning to handle the issue himself. It could just as easly been thrown off to clerical staff, but the doctor took time from his schedule to call me at home and deal with the matter directly. While I have not yet had the surgery, I am very secure knowing that I have a surgeon who will go the extra mile to make his patients feel safe and secure. In these day's of email and computer driven communications it is wonderful to pick up a phone and hear your doctors voice on the line, not a nurse, not a front desk clerk, but your doctor directly. Bravo DR. Salvagno

|  show details
Mar 16th, 2011

It's true Dr. Salvagno is not much of a talker. However, he will answer any question you may have in a respectful and courteous manner spending the time necessary to put your mind at ease. He's not a coddler but he sure knows his joints! If I want conversation, I'll call a buddy but I wouldn't trust anyone else with my knees!

|  crippled the rest of my life  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2011

Developed infection from poor surgical conditions and procedures. Put revision in without confirming that infection was completely cleared. Very poor Standard of Care.