Dr. Ralph Steiger MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2015
The Best In The Coachella Valley
Twin pregnancy that got complicated. Thank God for giving this doctor the knowledge to care for me & my girls. Delivered early but under Dr. Steiger's watchful eye. We are Blessed to have encountered this doctor. Thankful for the total experience. No complaints at all. From the time that I walked into that office until after delivery, I was treated like family. The staff put me at total ease! I refer my family, friends and pregnant women to him.

April 13th, 2015
Love him
Dr Steiger delivered my son on 6-4-12 and I was incredibly happy with him throughout my pregnancy and delivery. He was very matter of fact and very knowledgable. I would recommend him to anyone who has a high risk pregnancy.

March 19th, 2015
Very good choice for high risk.
I am high risk with gestational diabetes and pre eclampsia from my last pregnancy. Dr. Steiger took the time to give me a binder with all the testing information, etc. that I would need to be prepared. I was diagnosed this pregnancy with gestational diabetes again by 10 weeks, so have been working very closely with the doctor and with sweet success this whole time (I am not 26 weeks). I have been extremely satisfied with the level of attention the doctor gives me in every visit, as well as his bedside manner. He has been understanding to my concerns and has made me feel confident in my choice with him as a doctor. I would highly reccommend him to anyone with a complicated pregnancy and will use him again for any future pregnancies.

February 4th, 2015
Very good Dr.

December 11th, 2014
The front desk staff is completely unprofessional and disrespectful. Especially Margarita, she was extremely rude and i hope she gets fired. She seems to hate her job, life and everything else.

November 20th, 2013
Love Love Love Dr. Steiger!!
At first he can seem a little reserved but he is a great doctor. I was referred to him by my GYN because I have diabetes and I had some bleeding at 9 weeks. Dr. Steiger took great care of my and my unborn child. He is very through and detailed. I got preclampsia at 35 weeks and he delivered my baby via C-section at 36 weeks. I will definitely use him if I ever get pregnant again.

April 12th, 2013
My experience.! My thanks to Dr . Steiger
I was transferred to Dr. Steiger from twentynine palms . I had no choice but to be under his care because of preeclampsia . When I see some women say on here he had horrible bed side care well at first I thought that too but as you get to know Dr . Steiger and the things that he is trained to do is remarkable . You just got to get to know him and he will open up with you. He is looking out for the best interests in all women and he does a good job. There are some Drs that loose that compassion but since he has been in practice for a very long time before I was even born I know I can trust him which made my experience that much better. Himself and his staff I would recommend to any women especially if you got complications . I currently just went through a week in the hospital with my preeclampsia and dr . Steiger tried to get me to stay pregnant but it wasn't happening so he asked to do what was in my best interest for me and my baby and went ahead and gave the Ok for a c section . He did a beautiful Job on my incision and I am still seeing him every week till my blood pressure is good . He's truly does a beautiful job . I don't know how things would have came out if I didn't come here . Now we are just waiting to take our baby home with us due to preemie but everything is looking up and we are taken care of at desert regional and everyone was has helped us out in this time of need bless your hearts !

January 29th, 2013
Worst doctor I've ever had
It has been many years since I saw Dr. Ralph Steiger, but the memory of my experience with him has never left my mind. I had a high risk pregnancy and was on bed rest, and went to Dr. Steiger for my amnio. My sister, whom is a doctor, had told me to ask for the thinner needle as it carries less risk of miscarriage and the thicker ones are "old school" and used by doctors who don't like or aren't familiar with the new technology. When Dr. Steiger entered the room, both my husband and I found him to have very poor bedside manner. He was abrupt, rude, and told me I was "ridiculous" for suggesting the thinner needle. When I asked him again to consider it, he snapped, "Did you go to med school? No? I rest my case." Who says that when a patient is looking out for his/her own care? This was my baby's LIFE I was looking out for. We should have left then, but I had waited so long for my appointment and wanted to get it over with. Bad mistake. The doctor seems outright hostile when he repeatedly punctured me with the needle (couldn't get it right the first time). I cramped and bled for weeks after, and my regular OB thought I was going to miscarry. She said Dr. Steiger has a HORRIBLE reputation among staff and patients and that his medical license should be revoked from all of the things she's heard. She said he is a sociopath who doesn't care about his patients, and I would agree. Luckily, despite Dr. Steiger's negligence, I did not miscarry. With my second child, I went to a different amnio doc referred by my OB, and what a different experience! Not only did he use the thinner needle (and does so with all his patients) but he got it right the first time. His bedside manner was excellent, too. No cramping, no bleeding, and I didn't lose my baby like I almost did with Dr. Steiger. It saddens to think of other women who have gone through such a terrible experience as I did with Dr. Steiger. I can only imagine how many babies (fetuses or otherwise) that have been lost or damaged under his "care." I truly think he is one of those "women-hating" doctors, and I saw zero sign that he cares about his patients in any way. I wish I'd known to stay away from him.

October 20th, 2012
Excellent doctor, nursing staff and office staff
I've been seeing Dr. Steiger's team as a referral from my regular OB-GYN due to some high risk issues for several months now, and I'm really impressed with his operation. They take time to do things right, investigate, listen, answer your questions -- in short what I remember from going to the doctor as a kid in the pre-HMO era. He is also very detail oriented and up to date on current research (I read Pub Med to know the latest) - unlike many docs these days who seem overwhelmed with patient volume and can't remember anything about you or your history from visit to visit. Awesome high-tech ultrasound machines to see your baby too! I would highly recommend him to any woman with high-risk pregnancy factors.

September 28th, 2012
Worst doctor I have ever encountered
Did not adhere to medical standards, called multiple doctors incompetent, did not listen to any of my concerns, and ultimately put my life and the life of my unborn baby at risk.

August 17th, 2012
He is the Best!
Dr. Steiger is absolutely amazing, after having two very difficult pregnancies, he made my third feel like a piece of cake. He and his staff always took the time to answer my questions, or explain concerns or procedures. Never did they make me feel rushed, or a bother. Because of Dr. Steiger my baby girl went full term, and was born healthy with out complications. I thank God for his care; as well so does my entire family.

January 22nd, 2012
Excellent Dr.
Excellent overall doctor n staff. You are treated like an individual and not just a number !