3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
$ Sign 1st in this Dr.'s mind show details $ Sign 1st in this Dr.'s mind
by N C on Aug 30th, 2015

I'm ditto to the 2 previous comments on Jun 14 2013 & April 14 2012 plus my own personal painful experiences with Dr. Vick. Although Dr. Vick has been warned by my family doctors' concerning about my PSA numbers keep going up each year for 3 consecutive years in the row. Dr. Vick has done nothing but to tell me that's my "New Normal". Until per my request - not the suggestion originate from Dr. Vick - to have another biopsy procedure on my prostate. When I visited Dr. Vick office to get the result of my biopsy procedure, Dr. Vick casually informed me that I have the prostate cancer in FINAL STATE !!! with a comment that : "yea, it's sneaked up on us " without any empathy whatsoever ??? Dr. Vick went on to say went on to say that I need a surgery within a month with a behaviors as if he just have an opportunity to make more money from hid patient. I'm an Engineer with high level of intelligent and logical reasoning. I DO NOT recommend Dr. Vick for patients with prostate related problem.

Current Patient show details Current Patient
Apr 24th, 2014

I was referred to Dr.Vick by my Nephrologist and he has been excellent and has helped me through some very rough times and I would definately recommend him.

Not Recommended show details Not Recommended
Jun 14th, 2013

I was one of his patients for a genital disorder. Comparing with other doctors he speaks very little and time for consultation. He doesn't wait for your questions/concerns rather he keeps moving. Never urged the seriousness of a disease. Due to his sluggish and delayed diagnosis put my life into a serious condition. I do not recommend to anyone.

Apr 14th, 2012

I am a former patient of Dr. Vick's. He diagnosed prostate cancer in me after performing a biopsy. Unfortunately, I found him very cold and clinical and he didn't seem to view either my wife or I as people. When we discussed the surgical option with him, both my wife and I were very interested in nerve sparing. When asked about that, he very cavalierly responded, " I will save them if I see them" and came across as very uncaring and was going to do whatever was expedient for him and not within my best interest. Fortunately, the doctor I found to do my surgery was more empathetic, not to mention more experienced and one of the top doctors in the nation, right here in Charlotte. What Dr. Vick lacked in bedside manner and overall caring, this doctor more than made up for and made nerve sparing a top priority next to successfully removing the cancerous prostate.