Ralph Waldo MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Carmel, IN

• Good
  • Bad

April 5th, 2016
Very bad. Total money minded people, no value for life of patients. First of all they don't take insurance. On top of that they charge lot of money and if you tell you are doing the lab work outside their lab, they will charge you double for the visit. When I called them to schedule an appointment after an year, they told me double the charge they take from new patients. Doctors are life saver, we say and it is very disappointing to see doctors like this who are completely just money minded

July 26th, 2015
Disappointed
I went to Dr. Waldo looking for help with my depression (biologically and chemically). Bi-polar runs in my family and I wanted to know my chemical and genetic make up. I WANTED answers to why I felt so lousy! It started with an enormous amount lab work that wasn't covered my insurance. At my second hour and a half appointment, all he talked about was heavy metals and food allergies (I found out I am only allergic to mushrooms.) I was to come back in eight weeks to get the genetic testing results (mind you those results were sitting in his hand and at the time. I physically saw them and he would flip through the report and say 'oh, my'.) So I played his game and anxiously awaited for my next hour and a half appointment at $750 a pop. Two days before my appointment, I had to call and reschedule my appointment. My daughter needed to see her doctor and I couldn't be at both places at once. I know what your thinking folks, but my daughter comes first! After much hassle with Dr. Waldo's resectionist, my appointment was rescheduled for two hours earlier than my original appointment. I told the receptionist to schedule for the shortest time possible because I am out of a job and I can't afford the hour in a half appointment. I went in for my appointment, and asked for a copy of the chemical/genetics report. Dr. Waldo actually told me "no, you can't have it." He proceeded to tell me he had not had time to look over the report....oh like two more hours was going to make a difference, plus he had over 48 hours notice of the change of appointment. So, I demanded the report again and I was told I didn't deserve a copy of the report. I was totally heart broken! I felt like I was so close to getting answers but it was taken away. So if you don't mind spending over $3,000 to have a ton of lab work done and enjoy listening to him ramble on about how he good he is and how much he can help you (but doesn't really explain the WHOLE picture), then by all means see Dr. Waldo. I just didn't have the money or time to waste to get where he thought this should go.

June 24th, 2015
Brilliant Doc!
He is a fabulous doctor who, shock, shock... searches relentlessly to find the cause of your illnesses, sees their interconnections nod seeks to actually fix what is malfunctioning instead of just prescribing drugs to alleviate a set of symptoms. To him, symptoms are information, pieces of a much bigger puzzle. He is brilliant. Do not expect to always understand his treatment plans fully--they are complex. But if you follow them and are invested in taking the journey with him to really understand what is going on in your body and how to heal and correct it, you WILL get get better. He doesn't give up even on people who have given up on themselves. His grasp of biochemistry, genetics, neurology, and the utter interdependence of all body systems, is so unusual in the practice of medicine--any branch of medicine. His specialty may be psychiatry, but because he treats psychiatry through a thorough grasp of how the central nervous system cannot be separated from the gut and every other body system, he really treats the whole body.

June 11th, 2013
Money Spent
Lots of lab work, so many labs my son passed out after he vomited during lab draw. Lots of vitamins Offered little time to explain rationale for expensive vitamins other then just do what I have prescribed , and do not bother taking notes. My child had severe oral sensory issues and could not begen to even swallow the vast amount of vitamins ordered. In the end, huge amount of time and money wasted at Nora Apothecary to get special vitamins.

October 20th, 2012
Dr. Waldo is a brilliant physician. He's so innovative in his approach to medicine treating the root causes of illness through diet, supplements and meds. He has a wonderful, warm bedside manner and deeply cares about your health and well being. His office staff is slow to respond at times so it is important to follow up with them if you haven't heard anything for a day. It has more to do with being short staffed than lack of attention.

November 29th, 2010
This doctor is well decorated but hasn't done anything to help the situation for my spouse. We have spent a ton of money on test/labs and now vitamins. The average person will spend close to $5K to get started on any of his programs, which haven't worked. You can't follow the program unless you are able to afford $600 dollars or more a month on supplements, buy food that you can't find in normal stores and spend another couple hundred for food! My GOD he must drive a very nice car and live in a very large house for all that he charges. $145 dollar visits with very little resolution. Welcome to a medical JOKE! He is horrible at follow up and returning calls. He is smart, don't get me wrong but he isn't realistic with the solutions he puts in place. He talks the talk well but didn't offer up anything different than a primary care professional had offered up prior to these visits. He offered the same meds that didn't work before but added on $600 dollars worth of vitamins to be taken with those meds!!! Give me a break... I would have to say its sad that we spent this much time and money to be no further along on resolution a year later. Very DISAPPOINTING!!!

August 17th, 2010
Our son is a patient of Dr. Waldo and we would highly recommend him to others. Dr. Waldo is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to; he takes the time to explain complicated medical functions in layman's terms to you and makes sure that you are comfortable with all the information and treatment plans. A great doctor.

September 19th, 2009
Dr. Waldo
I have had an excellent experience with Dr. Waldo. He spends a lot of time with you up front getting lab work and putting you on a health regime based on what the labs reveal. It is not a quick fix, but have found I'm feeling better than I have in years.

February 13th, 2009
I saw Dr. Waldo while he was in town, and I certainly did not have the same experience. We waited over an hour before we saw him, we couldn't understand his directions, and he was rude when I tried to ask questions.

December 15th, 2008
Sorry to those in Fort Wayne
I'm so glad Dr. Waldo moved down here to Indy. He's the best psychiatrist I've seen (he's my fourth) and the first to use science rather than just playing the guessing game of meds.

June 13th, 2017