Dr. Ramakrishna Gollapudi MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Antioch, CA

3.6

September 7th, 2016
Life is Too Short, Find Another Dr
I was referred to Dr. Gollapudi by my GP (also Sutter Health) for a routine test. He performed the test competently enough, as far as I know. I know very little since he was too busy taking calls on his cell phone while in the recovery room telling us about the results. I felt like I was bothering him being a patient. He won't have to worry about that again. His staff and/or the staff of Sutter Health are terrible. I was told after my initial consult that someone would call me within a week to schedule my test. I'm still waiting for that call. Over the next month I called at least 4 times trying to schedule the test. Most infuriating was that they would acknowledge that they had made a mistake not calling me (or not returning my calls) and promised to have the scheduler "get back to me right away." Never happened. The only reason I ever got a test scheduled was that I insisted on talking to the supervisor's supervisor and she finally took ownership and got me an appointment. I have another issue outstanding with the staff. Upon my consult visit I was asked to pay a co-pay. Some doctors do this, some don't. My BCBS plan is funny. It is hard to guess if there will be a co-pay on any particular visit. Most doctors just bill me after submitting my claim to BCBS. As it turns out, there was no co-pay. So Dr. Gollapudi has now had my $40 for almost 3 months. This despite at least 3 phone calls to his office (always answered by Sutter Health) and assurances "the check just went into the mail." What is wrong with this organization? Is Sutter Health so destitute that screwing patients out of $40 is necessary to keep the lights on? The picture I get of Dr. Gollapudi is: a doctor of unknown quality, uncaring bedside manner operating with too little support. Does anyone need that kind of doctor?

July 28th, 2010
Dr. Gollapudi is Great!
I saw Dr. Gollapudi a year ago and had an "incomplete" colonoscopy because I have an extra long colon. I didn't want to go through it again, so I waited another year and mustered the nerve to go back to see him. He told me that because of my condition, he'd have to be a little more aggressive and that I would have to be more sedated. I got very worried about punctures, being under, etc., but he explained everything to me and made me feel comfortable. He was able to complete the procedure successfully. I would recommend him to everyone!

May 20th, 2010
Caring MD
Very caring. Excellent bedside manner. Takes the time needed to discuss a problem and never seems rushed. Shares his knowledge in way that is easily understood. Great MD! Wish all doctors were like this doctor.

January 20th, 2010
He is the BEST!

June 1st, 2009
anyone but pudi
This doctor never calls back! He is disorganized lft me hanging for weeks till I called again then he answered me with "the treatment is not e have working" he used a blood test from another doctor at a way earlier time! For my first visit he did no explanation of the treatment 15 min. top and i was out the door wondering should there have been more...I don't have all the answers or all the questions..my first time treating hep c...help me out Doc..I asked some questions and he got iritated! I would not recommend this doc to even an enemy!