Dr. Rama Prayaga Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rama Prayaga?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Rama Prayaga?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 18th, 2016

Rude scheduling staff, very unprofessional

December 7th, 2015

Waste my money after I see this doctor more upset I don't know how he become to doctor

May 16th, 2015

Great place and the staff is so accomadating

October 4th, 2014

candy man

i knew things were off from my first appointment because the whole thing lasted all of 10 minutes long. but i thought what the heck , he was easy. every appt since is 5 minutes or less. no discussion just here are your meds... like candy. i even had a massive crisis in the interim of one of my visits and my therapist directly called him 2 days prior to get a medication switched... he remembered nothing. i, trying to be a responsible patient, made my following appointment a "week early" because i have a business trip i have to attend during my regular one month mark. i get an email 2 days prior to my appointment interrogating me about why i was coming in early. long story short , all the sudden their office requires documentation when people come in early. what ?! I was unable to provide them this at their deadline bc between work and school and the busy demands of my job (i work in a doctors office)-- could not get this to them by the time requirement. I asked if I could bring it to my appointment Saturday-- day of and she said no. So they cancelled my appointment No I will be out of my medication, he is booked well after when they will run out, and now I am hoping I do not have to many adverse side effects. Luckily ALL of this is documented via email.

April 2nd, 2013

Pretty Good For Me

I see Dr. Prayaga once a month and never have had any problems with seeing him. I think his practice has changed from the time some of the other reviews were written. I started seeing him in the summer of 2012. Although I already had a diagnosis and a pretty decent treatment plan when I transferred to him, but he still took the time to get to know me and my history. I admit that now it is more "medication management" as I go for my prescriptions, BUT if you have a problem you need to learn to talk about it with him. He will listen. I had a problem pop up last month and he and I talked through some things. And I love the guy who works administration in his Falls Church office.

February 3rd, 2013

Amazing Doctor

Great Doctor. I definitely recommend him

January 28th, 2013

HORRIBLE

I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. His smarmy, psuedo-empathetic beside manner doesn't manage to hide the fact that he doesn't care about how you're doing. He upped my dosage without telling me or discussing it with me. He rushed me out after 5 minutes even after telling him I was in the ER this past week for being suicidal. I was called 15 minutes before an appointment to get there in 5 (he's 30 minutes from me). His staff is terrible, rude and can barely answer the phone. He is negligent, fake and overall wants you out and your money in his pocket. Don't trust him!

July 13th, 2012

unsettling experience

I saw Dr. Prayaga once a month for six months. I should be more clear: I visited his 'clinic' for six months. I only saw Dr. Prayaga twice. Each other time that I visited I met with a completely new doctor who saw me for 3 minutes and wrote me new prescriptions.Dr. Prayaga was very nice and took his time with me on my first visit, but I was bothered with overzealous prescription writing. Although I told the doctor that i'd had a lot of problems with substance abuse, he prescribed me Adderall. Adderall is not recommended to be used with zoloft and for months i was plagued with horrible anxiety. The next visit I was loaded up with even more medication. Finally I decided to get off everything and stick with the Zoloft-now i feel much better.Aside from the medical issues, the office changed locations without ever notifying me. Both offices I visited looked like a squatter's home. The office was bare with the exception of an old dog painting. The couch was ripped and appeared as if it were pulled from the side of the road. My final straw was last week when I forgot my medication at my house while on vacation. Despite the fact that I was experiencing withdrawals, would not prescribe me with a few pills to tie me over. I strongly recommend NOT visiting this clinic.

November 2nd, 2011

Dr. Rama S Prayaga is listed as being female but is male. He is high standard and demanding. Do not set yourself against his progress meter. You will find yourself trying really hard to get better but he will not change anything in your prescription or treatment. Right from the start I felt competitive and challenged by him. The first appointment entailed journal writing, to which I turned in a month's written work, not knowing the purpose and it wasn't talked about later. This was in lieu of art I had made in an art therapy class, which he refused to see and asked for a journal. Later as we talked more, he took calls or my appointments were double booked with other patients. He only acknowledged me when I came in dress clothes for my appointment, as I perhaps didn't meet his high standards on other appointments. He did not listen attentively at the outset of my problems, but as crises arose he became concerned and attentive, which I very much appreciated. The whole time I felt like I was doing a lot of work at my end --- without much incentive or feedback from him. He managed my medications without asking questions about them like other doctors asked --- about weight gain, appetite, sleep etc. I had thyroid problems from them and had to have medication change from another doctor. It seemed like he was writing out the same prescription over every time, but still managed to make mistakes. Both he and the staff committed errors but quickly covered up with no apology whatsoever. I was perplexed when the clinic terminated my treatment without notice, outgoing instructions or medication refill --- which is typical of other places. Also beware of the doctor and his staff speaking casually disparagingly. They do not value their clients. Anyone with sensitive and deep issues will not feel well and may come out worse. My recommendation is to shop around and meet few doctors before you actually start working with one.

August 28th, 2011

Good doctor disorganized staff

Dr. Prayaga was caring, empathetic and non-judgmental of my medical diagnosis, situation. He prescribed the right medication. However was forgetful at times. His staff was rude, constantly changed appointments and copays. However it is difficult to find a good South Asian doctor and given my circumstances, I had to stick to this doctor. I didn't appreciate the doctor wearing clinky jewelery, pony tail and tattoes that drew all attention to himself rather than to the patient's problems. He is otherwise knowledgable, attentive and empathetic. The doctor has way too many patients and is high in demand. You have to call in one month ahead of time for refills. The staff is not helpful.

July 25th, 2011

I have "seen" Dr. Prayaga since Feb and after 5 months I have yet to meet him. I am always seen by an assistant who apparently can sign off on his Rx pad. Each time I requested to have an appt with him I was told they would check his schedule and call me back but I was never called back. At this point I am going one last time to get my refills and am moving on to a new doctor. After reading the reviews at least now I know that he does indeed exist.

May 7th, 2010

Worst experience

I don't think I ever waited for less than hour and besides my intake appointment he never spent more than 5 or 10 minutes with me. He basically charges you to watch sign the prescription. His office staff is rude and not knowledgeable about office policies.