Pulmonologist (lungs)

Terrible Experience show details Terrible Experience
by T. Harris on Apr 18th, 2016

I had a dry hard cough that wouldn't go away. It was imperative that I get rid of it asap. I had a Back Surgery coming up that would be cancelled if the cough persisted. It had taken me yrs to find a time when I could take 2 months off for this surgery so cancelling was not an option. I was new to the Poconos and found Dr. Gosala online. Upon meeting her, she was mechanical and projected no warmth or friendliness. She gave me a prescription that didn't work. I would call her office , leave a msg & never receive a return call. I went bk & forth to her abt every week for a month. She was dismissive. She could have cared less if my condition was improving or not. I now had the cough for FOUR MONTHS. My surgery was certain to be canceled. I went back to Gosala and begged for a treatment that would work. Dr. Gosala barked at me defensively about all that she had done for me, "What more do you want from me!!" I was shocked at her aggressive, unprofessional behavior and left...coughing. The next week, I sat in a Surgery Prep class at Pocono Medical, where AGAIN, everyone was telling me my surgery would have to be cancelled because I was coughing uncontrollably. Alas, someone suggested another pulmonologist. My surgeon called him directly to make sure he could squeeze me in the next morning. Within FOUR DAYS my cough was almost gone !!!!!!!!!! This new doctor was a godsend! I am 50 and have had asthma for 48 years. I have never experienced a doctor as rude and incompetent as Dr. Gosala.