A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ramaswamy Viswanathan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Viswanathan
Depression Patient Education Visit our depression patient education guide to learn about mood disorder, medical conditions and symptoms of depression.Before Visiting Dr. Viswanathan Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ramaswamy Viswanathan, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Viswanathan graduated from Madras Medical College, Chennai. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Viswanathan has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Brooklyn University Hospital
- Kings County Hospital Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ramaswamy Viswanathan MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Ramaswamy Viswanathan practice?
- Dr. Ramaswamy Viswanathan has 1 office location.
Dr. Ramaswamy Viswanathan practices Psychiatry near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Psychiatrists.