Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Questionable billing practices  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

The doctor's service was fine but the office manager and billing function is the worst that I ever encountered. They had billing questions that I had issues on and they will not return my calls or emails. Meanwhile, they turn me over to collections. I paid the bill in full for the balance due. They then bill me 10 monthes later for lab services that the insurance company had paid them for previously. They wanted me to pay them over $250 in "balance billing". They billed me the difference the amount of the difference between what the negotiated rate that the insurance company pays and what they charge. This practice is not legal in Texas. It took a 47 minute phone call to resolve. The other billing issues cost me hours of my time. It is too much work to straighten out their billing issues to ever go there again. A nice doctor but the Centenial & Texas Health Physician Group staff made this a very time consuming process.

|  BAD STAFF!  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

DR Amara seemed nice enough, but the real problem is the staff at Centennial Medical Associates. They over book the doctors. What is worse is that they incorrectly file insurance claims which results in the patient being forced to pay the bill when the insurance should. The insurance companies aren't to blame. The staff and their inability to correctly file claims is a very serious problem at Centennial Medical Associates.