Dr. Rami Mortada MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 21st, 2017
Great experience
This is my second visit and already feeling much better, crossing my fingers this will continue to improve.

November 17th, 2016
Exceptional
First visit went really well, so far I'm very impressed

October 12th, 2016
Knowlogeable
Knowledgeable, listens with good bedside manners.

September 13th, 2016
Lost My Trust
I started seeing Dr. Mortada for my thyroid cancer after another doctor left KU Med. He was very empathetic and kind, although he was not willing to consider my desire to switch to a more natural hormone replacement and would only check T3 and T4 if I insisted on it. He put off discussing my case with an oncologist several times and did the same with referring me to another specialist. (Granted, I should have pushed the issue sooner, but I figured he was the doctor and knew what he was talking about.) He said there were several rare things going on with my case and that I would never be cancer-free. He suggested getting my tubes tied due to thyroid cancer growing slowly except during pregnancy and, after researching with the information he had given us, we had that procedure done. A couple of years later, he referred us to Mayo, where I found out that *if* I had the rare issues he *thought* I had, it would have been VERY BAD and a first in the country that would've required immediate, drastic action. Instead, I learned I had been cancer-free for several years, including when I had my tubes tied. Great news, obviously, but a little late. I also found out that he was keeping my thyroid levels the opposite of what he should've to keep the cancer he thought I had from growing. He was keeping me hypo instead of hyper. The Mayo docs were shocked at that. My levels were all over the place and meds were changed every 3 months when I was seeing him. Since Mayo, I've been on the same dosage of thyroid replacement with perfect levels. The Mayo docs also put me on an activated Vitamin D supplement to combat the hypoparathyroidism I've struggled with for years since my initial surgery. I like the guy and hate writing this review, but feel that other patients need a caveat. My dealings with him have caused me to lose all trust in him, in KU Med, and in any tests performed around here, since all those MRIs, PET-CT scans, CT scans, ultrasounds, full-body scans, etc. were misread for years. If your case isn't complicated, sure, go see him. If there are any questions at all, get another opinion. I no longer see an endocrinologist in the area. I have blood work occasionally to check my levels at my PCP's office, but now go to Mayo yearly for an ultrasound. KU Med was supposed to be the best around here and the best failed.

March 19th, 2016
Menopause
Took us three different medications to find the right combination of my horrible hot flashes. During the process, he was patient, flexible and willing to work with me. Highly recommended.

September 5th, 2015
My Diabetes is finally under control.
I had a wonderful experience and I always recommend him for my family and friends. After struggling for many years with my diabetes, I am finally on the right medications combination and my blood sugar has been better than ever. Thank you for saving my life

June 2nd, 2015
Go to another Dr!
They keep adding patients to the point that they have little time for you. We used an offsite lab because our insurance covers it 100%. Since then they got attitude. Dr Mortada is a traditional health care practitioner. Only uses cheap synthetic hormones for thyroid condition will not listen or respond to patients concerns about medications or treatment options. These people only care about your money!

April 16th, 2015
Awesome
Awesome Dr., very knowledgeable.

April 8th, 2015
Dr With Knowledge
i wish I've seen him before

October 5th, 2014
Great doctor
I have been to see Dr. Mortada several times. Each time he has listened to me and has been very knowledgeable. I have been to many many endocrinologist and he is by far the best one in the state of Kansas.

February 7th, 2014
Great experience.
I have a rare endocrine tumor, when my last endocrinologist left town I was on a hunt to find a new one. Dr. Mortada was recommended by one my friend who sees him. Office is a little bit hard to find, so plan some extra time so you won't be late. Front staff and nurses are very courteous, after a short wait, Dr. Mortada came to the room and introduced himself. He already had reviewed my case and had good understanding of what's going on. He reviewed with me my disease process in lengthy details, gave me more than one option for treatment and we decided together what seemed the most appropriate option for me. He made sure to ask me multiple times if I had any questions. He was thorough, understood my needs and for sure exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended for your hormonal needs.

January 9th, 2014
Caring and excellent communicator.
I have seen three endocrinologists in the past, I felt for the first time that someone is genuinely concerned about my complaints. He did start me on a treatment plan and was willing to work me with baby steps toward my goal. I was given multiple options for my treatment plan. He always spend enough time with me, answers all my questions with patience. He is a great communicator, really cares, I feel blessed to finally meet a Dr. who is going to work with me find a solution.