Dr. Ramin Gabbai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

March 16th, 2012
Friendly and personable doctor.
I'm prone to avoid doctors and hospitals so when I have to visit a doctor, I walk in guarded and anxious. After meeting Dr. Gabbai, I felt that I was in very caring and skilled hands. Dr. Gabbai approaches his patient care in a thoughtful and attentive manner and he built a positive rapport with me within minutes. I have no reservations in seeking more services from Dr. Gabbai in the future.

February 19th, 2012
Never again
I was referred to Dr Gabbai by an Oncologist at Cedars and later found out they have some kind of business relationship and it want a referral to the best doctor or my condition. Dr Gabbai was cursory, superficial, and after three visits I went o another nephrologist

March 8th, 2011
Woe and Gabbai
When I first started to see Dr. Gabbai,everything seemed okay until he gave me the wrong medication with very serious side effects.My hair was falling out by the handfuls and not just the hair on my head. When he was told of the problem he laughed it off as me being dramatic. He said i should be happy to be alive. I agreed. He said he may change the meds. Time went on hair still falling out..now I'm having anxiety attacks. I report the problem to my other doctors, who changes the pills on the spot. Stating "We want you to want to take the pills not for it to be a punishment. Dr. Gabbai just called me vain. I have not seen him since. My health is better and my hair is slowly growing back. The emotional scars are harder to lose. Seeing a doctor is already a serious and worry some event in itself. No one needs extra trauma added on to it. I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. He should learn to pay attention to the whole patient.Not just clearing his bottom line.

September 12th, 2010
Sick patient
Less than average doctor, saw me in hospital, made wrong diagnosis and when I asked my Oncologist for another nephrologist, he refused saying Dr Gabbai was only one who understood my condition. When I called Administration, they said that was not true and when I asked other oncologists, they said they never call Dr Gabbai, that he needs more experience. I changed to another oncologist and nephrologist and the experience was so much better. Also Dr Gabbai told me I needed dialysis but it turned out to be wrong.

April 15th, 2010
I am glad to have Dr. Gabbai on my ongoing team of Doctors currently treating my illnesses. He really has a GREAT bedside manner, and was very comforting to all of my family when my health conditions were at thier worst.

October 24th, 2009
Rude and wrong
Do not go see this Doctor. My wife's doctor is actually Dr. Gabbai's wife Michelle. She is great, but keep in mind that Ramin is on call often. When my wife and I had to call him after hours, he was rude, dismissive and even told me to shut up. He then prescribed an outdated antibiotic which cause my wife to have to go to the emergency room 2 days later to get the right medicine. We will never go back to Michelle and Ramin's practice again even though we love Michelle. The most unprofessional man I have ever talked to. Unbelievable.

July 9th, 2009
I have gone through about 5 doctors since I moved to Los Angeles and I finally found a doctor that took the time to discuss my condition, listen and follow up. His staff was very friendly also.