Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Avoid Dr. Modabber show details Avoid Dr. Modabber
Nov 15th, 2010

Both my husband and I have used SM Orthopedics a number of times - BUT with a different Dr. I assumed Dr. Modabber would be of the same calaber - but I was so so wrong. I barely got much time with him and once his associate shared his views with me re: my "in office" MRI - next thing I knoew I was having a major operation elbow Tendonites because my tendon was "torn from the bone" I of course belived what I was told and moved forward with prep test etc. costing me over $1000 - but still had not spoken to the Dr. and when I called over the next two weeks 4 x and NEVER heard from Modabber or his assistants or his scheduling nurse - I decided WAIT A MINUTE - this is a MAJOR operation and I want to know what is going to happen - BEFORE the opertation...Face it - if you can't reach your doctor before - what happens when you really need him after??? So I went for a second and third opinion - and found out - both specialist (with fantastic references) said the same: NO NO NO to the knife - and NONONON to the lousy in-office MRI. Thank G-d I asked around. And again I tried to contact Modabber and the other Dr. I know and respected at Santa Monica Ortho - BUT STILL - no one ever bothered to call back or contact me....Stay away from Santa Monica Ortho - check out Lewis Yokum if you want an honest and safe Dr. go to Kerlan Jobe.