Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Great Doctor, Very Nice Staff  |  show details
by Mary K. on May 10th, 2014

Due to ill health, I have seen doctors for years. I can tell when a doctor just goes through the motions, doesn't really listen, or doesn't care. This doctor does care. Despite his busy schedule, the doctor spent a lot of time explaining my disease to me, told me how to improve my diet, and what he will do to keep my vision. Macular degeneration is scary to me but I feel like I am in good hands. I cannot recommend Dr. Schadlu highly enough.

|  Awesome Retina Specialist  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2013

Nice guy. Awesome doctor. Fixed my retina and explained things.

|  Artist  |  show details
by G. Willard on Jul 1st, 2013

This is an outstanding retina specialist and this extends to all areas of professional services/care! Dr. Schadlu truly cares for and about his patients and over-extends himself when it comes to providing immediate care for his patients with retina issues.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2012

Very affable man. Obviously knowledgeable and very thorough. Great experience all around. Best ophthalmologist I've seen.

|  Outstanding Experience  |  show details
May 26th, 2012

I recently saw Dr. Schadlu in second opinion and I'm glad I did. I had been diagnosed with a diabetic eye problem and was very nervous. Not only did he put me at ease and explained everything to me in easily understandable terms, the whole office was so friendly and everybody was kind to me. I know I asked a lot of questions but other than the previous doctor I had seen, Dr. Shadlu never got impatient with me and at the end even made sure to check if I had any additonal questions. My treatment went fine and I can already see a bit better. A doctor.

|  Saved my mum's eye  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2012

He saved my mum's eye after she detached her retina. i really like how he explains things. And he was really nice to her when she was scared. He's really good.

|  Review for Arizona Retina and Vitreous Consultants  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

I actually saw both Dr. Ramin and Dr. Anita Schadlu in Scottsdale and Phoenix respectively. While he is my main doctor, they have both been terrific. Staff has been a pleasure to interact with, which I can't say about most medical practices. You can go here with confidence and you will not feel like a number.

|  Amazing Retina Doctor  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2011

I have had retina problems for the last 20 years and have been seen by many retinal consultants in arizona (from Phoenix and Scottsdale to Buckeye). My usual experience with retina specialists has been a long wait and minimal interaction with the doctors. Dr. Schadlu takes another approach. He explains things in a way that helps patients understand their condition better. Also, my vision has improved significantly due to his care. This doctor even takes the time to explain how to change your nutrition and lifestyle to help slow down macular degeneration. I'm a retired surgeon myself and I have to say that Dr. Schadlu is not only a great physician and retina surgeon but also a class act who cares deeply about his patients!

|  Really good doctor who cares and who is very competent and attentive  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2011

Dr. ShadluI found him to be very professional and competent. He took time to explain what he was doing and why. I felt in good hands since he wanted to be sure to have done all the procedures to check out why I had the symptoms I had. Furthermore, he set up a follow up meeting for re checking the condition. I must say that I found his receptionist to be very attentive and kind, which also made me feel good.

|  Very Apprciative  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

I thought I just needed glasses and ended up being told I had to see another doctor for a serious vision threatening problem. I was very nervous because the first doctor I saw told me I could go blind in my affected eye, and going into Dr. Schadlu's office I had no idea what to suspect. I had to drive a little bit to the office and when I first came in I have to admit I became more nervous (either atmosphere or just being there). I was greeted right away by a very nice woman and then saw the doctors technician who was very professional. What I liked most was he almost knew everything about me already as he must have reviewed the previous doctor's notes. Then I saw Dr. Schadlu who had a very sincere tone in his voice and explained I have to undergo surgery or will lose all my vision in my eye! He then introduced me to another technician of his who took pictures of my eye and then he explained what he saw when he examined me. Great doctor, if you have any scary problems with your eyes, I recommend Dr. schadlu.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

I only have one eye. The other eye was severely injured as a kid. When I flew into Phoenix, I noticed flashes and floaters and knew something was wrong. Very scary - especially when your other eye is blind.Dr. Schadlu didn't just provide a very calming and professional atmosphere. His surgical expertise allowed me to function immediately after retinal detachment surgery. Now, multiple months out, my retina remains re-attached. I'm extremely grateful and highly recommend seeing this doctor.