inactive

Ramon Manon-Espaillat Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

November 1st, 2015
Thoughtful, Concerned, thorough
Started seeing Dr. Manon-Espaillat after a car accident in 1999, where I had hit my head. Since I already suffered from Epilepsy, he came highly recommended because of my seizure disorder, along with the confusion. Initially diagnosis by other doctors was old age and dementia, since I was in my 60's . Dr. Manon-Espaillat treated me as a person listen and then did many different kinds of test such; as MRI, and other tests as well as a neuro-psych referral to determine what type of problems I was having before coming up , with his diagnosis. Thanks to him I have been able to lead a productive life, enjoying my grandchildren and my surroundings. I do not have dementia as other doctors diagnosis and if he had not been as thorough I would not be living the productive life I am leading. Still seeing him for my epilepsy.

December 13th, 2014
can careless, really don't give a dam
Visit was quick, felt like the doc was rushing to get to his next patient,front desk people very nice (guy and girl)then there was a women named camill very rude and grumpy, 3 months to get a visit. Seen by doctor took 7 minutes, whatever,what i have is new and confusing to me i just want to understand what is going on in my body.

October 13th, 2013
This guy is so bad. Don't go there he'll collect your co-pay, throw a random diagnosis and horrible medication at you, then shove you out the door. I would never recommend him to anyone, in fact I'd like to see his license revoked.

March 28th, 2013
Excellent doctor
An Excellent Doctor. Accurate Diagnosis, Correct Testing and Treatment.

November 13th, 2012
3 months and still no idea what my MRI shows3
Had my MRI Early August. I have called dozens of time pleading with the receptionist to have Dr. Espaillat call me with the results. NOTHING. Not a return phone call or letter. I am still symptomatic and I cant get any answers. HORRIBLE DOCTOR.

August 9th, 2011
Dangerously arrogant and tunnel-visioned
I went for a sleep study because sleep apnea was suspected as the reason for my daytime tiredness and loud snoring, but it turned out that my bipolar meds keep me from achieving proper REM sleep and that the meds cause the fatigue. When I went for my follow-up, this doctor told me to STOP my psych meds, without consulting my psychiatrist first. When I told him how dangerous it would be for me to just stop my psych meds, he literally scoffed at it. He is far too arrogant to acknowledge that my sleep issues might require a team approach. When I said I would not stop my meds without talking first to my psychiatrist, he threw up his hands. I'm just trying to be responsible for my illness. I think a more responsible approach on his part would be at least to suggest consulting my psychiatrist first. Really, he didn't seem willing to get any sort of outside advice, even though in my case that's really ALWAYS warranted because of the severity of my bipolar. I was hoping to see someone that considered my safety more important than always having an answer.Furthermore, he seemed convinced that I have narcolepsy, even though I don't fit the diagnostic criteria. He offered to prescribe me a drug to help me stay more awake; he gave me a prescription with no further information. When I got home, I found out the drug is prescribed for narcolepsy (which I do not have) and that, according to the medical literature, is contraindicated for someone with my kind of mental illness. I think this doctor is dangerously arrogant and only sees things from the narrow perspective of his specialty without regard for the valuable input and diagnosis other medical professionals have already offered. Frankly, I'm shocked that such an "expert" neurologist would not know how dangerous it is for a mentally ill to just stop their meds, or to be so cavalier about a patient's genuine concerns.

February 28th, 2011
Does not return phone calls or spend enough time during visits

January 19th, 2011
Very knowledgable; caring; good overall experience. Confidence in Dr. Manon is very high.

April 20th, 2010
A real good guy !
Dr Manon is caring and kind, a very easy to communicate with doctor who also has very through diagnostic skills. He is the guy to see is you need a Neuologist !