Ramon E Ravelo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

November 9th, 2016
Prepare to wait 2 hrs. Minimum !
Dr Ravelo's office is run with the attitude t h at you can and will wait as many hours as it takes for you to be seen I have been seeing him for about 9 months now and each appointment that I had I had to wait 2and a half or three hours. Then his office doesn't do the billing well either because they were billing the wrong insurance company. As a result he took it out on me and gave me the bums rush to to get me out of his office as fast as possible. He said " you have to learn to wait". Another Dr Ravel quotes is don't pay any attention to him meaning a loved one of mine. I can't believe how ignorant he is sometimes. How do you say that to a person who suffers from anxiety? That is like telling me to shut off my brain.

August 12th, 2016
Support Staff Sucks and Wait Time is Consistently Ridiculous
The title says it all. Judgemental office talk among the staff about patience (not about me that I know of), but can easily overhear the ladies chattering about others. Dr. Ravelo does appear to be caring and knowledgeable. However, the overall experience is not helpful if you are in a bad place.

August 27th, 2010
Some love from Potsdam
Great guy who really wants to help people-friendly, real, and easy to be yourself with-wish him the best in NYC!!

December 22nd, 2009
Quack
poor performance as a docotr

September 5th, 2008
Dr. Ravelo is a blessing to our community
Dr Ravelo recently became the resident Psychiatrist at Canton-Potsdam Hospital in Northern NY after almost 25 years with no resident psychiatrist on staff. I moved to this area a few years ago after having lived in metropolitan areas where there were plenty of doctors to choose from. When I heard that Ravelo was coming up here from NYC I was a little skeptical. Well, he has been amazing - the best psychiatrist that I have ever had (I have seen 3 total). He is extremely thorough in your first meeting and sincerely seems to want to work with you to get things straightened out. It is obvious that he is very experienced and knowledgeable based on his questions and comments. Very kind, thoughtful, and sensitive doctor. After being here only six months, I believe that he is no longer accepting new patients - people just went running to him. :)