Dr. Ramona Marsh, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
AVOID DR. MARSH! show details AVOID DR. MARSH!
Jul 9th, 2016

Just absolutely awful. I would never recommend Dr. Marsh. Total waste of time. She is callous and rude and just terrible at her job.

STAY AWAY!!!! show details STAY AWAY!!!!
Jun 9th, 2016

If I could give zero stars I would. She has no bedside manner, very short and dismissive. Any questions I had (1st pregnancy) she would brush off and say, "you know you're pregnant, right?" I called about leaking fluid, was never called back until the following day, about 24 hours after my initial call. Was told to drop everything and rush in. Went and she didn't even test the fluid, told me I was peeing on myself. Scared me.on the phone and once I got there said it was nothing. Turns out I was leaking. Went to another dr a few few weeks later becau a e baby wasn't moving. Told I barely had any fluids and if it was up to them I'd be delivering but it was up to her. She said no, she'd just monitor me with non stress tests. None of which checked for fluid again. Luckily I couldn't get in for a reg stress test and was sent to a special clinic and they decided to check fluid. There was barely any left. Had to be induced right away. Was told we were lucky they checked the fluid that day. Baby was born with torticollis because she was stuck (I was leaking the entire time and she wasn't ever moving which I complained about all the time). Ended up in PT for a year. Even her PT said we could have sued her if we wanted to because it was all documented. That was the worst of it but there's so much more. I had PUPP. Went in for the itching early 3rd trimester, she laughed and said it was stretch marks. Showed her again at hospital and she ignored it. By then it had spread all over my body. I was finally treated when I saw a new dr for my postpartum apt. He was shocked that got it after delivery and I explained.id had it for months and he couldn't believe any dr wouldn't recognize the rash. She also wanted to release me a day earlier than planned after my csection and when I questioned why (considering I could barely walk because I had swollen up really bad after delivery and the nurses thought I'd be staying even longer) she said, "if you're looking for maid service that's not what we're here for!" 2nd pregnancy was a totally new experience for me. Was shocked at the number of things they talked about with me, and things they did that she never did. The new drs were even surprised when I would say it never happened in my first pregnancy visits. I regret now reporting her to some medical board at the time but at least I did let the hospital CEO and I didn't have to see her again while I was in the hospital. STAY AWAY, RUDE, ARROGANT, AND DANGEROUS SINCE SHE IGNORES PATIENT'S CONCERNS.

Horrible attitude show details Horrible attitude
by K on May 27th, 2016

Though she was not my primary OB, Dr. Marsh was part of my medical group throughout my pregnancy so I had several appointments with her. I can't even speak to her technical expertise because I was just so horrified by the way she spoke to my husband and me she could have been up there with a flashlight and a barbeque tongs and I wouldn't have noticed. Every time we met with her, we left wondering if we'd done something to personally offend her. I went into labor around 10 a.m. and stayed home with the contractions until about 11pm when they were finally 5 minutes apart. My first question when I called CDH to tell them we were on my way was who was the a.m. doctor on call because if it was Marsh, I was going to push like my life depended on it to have that baby before her shift started at 6 a.m. It turns out she WAS the morning doctor on call, so when, at 4 a.m., I was finally at 10 centimeters but my baby was showing continued signs of distress, I was actually thrilled when they told me I'd need a cesarean. It meant I would avoid having this woman handling the birth of my son. I avoided writing a review of her "care" while I was pregnant because I was honestly afraid of retribution. I'm very sorry if there's something going on in her personal life that makes her treat people the way she does (sincerely, I don't know what her life is like and maybe she's got major stuff going on) but maybe she should take a personal leave from the medical field and re-evaluate what she wants to do for a living. The rest of the doctors in this group were all wonderful. VERY different from doctor to doctor, but they all had something to offer and I ended up being thrilled with the doctor who delivered my son. And not just because he wasn't Marsh. But that helped.

She's a total diva. show details She's a total diva.
Jul 17th, 2015

When I was pregnant with my second child back in 2014 Dr. Marsh joined my Ob practice. I started visiting with her late in the pregnancy while doing the doctor rounds. The first visit she seemed nice enough. I'm not terribly judge mental so if someone is short or having a bad day I really don't care. At 37 weeks I started getting symptoms of a bladder infection. My regular Ob immediately wired me antibiotics. When I told dr. Marsh at my next visit she told me that I was lying about the infection and that my recovery was a placebo. Are you kidding me? Who the $&@& does this lady think she is? Then when I went into labor she was the dr on call, unfortunately. I had active labor for 30 minutes. This was not my first rodeo. This diva comes into the labor room, sits her butt in a chair and huffs and puffs and sighs so loudly that the nurse started apologizing to her that she had to wait for the baby. Then she had the audacity to walk over to me and say, "look, whatever you're doing - it's not working." This woman is the worst expletive. My husband was speechless. I was swollen for weeks after her delivery and I actually called the office and complained saying that if I wasn't done having children I would have to leave my own beloved gyn because I would NEVER run the risk of seeing that woman again.

Poor quality show details Poor quality
Jun 9th, 2015

I had an appointment with Dr. Marsh at 36 weeks, because at my practice you see all doctors during your pregnancy. My appointment with Dr. Marsh was disappointing. She dismissed all of my questions - I'm a first time mom, and she made my concerns over what position baby was in/how big she might be/how it's handled if I don't deliver by 40 weeks (I'm also an advanced age mom) seem like they were the dumbest questions she'd ever heard. Every answer was "we'll worry about it when you're in labor" ... don't c sections need to be scheduled??? Perhaps her lack of concern was that baby seemed to be just fine/in the right spot, but she never said so. She clearly did not want to address any of my questions. I assume it's because she was running so far behind (I had to wait a good 30-40 minutes) but it wasn't acceptable.

No excuse to go to this doctor show details No excuse to go to this doctor
Dec 30th, 2014

Staff is lovely, this doctor is a horror. Terrible bedside manner, makes everything the patient's fault, is unprofessional. Made a comment about my weight (in a totally irrelevant context), would not give me a straight answer to any questions. Doctors should deal mainly in facts and empathy; Dr. Marsh deals in judgments and deflection.

Love her show details Love her
by Bri on Jul 17th, 2014

I LOVE LOVE LOVE DR. Marsh! She explained everything so I would understand what was going on with me. I never have to wait when I go to her office. I think the most I waited was 2 minutes. She always asks how I'm doing and what's going on in my life. Whenever I hear someone talking about their gyno I always bring up Dr. Marsh and tell them to go to her. So glad I found her! Even her receptionist is very nice. She will call to give you test results and when they're good she gets excited with you.

Sep 11th, 2013

Probably the worse OBGYN office ever. The lady at the front desk is the rudest, impatient, and non-personable receptionist I have ever encountered. Horrible bedside manner by Dr. Marsh, let's her personal biases overcome her judgement. OVERALL HORRIBLE.

Great Doctor!!!!! show details Great Doctor!!!!!
Aug 25th, 2013

I have to say that as a woman there is nothing else more uncomfortable and personal than having yearly checkups. Everything about this office is incredible, You wont even notice that you are in a doctors office, it has a great look and is very comfortable. Dr Marsh does care about her patients. She treats you with respect, and DOES take the time to address every single question you might have at the time. I especially love that when I call the office with a question, I actually get to talk directly to her. I've never had a bad experience with her or her staff, and was sad to see the negative reviews on here. She's a great doctor!!

Jul 23rd, 2013

Judgemental, inconsiderate, rude! Dr. Marsh not only frowned upon me when I asked for an abortion referral, but she refused to give me one. She was not helpful and made my husband and I feel uncomfortable. Worst experience ever.

by Jane on Feb 5th, 2013

My mother and I both see Dr. Marsh and love her! She has delivered all three of my children and am very thankful she is my doctor. I've never had a bad experience with her, and will continue to recommend her to friends and family.

Horrible doctor. Don't waste your time. show details Horrible doctor. Don't waste your time.
by D. Kendall on Sep 13th, 2012

Called ahead of time to see if doctor specialized in Hormone Replacement Therapy. Office said "Yes". Arrive at appointment and doctor has no interest in listening to my concerns. Didn't even take the time to look over all the test results that I brought in. Suggested that I was making up my symptoms. Doctor was degrading, insulting and the appointment was a complete waste of time.

Jun 18th, 2012

Physician did not ask me any questions about sexual activity recently at a visit which is important when obtaining PAPP smears, and awhile back was not supportive of the HPV vaccine, which has in fact been proven to prevent the risk of cervical cancer. Doctor seems to rush with patients, rather than treating patients as if they were a family member

Smart and professional - that works for me show details Smart and professional - that works for me
Jun 10th, 2011

Obviously very knowledgeable, experienced doctor who knows her business and gets right down to it. It works for me!

Wish all Doctors were like her show details Wish all Doctors were like her
by Meg McEvilly on Mar 28th, 2011

I would give her higher stars if I could. She was the first doctor to actually listen to what I had to say and worked with me to correctly diagnose my problem. Brandy who makes the appointments is great also and they are very professional and caring.

Bad Attitude; Questionable Knowledge show details Bad Attitude; Questionable Knowledge
Mar 17th, 2011

I like the fact that Dr. Marsh is very direct and to-the-point (she got me in and out for my pap smear and birth control pill renewal in about 10 minutes) but I am upset by how dismissive she was of my concerns about my medication's side effects. She said point blank that this pill did not have those side effects, but everything I've read in medical journals contradicts her, so I don't trust her judgment, and I really don't like her attitude.

horrible service show details horrible service
Nov 5th, 2010

this was the rudest doctor i have ever encountered. she actually asked me what my fascination was with shaving my south region. when i asked a question about getting an STD test (since i never have in my life and am sexually active), she raised her eyebrows and condescendingly asked, "well whats the point if you're not having unprotected sex, unless you lied about that." ALSO, i got a tattoo on my foot to honor the death of my mother. she actually flat out said, "i'm sure you could have found another way of remembering your mom's life than painting your foot." so rude, never going back.the office assistant refused to call my insurance company, as well. i was inbetween insurance policies and to prove i had it, the card said to call the # provided. instead she told me to call myself, and she "doesn't make personal phone calls."

Highly Recommended OBGYN show details Highly Recommended OBGYN
Apr 14th, 2010

Dr. Marsh is the best OBGYN that I have had in my 35yrs. I was referred by a co-worker about 8 yrs ago, and have since referred others. I've never had to wait long. She is very thorough,knowledgable, compassionate, understanding. Her office is close to my job,so most of my appts. are during lunch or after work. But,I live over 30 miles away and I have no problem traveling the distance for excellent care! And that's exactly what I did when she delivered my son 6yrs ago. In my circle, she is highly recommended. I am very satisfied and pleased with our doctor/patient relationship.

worst doctor ever show details worst doctor ever
Feb 6th, 2010

uncaring and disrespectful to your concerns.receptionist is rude and arrogant

Apr 16th, 2009

Great experience with this doctor.