Dr. Ramy Elias MD Patient Reviews

August 11th, 2016
Had knee replacement and have had no problems. Trust this doctor

November 8th, 2015
Surgery on wrong Leg.
My father in law, just had knee surgery and my husband call him to know how he was doing. After a few complaints about pain on his knee and not walking properly he finally tells his son, that the doctor is going to operate his other knee because he was mistakenly operated on the wrong knee. Unfortunately we live in another state and my husband was not able to be w/him and gather info before his father, met these so called dr. Elias, I dont know whats going to be the outcome of my father in law, situation. All I know is that we're traveling to California, to meet w/ this individual. Please if some is scheduled to have surgery w/this dr. Get a second opinion. Get a different Doctor.

September 22nd, 2015
Since I have seen this doctor only through my hospitals workmans comp I cannot rate the ease of appt or wait time. Overall, as a surgical nurse, I was very impressed with the amount of time he devoted to me and his interest in my correct treatment options. He will be operating on my shoulder in a month, so I feel confident in his skill level

August 3rd, 2015
Excellent Orthopedic Surgeon
I was very pleased with the surgery to my ankle after I broke it in 3 different planes. I followed all of Dr. Elias' directions and went to physical therapy elsewhere after the cast came off. Note that the office staff does not work for him. Although the staff could do a lot better, I am willing to put up with them so that I can get excellent medical care. (I have referred others to him and they have been happy too.) He shares the office and staff with other surgeons, who each has his/her own schedule. Sometimes the waiting room will be empty and sometimes it is standing room only. It just depends how many other doctors are in their offices at the same time. Since they are probably all surgeons, they don't use the office full-time.

June 21st, 2014
Very Skilled Surgeon
Dr. Elias did a total hip replacement for me. He gave me back my life. His surgical skills are 10+ and his surgery team is the best. I came out of recovery 100% better than when I went into surgery and NO PAIN. If you get a chance to be his patient.....run to his office. I recommend Dr. Elias highly and feel that I was really lucky to have him for my surgeon.

November 18th, 2013
Time too short
I saw Dr Elias at Talbert Medical Group. He didn't ask me what my symptoms were. He just looked at the X-RAYS of my knee and gave me a shot of cortisone. Didn't explain much. Now my knee hurts worse. His nurse says to take anti-inflammataries and ice it. I certainly did not feel listened to or really cared about here.

June 1st, 2012
very professional services
Comfortable with doctors explanation of diagnosis and. procedure he will perform on my shoulder

February 22nd, 2012
Worst mannered Dr & Staff!
The old lady who takes the history told my friend to her face that she was a LIAR and her condition could never happen to anybody her age! The doctor was soo rude he pushed and pressured my friend to do something she didnt want to do. I always thought doctors are suppose to be supportive & compassionate? Just before we left he told his nurse he NEVER wanted to see my friend again unless she was ready for surgery..."are you serious?" She has a messed up hand, back and leg. Yet this doctor put her on PNS. Lastly he has the nerve to talk trash about mt friends physical therapist on how he has done nothing for her.."really?"

May 12th, 2011
arrogant
Dr Elias was a referal from a very good Doctor thar i have known for over 20 years. I was expecting a kind person with some kind of "bedside" manor. I didnt get either. I didnt even get a visit after my surgery in the hospital, i had to call him and ask what do i do and when can i do different things. I did tell my friend ( the doctor that refered me) all about his arrogance. As far as his "job" and my injury- all is well, but i will not refer him to anyone, for more than 1 reason. 1) He didn't take the time to inform me of what i was going to experience after surgery, 2) he has no manners or kindness about him, 3) his assisant is as unprofessonal as he is, 4) Never called and asked me how i was doing or any memeber of his staff, 5)the first visit after surgrey, he didnt remove the staples, or even examine my injury, just came in the room and said, let me see the movement you have and see you in 4 weeks....why i don't know.

August 27th, 2010
D.P. Simpson
Dr. Elias seem very attentative and not in a rush. This is most important to me for my appointment is special for me.I do not feel like I am without his undivided attention. I would recommend him to others who have Orthopedic problems.

May 24th, 2010
I have nothing but great things to say about dr. Elias. Being a patient that does not take blood and having a serios hip dislocaton I was worried I would never find a Doctor that could fix my hip and respect the blood issue. Dr. Elias has been wonderful. He has operated on me twice without any blood and Iam so grateful to have had him for my surgeon. He is very nice and so easy to talk with, and has always answered all my questions. I would never use anyone else.

October 9th, 2009
Poor nurses
Dr. Elias is a very nice doctor and is concerned about his patient's well being, but it's too bad there is a nurse there that has a bad attitude and is very nasty to patients. I called in to tell them that my knee is bruising and she proceeded to tell me that it was from the injection they gave me the week before...she didn't even ask me when the bruise came up (it wasn't from the injection, the bruise came up 5 day after I had the injection). When I asked her if I should be on crutches because I work all day and I go to school and she told me that they couldn't give me a note to get off work or school, even though I didn't ask her that. When I asked her if I could make an appt to come in because the bruise was worrying me she told me that I couldn't be seen until I had an MRI. That is not how patients should be treated and needless to say, I'm getting another dr.