Colorectal Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
2400 Balfour Rd
Ste 230
Brentwood, CA 94513
925-274-9000
Locations and availability (2)

|  Horrible Experience with Doctor that Left Me in Unbelievable Pain in Summer 2013  |  show details
by A. F. on Jul 20th, 2014

I went to the doctor with just slight rectal pain. He diagnosed me with an anal fissure and just told me to start drinking a fiber supplement twice a day. He forgot to tell me that the supplement needed to be followed with plenty extra glasses of water or it would bulk you up to the point of making going to the bathroom difficult and harm the fissure. That is what happened. I saw him multiple times and the pain got so bad that it felt like I was being burned alive every day after I went to the bathroom. I called the doctor's office to complain and was told they couldn't do anything and the doctor couldn't prescribe anything for the pain. The staff repeatedly told me to go to the ER-unacceptable. They made me wait days for another office visit so the doctor to administer a mystery pain treatment (they failed to disclose what it was), meanwhile I was enduring tremendous pain. I went days later to the pain treatment appointment and the doctor announced after I was lying on the table, that he had run out of the pain medicine, like it was nothing. Yes I had to pay for that visit and the pain continued to get worse so that the next week on a pre-planned vacation I ended up in the ER. I ended up going to a second doctor who immediately dealt with my pain and prescribed medicine for it. I then went to Stanford for a third opinion, and they operated on me successfully and cured the problem. The second doctor and Stanford said how he treated me was incompetence and malpractice.

|  Dr Kim almost caused me to die.  |  show details
by Jonathan Lichtman on Jun 10th, 2013

Should be Zero stars I went to Dr. Kim to get a very painful thrombosis removed. He was able to do that. But he failed to tie off my artery. 20 min after I left his office I was bleeding steadily. I called the office and I was told to repack the wound and apply direct pressure for 15 min. We did this in the tub due to the large amount of blood still coming out. We called back after 25 min and we were told the doctor was out of the office if we wanted to we could go to the ER. After trying again we went to the ER. While there a doctor kept direct pressure on it until Dr. Kim got there and this time tied off the artery in the ER. So minus 2 liters of blood and $9,000 later I was sent home to recover. Unless you want to play Russian Roulette do not go to this butcher.

|  Surgeon Required  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

I met Dr. Kim at John Muir Hospital after being diagnosed with Diverticulitis and the recommendation of surgery by another surgeon. On my second visit I was introduced to Dr. Kim and both my wife and I felt very comfortable with his knowledge, diagnosis and bedside manner. He has been on call to answer my questions and has seen me on 2 extra occassions. I am comfortable with surgery ib his hands and expect a complete normal recovery.

|  show details