3.0

True patient Jan. 31, 2011 show details True patient Jan. 31, 2011
Jan 31st, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Mitra's for over one year, and I strongly disagree with Jane's (previous reviewer) assesment of Dr. Mitra's prescribing practice, and his overall demeanor. He has been kind and compassionate to me, and many other patient's who don't mind waiting a bit longer to see him, because they do not want to see any other Dr. but Dr. Mitra. It sounds to me like she has an axe to grind!

Psychiatrist Overprescribes Narcotics show details Psychiatrist Overprescribes Narcotics
by Jane on Aug 28th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr Mitra's and also a friend of two of his patients. One of the friend's I know overdosed and died from his prescriptions. My other fried overdosed three times, which he was made well aware of and he continues to prescribe Roxicodone, Valium, Soma, Xanax, etc. When she left her last rehab which he suggested she attend he met with her again and after a few sessions he began prescribing narcotics again. His demeanor was often perverse and and explicitly sexual. I have filed a complaint through the proper channels and hope to hear back soon. I also called Medicare and found he has been double billing patients....another complaint has been filed with the proper authorities. I will end my comment on that note.