Overall Review

February 10th, 2016
Dr. Altemose and Melissa took excellent care of my late husband, Philip W. Drash, PhD. I cannot say enough about their expertise, bedside manner and kindness to their patient. I, too, am a patient now - no cancer, thank God, just some blood issues. Thank you, God, for allowing people Like Dr. Altemose and Melissa to serve the Tampa Bay Community.

July 15th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Altemose for over 12 years. He is fantasic, caring and takes time to listen to you and explain your options.

August 31st, 2012
This doctor is the BEST!
I've been his patient since 1992. He is compassionate, caring, thinks outside the box & very eager to help you feel at ease. I rate his as the best of the best!

June 3rd, 2012
Doctor among Doctors
When I met Dr. Altemost I had been given what the average person would call a death sentence. A diagnosis of multiple myeloma. I showed up at Dr. Rand's new Brandon location with an arm load of records I had collected. He patiently went through everything I had, then told me to eat right, exercise, drink plenty of water and try to stay stress free. I did. He monitored my blood every 3 to 4 months and at the end of 2 years there was no sign of this problem at all. I am African American and AA women carry an elevated protein that sometimes appear to be something that it is not and the doctor knew that. He saved me a lot of heartache and unnecessary painful testing, all because of his experience he had seen this time and time again and just needed to monitor my blood. Experience is the greatest.

April 13th, 2012
Excellent, caring doctor - highly recommended
My husband was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma and Dr. Altemose was so optimistic, kind, caring and informative that he has made this process much easier for us to deal with. He made it a point to go out of his way to help us cope with this.

December 22nd, 2009
Horrible lazy doctor!!!!!!!!
I went to all visits with my mother who had breast cancer and this guy is a joke! I have no clue who the previous rater saw but it was NOT the same person my mother saw. This guy would get angry if he was asked a question or his answer was questioned. He did not like the fact that we did research on the topics and new a little about what was going on. Numerous times his answers were vague or did not make sense! He only did blood tests on my mother - telling her that she was cancer free and all the time she was not. He never bothered to do an MRI, PET scan, brain scan, etc... and would get angry when these issues were brought up! My mother finally saw the light and left him and went to another practice but by then it was too late. He is clueless!!!!!!!! Stay away!P.S. My mother died two years ago from matasticized breast cancer that had moved all through her body into her bones and liver.

September 16th, 2009
RAND ALTEMOSE IS AN ANGEL IN DISGUISE
I cannot say enough great about this man. Dr. Altemose has saved so many lives--countless. He is a caring practitioner to be sure--more importantly, he KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING. He knows exactly how much to prescribe,protocals to give, etc. Too many patients in other practices around the world have DIED simply because the dosages were incorrect. Almost equally as important is his positive and caring attitude. He assures, counsels, cares--and that positive message helps patients to take on his positive nature, helping healing in the process. I simply love this man! and know countless survivors that have shared the same with me.The support staff is caring, proficient, and knowledgeable.