Dr. Rand Stack Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rand Stack?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Rand Stack?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 5th, 2014

Thank you Dr. Stack!

This week I had my mammogram at the WestMed office in Rye, NY. While I waited, Dr. Stack, the radiologist, checked my mammogram. He told me that he found a spot that concerned him and showed it to me on my pictures. He sent me for extra pictures and then ultrasound. I wasn’t frightened because the doctor explained everything that was happening. I am relieved that I did not have to wait until days later to get my ultrasound. I am grateful to Dr. Stack for his patience and for explaining my tests to me and letting me know the same day that everything was okay. I would recommend Dr. Stack to anyone who is nervous and wants to know her mammogram results right away.

June 14th, 2012

so nice to find a radiologist who talks to patients

I had my mammogram in Dr. Stack's office at WestMed in Rye, NY. I am always nervous when I get a mammogram, but this is the first time the radiologist talked to me. He gave me a seat in his office and told me the results were good. Dr. Stack explained why I needed an extra picture and showed me my pictures. Now I will always ask for Dr. Stack, so I won't have to wait on pins and needles for my results.

January 30th, 2012

A Truly Caring Doctor

I recently celebrated my 18th year cancer free. I still remember the words when my breast surgeon told me that I had cancer. These past 18 years have been filled with many scares. Thankfully, only scares. One, in particular, was last year at a routine mammogram. I was in the radiologists office for 4 hours in St. Lukes hospital. Everyone else came and left. The radiologist just kept asking for more films but wouldnt talk to me. Finally crying, I barged into his office and he never even acknowledged my presence. Without facing me, he continued to look at his screen and told me I had calcifications and would need to repeat the mammogram in 6 months. My breast surgeon came to rescue me and told me it was probably nothing but I was very anxious. It was the longest six months. Only this time, I met Dr. Rand Stack, another radiologist at St. Lukes. This experience was much different. I had a kind, wonderful Dr. reviewing my mammogram. He told me that he would take many films but read them in my presence and tell me everything. He practically held my hand. His manner was so comforting and reassuring throughout the entire process. Unfortunately, he felt I needed a biopsy to be certain the calcifications were benign. Again, Dr. Rand said I know how nervous you are I am going to perform your biopsy during my lunch break. Is that a human being? He did and he personally walked my slides to the pathology department so I could get the results more quickly. The next morning before 9 am, I received a call from Dr. Stack informing me that all is well. He enjoys a wonderful reputation as a renowned radiologist but he possesses a quality that cannot be learned in books. He has left St. Lukes but I am in touch with him because I will follow Dr. Rand to any facility. He is a wonderful person and doctor.

December 25th, 2011

Very Impressed

I have gone to Dr. Stack for my mammogram for the last two years, and am constantly surprised by his level of care. He took time to go over my mammogram pictures with me and explain the results, and answered my questions happily. Going to get my mammogram was always a scary experience before, but Dr. Stack walked me through it, and made me feel so comfortable that it is no longer a chore to get done. I feel like Dr. Stack really cares about my health, and my experience at his office, which is rare nowadays.

March 2nd, 2011

abrupt, rushed, careless

seemed rushed, acted as if my questions were stupid, sounded condescending when I asked about risks. i got the impression he does not like patients who ask questions or want to understand their options. He made me feel uncomfortable.

March 6th, 2017