Ophthalmologists
Video profile
5471 E the Toledo
Long Beach, CA 90803
562-754-1110
Locations and availability (4)

• Currently 3.9047619047619 of 4 stars
 |  show details
by C. Pina on Aug 6th, 2014

I had a LASIK consultation with Dr. Garrana. The wait was a little longer than I anticipated. Dr. Garrana was very apologetic and appreciated the fact that I was patient. She even came out to the waiting room to explain the situation. Apparently, the office where we did my consultation is an office that she's using to meet with clients. She was waiting for a room to open up and then we'd begin. I didn't mind the wait, I was eager to meet her after hearing so many wonderful things about her. During the consultation she explained that their was an issue with my left cornea and expressed a real concern. She wrote a note for my doctor and advised me to make an appointment with a specialist. She explained thoroughly the issue with my eye so I understood completely. She didn't charge me a dime and said that I could call her if I had any further questions. I appreciate the time she took explaining the issue. I was disappointed that LASIK isn't something I can do at this time, but I hope that once this issue is resolved (if it even can be) that I can go back to Dr. Garrana. She will DEFINITELY be the person I go to for LASIK.

|  The only doctor I would trust with my eyes  |  show details
by Hee Rim on Jul 31st, 2014

First and foremost I would like to mention that after seeking consults from over 12 doctors, I wished I had just met Dr. Garana from the get go. She sets the gold standard for what all doctors should aim to be. She is courteous, honest, and gives you as much information as possible to make you feel at ease. I can not thank her enough for my new perfect vision and have recommended her to all of my friends and family.

|  Excellent Experience!  |  show details
May 18th, 2014

And a great great doctor!

|  I had a wonderful experience  |  show details
May 12th, 2014

I had Lasik, and honestly I was very scared to commit. I had three separate opinions but I still didn't feel that I was ready. Then Zi saw Sr Garrana and I respected her approach and how she explained things to me in a way that I could understand. I decided to have her do the surgery and I so happy with my 20- 15 ( better than 20-20 perfect vision). Dr Garrana is very special and is very very skilled and has a real talent. I would only trust my eyes to her care. I am very very happy!

|  Great doctor and surgery  |  show details
by Victor P on Apr 28th, 2014

I had Lasik with Dr Garrana few weeks ago. She did a great job. The surgery was with no pain and just took 10 minutes of so. But what was mostly great was seeing and feeling how confident Dr Garrana, the surgeon, was. She made me feel very confident and very very positive! The experience was nothing short of fantastic! I really appreciate my 20-15 vision and would recommend this surgery but only in the hands of a great surgeon such as Dr Garrana.

|  Custom Vision Lasik is great  |  show details
by Burke , V on Mar 18th, 2014

I had custom vision Lasik with Dr Garrana three months ago. I am very happy with my outcome. I am an artist and need to have good clean clarity of vision. With contacts I was always struggling with dryness, discomfort etc..It affected my work negatively. Now, however, I see the vivid colors with tremendous intensity and depth. Work is fun again! I recommend Custom vision, but more importantly, I recommend my surgeon, Dr Garrana. She is so very skilled with a great deal of knowledge in her field. She is also very easy to talk to and was able to explain my questions in a way that I , not knowing anything about fancy medical terms, was able to understand. I highly recommend her and the custom Lasik procedure.

|  Super Doc and Super Vision  |  show details
by Daniel J on Jan 21st, 2014

I came into the laser room terrified, but once I saw and met Dr Garrana my fear dissipated and I became very confident that I was going to have a great result, and I DID !!! This surgery is painless and fast!! But most importantly Is Dr Garrana: she is amazing! Very calmly confident and so very positive! She did great work on my eyes and I will recommend her to EVERYONE in my life! Thank you very much Dr G.

|  show details
by Anthony on Jan 20th, 2014

The most memorable thing about Dr. Garrana is her bedside manor and the way she instills such confidence in her patient. I am extremely satisfied with the outcome of my surgery. She is a wonderful person, extremely kind, highly skilled and I've already recommended her to friends and family. Thanks, doc!

|  Love my eyes and my Doctor  |  show details
by Justin T on Dec 24th, 2013

I went for a consultation to see if I am a good candidate. A family member highly recommended Dr Garrana and I decided to go to her and see what she says. I had the best eye exam that I have ever had. Dr G was so very professional and more importantly, very confident and very positive. I felt very comfortable and decided she would be my surgeon. It is now two months later and I can see 20/ 15 which is better than 20/20 (which is perfect vision). Dr Garrana had the most amazing bedside manners. She made me feel very comfortable and also confident. And the results on my eyes are a great proof that I chose the best surgeon to entrust with my eyes. I recommend Dr Garrana for anyone considering vision Lasik. It is an experience from the beginning to the end that you will never ever forget. Amazing experience!

|  Wonderful Experience!  |  show details
by Jen A. on Nov 5th, 2013

A good doctor, as a given, is 1) extremely knowledgeable about his/her field and 2) has tremendous experience. Dr. Garrana not only is a good doctor, but also took her time explaining the procedure to me, presented balanced information, and answered every single one of my questions with the fullest detail. Her post-op is even more impressive. From check-in phone calls to responses to my text messages at all hours of the day, I give Dr. Garrana my highest recommendation.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Raz on Nov 4th, 2013

Dr. Garrana performed Lasik surgery on my eyes. She was very nice and patient when it came time to answer all of my answers and concerns. I was able to also communicate with her after the surgery at all times. I would def. recommend her to others.

|  Love my doc and love my eyes.  |  show details
by Sandra Perkins on Oct 12th, 2013

dr Garrana did an excellent procedure on my eyes and I see better than I have ever seen in my life. I have recommended her to everyone I know and will continue to do so.

|  Excellent Experience  |  show details
by Brett S. on Jul 15th, 2013

Dr. Garrana was amazing. The surgery went great and her follow up care was excellent. I am seeing perfectly and have had no issues following my surgery. I would highly recommend her to any friends and family that are contemplating LASIK surgery. It is well worth the investment and you will be very happy with Dr. Garrana's work.

|  Awesome! Worth the wait.  |  show details
by Ani A. on Jul 6th, 2013

Dr. Garrana gave me vision that I had been missing for ten years. I had gone to her for a second opinion. She had the best bedside manner: sweet to a fault. She was patient with me as I asked a whole bunch of questions. Dr. Garrana clarified the procedures that were available and described the procedure that was best suited for my condition. To make sure everything was up to par she throughly did a background check on my medical history and tested my eyes. What I appreciated more is that she did one last check up before the surgery. I was a nervous wreck on the way to the operating room, but when I spoke with Dr. Garrana right before the procedure, I felt safe and secure. I will never forget this gift of sight and the time the doctor spent with me helping me understand how my eyes will adjust during and after the procedure. I would recommend Dr. Garrana to all of my friends and family. Cheers to great vision and bless those fabulous hands which gave me a second chance at sight!

|  My Cornea Transplant done by Dr Garrana  |  show details
by Sergei P on Jun 27th, 2013

I am so happy I found a place to write about my experience under Dr Garrana's care. I last saw her 17 years ago, when she did my Corneal transplant, but I will never forget her or the way she saved my eyesight and really, my livelihood . I was 21 years old, and my Mom brought me to the eye clinic at Montefiore in New York City. I had Keratoconus, and I had had two transplants in Russia that had failed. We had just immigrated to this country and our English was poor. God was smiling upon us and we saw Dr Garrana, by chance, out of all the Drs there. I remember she was so very patient with us. She called an interpreter and spent hours trying to understand my problem. We felt safe, respected and cared for by her. She did transplant on the right eye, and I was able to see 20/25, I remember. Never saw that good in my life. Then she did my left eye and I had the same perfect result. How lucky was I. She cared so much for us. Six months later she moved to Boston, and we saw another Dr. He said she was one of the best surgeons that they had. He looked at my corneal transplants and said they looked 'beautiful'. Yes he used that word! I am now 39 years old. I have two masters and own my own software company. Would I have been here if I hadn't gotten that care from her? Drs are real angels. I have such great thoughts towards Dr Garrana. I will never forget her as long as I live.

|  Four Words  |  show details
by Cindy S on Mar 2nd, 2013

Wonderful Surgeon, Beautiful Vision !!

|  Amazing Experience and Results!  |  show details
by Henry Roderick on Feb 4th, 2013

I almost believed that outstanding yet humble Drs with great bedside manners that talk talk to you at your level, and not at you, we're extinct! Yet Dr Garrana renewed my faith in Doctors! I had a wonderful experience and my vision in 20/15!! God Bless you Dr Garrana...

|  VERY PLEASED WITH MY EYESIGHT!!  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

I am very pleased and satisfied with my eye surgery with Dr Garrana. She was very nice and professional and delivered exactly what she promised. An honest and skilled, talented Dr. Not a lot of those kinds of Doctors around...

|  Happy and have eagle vision 5 years into it!!!  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

Want to state for the record that Dr Garrana was amazing as my surgeon. Took time and great care with me, and I was a handful!! She is the most compassionate Dr I have ever met in my life! Great result and beyond perfect eyesight years later!! HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!

|  Stunning results many years later!  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

I had my eyes done by Dr. Garrana at least 15 years ago and I am still enjoying the wonderful vision that she corrected for me. I would highly recommend her and her expertise!

|  yep  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

Problem is she is a traveler, not a safe way to do practice, I needed a foloow up for complications and had to see a different opthamologist and the whole thing has been a struggle.

|  A great physician, the way they should be!  |  show details
by Heather R. on Sep 2nd, 2010

Came in to see Dr Garrana having had a very bad experience with a Corneal surgery. Her staff did numerous high tech testing and finally she took great time and care in explaining to what the problems were with my eye and her recommendations for treatment. She encouraged me to get a second opinion for my peace of mind. I did, and she was absolutely right! I went back to her for the surgery and she did an incredible job! My eye is perfect!!! I truly recommend anyone with a corneal or a complicated eye problem to see her!!