Dr. Randa Garrana MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology New York, NY

• Good
  • Bad

May 9th, 2017
Lasik with the best and I have the best result
Anyone who has ever thought about blindness can probably relate to how terrifying it is to surrender yourself to eye surgery. But after 30 years of glasses and contacts (I was 5 when I started wearing glasses) I was done and was willing to take the risk, but a calculated risk. I researched everything about this surgery Lasik and then started looking for the best surgeon to do it. My search led me to some great doctors, ON PAPER, but some who had absolutely no bedside manner, no time to invest in you as you ask questions to try to decide if they were the right choice. Then I arrived at Dr Garrana's office. Her credentials were amazing, but at that point I was totally jaded and was not expecting much! But 5 minutes into the consultantation I decided that I would not let anyone touch my eyes but her. She was very approachable, incredibly smart, professional, very clear in her answers to me, someone who has never gone to MEDICAL school. She was very confident, but not in an arrogant way, but in a warm and compassionate way. I felt at ease, my fear disappeared and I almost wanted her to do it right then and there! But alas, the waiting room was full. So here I am, two months later with no coke-bottle eyeglasses and no red painful eyes from contact lens wear! What a joy waking up everyday to this world- seeing every detail and every color oh so vividly! I am grateful and thankful for Dr Garrana's gentle/ confident/ compassionate approach- and let me not forget her subtle sense of humor. We were all cracking up at the end of my procedure. And I can tell that her staff absolutely adore her. I am very very pleased with my entire experience and my vision is 20/15. If I were you I would make an appointment with her first. Don't waste your time. I guarantee that like me, you're going to want the surgery the same moment. I don't think I'll ever miss wearing glasses and contacts, and that's for sure! Thank you Dr G- you are super great and fabulous. God Bless You!

February 9th, 2017
Great experience
Like all of you out there, I was terrified to have someone cut and laser my eye. And now I am so glad that I went ahead with the surgery. I had Lasik which involves two lasers, one to cut a semicircular 'flap' if tissue and a second laser that treats the eye. I went into the operation having had multiple discussions with Dr Garrana who was such a professional and very clear is her discussions with me ( unlike some Drs who say all those fancy words and assume you're following) . By the end of the consultation all my fears and anxiety completely disappeared and I felt at eas and had COMPLETE trust in Dr Garrana. It also helped that she had a great sense of humor and her confidence was palpable. So today I am 3 months out and my vision is 20/10 and I have no issues at all. And I forgot to mention that I was negative 8 and was totally blind without my contacts. The surgery works, it really does, but more important the surgeon and that exchange that happens before the operation and the compassion and confidence. That's what did it for me. I have already refered 10+ people to Dr G and everyone that asks me I give them her name. I hope that helps whoever is out there considering this but scared out their pant! Go see my Dr, Dr Garrana and I assure you you will have a wonderful vision and result!

December 25th, 2016
Wonderful
Just one word, WONDERFUL! The entire thing was wonderful. Wonderful vision, wonderful experience. Wonderful doctor. Thank you...

December 17th, 2016
Consummate Professional and great skill
I am not great with words, but I recommend Dr Garrana very very highly. I had a wonderful experience. Go see her.

December 13th, 2016
I saw Dr Garrana a year ago and had Lasik by her. She was highly recommended by a couple of colleagues of mine who are such fans if her they are almost 'groupies'! She did an excellent job on my eyes, and took an amazingly long time with me before the procedure explaining everything, and giving resources to read and research prior to the procedure. I had a super experience and a year later I'm still better than 2020. I waited a year to write a review because I wanted to make sure that my vision hasn't changed, and it hasn't. I highly recommend Dr G for a great result and overall great experience.

July 8th, 2016
Rave review
Totally worth it! And the best part was meeting my famous surgeon- the Dr Garrana who everyone raves about! Beautiful work on my eyes Dr. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

June 4th, 2016
Dr. Garrana is simply the best...

May 1st, 2016
Gift of seeing great
I want everyone Researching lasik to know that it works..very very well. I loved Dr Garrana, and I see here by reading other patients comments that she is admired and respected by all of the people she helped see. What an honor to have been the patient of such a great dr and great person. Thank you for this gift Dr G :)

February 16th, 2016
This is the riskiest thing I have ever done in my life ( by my own measure), but it was so much worth it you guys. I love love love waking up and seeing right away, not fumbling around my night table dropping everything on the floor in order to find my glasses. And you know what made my decision easy? It was Dr Garrana. Her knowledge and confidence ( I see many people commented below on confidence :). ) was extremely impressive. And her bedside manners are just great! I enjoyed having her take care of my eyes and really, I don't think I can ever forget her. I highly recommend you just meeting her once if you are thinking about found this surgery, you will feel so at ease and you will get a very good vision result just like I did.

January 9th, 2016
I was Refered to Dr Garana by my regular eye Dr because I was having many problems with my eyesight after having lasik with another dr. She spent an hour and a half with me doing testing and measuring and talking to me. She was very honest and did not over promise me anything but was confident that she could give it a try and get my eyesight better. I felt that she has a solid and confident knowledge, and I trusted my eyes to her. I want to tell everyone here that Dr Garana delivered on all her promises. I have great vision now with no vision problems or quality of vision issues. I am an artist, and my eyes are my life! So really, Dr G saved my life. I recommend her strongly for everyone out there thinking about Lasik but is afraid. She is clearly a master of her profession.

November 6th, 2015
Amazing LASIK eye doctor!

October 12th, 2015
Confidence that is Inspiring- Beautiful vision after Lasik
I had Lasik on both my eyes around two months ago with this super Dr, Dr Garrana. First, let me tell you about my eyes: I had done discomfort after the surgery for three to four hours, but then my eyes started to feel great. No pain at all. I used my drops and went to bed. The next day I woke up and I thought I was dreaming!! I could see so well- unbelievable! Every color, every detail, like Zi have never seen before. I had tears in my eyes and overcome with emotion. Only thing I kept saying in my mind was 'why didn't I do the surgery sooner?' But Dr Garrana was the best part of it all! I was terrified before I met her, although I had done my extensive homework and was actually Refered by one of her previous patients. I was still terrified! But when I sat down with Dr Garrana, everything changed. She had infectious confidence, and I immediately felt that I was in great hands. She answered one full page of crazy questions that I had dug out from the Internet for her. In detail, and with a passion of a consummate professional who truly enjoys her craft. She was amazing, and she did well by my eyes, exceptionally well! I tell you, if OU are out there looking and wondering if you should be doing this surgery, don't wait another day, it is so worth it. But go see my Dr Garrana. Once you meet her you will understand what I mean . Good luck!