Dr. Randal Desrochers MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 30th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon
I think he is the best surgeon ever. Although I've moved from Michigan, I would love to commute there from Arizona just to have him as my doctor. He performed my jejunojejunostomy, and I never one post-surgical problem.

March 30th, 2016
Insensitive and thoughtless doctor
Dr. Desrochers is the most insensitive, thoughtless doctor I have ever met. Just before being wheeled in for a mastectomy, he told me—in front of my daughter and husband—that when the surgery was over, I would "look just like a man." I was shocked and devastated by this remark, and my first question post surgery wasn't about cancer, it was whether I now looked like a man. Makes me wonder whether he tells men with testicular cancer that they can look forward to a post-surgery career singing with the Vienna Boys Choir. However, he's probably much too misogynistic for that. If you are a woman reading this review, please find another surgeon you can trust.

August 14th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon; Kind & Compassionate.
Dr. Desrochers did my bilateral inguinal hernia repair with excellent results. After my initial appointment, I was scheduled for surgery the following week. Dr. Desrochers spent the appropriate time with me, and showed me kindness and compassion throughout my care. At my post-surgery follow-up, everything was as it should be. I have since moved across the state, but I would definitely drive the 2 hours to keep him as my surgeon.

February 3rd, 2013
Brushed off completely
I was very disappointed in my visit with this doctor. He was very rude and dismissive. I told him where I was hurting and what problems I was having and he told me that wasn't possible and there was no reason for me to be there. He spent less than 10 minutes with me and spoke down to me the entire time. He asked where the problem was, I stood and pointed to the spot and then he yelled at me to move my hand. Why should I see a doctor that I have to convince? I hope that you will choose someone else. He is a waste of time and money.

December 1st, 2011
Kind and calming...
He did a great job on my surgery. He is VERY nice and kind and takes time to talk to his patients. As my primary care physician said, "Doctor Desrochers is an excellent surgeon."

March 10th, 2015