Randal R Peoples, MD
St. Rose/Stanford Neurosurgery Clinic
2865 Siena Heights Dr Ste 131
Henderson, NV 89052
702-616-6580
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  DR PEOPLES IS THE BEST!  |  show details
by ERLINDA MAGCALE on Nov 16th, 2013

Dr. Randal Peoples is the BEST DOCTOR. He brought me back to my normal life after being very miserable and in terrible pain due to my severe spinal stenosis. Very detailed and explained the procedures, what caused it, recovery time, etc. Very compassionate. I still have to see a doctor, who, during and after the surgery, will personally call my husband to update him of the procedure. Called me while I was in the hospital to check on me. You are the best

|  Disc Herniation-Emergency  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2013

I can honestly say I have never met a doctor like Dr. Peoples. His bedside manner and professionalism is beyond compare. I was admitted to the hospital after an ER visit, I did not have a good feeling when the first surgeon came to talk with me. I asked the nurse about getting a second opinion and Dr. Peoples came, what a relief. He instantly put me at ease, had copies of my MRI to show what was going on in there and was willing to sit and talk with me about the procedure and what to expect. I would recommend him to my family and friends in a heart beat. It's very obvious that he is particular about his work and incredibly intelligent, as well as a people person...what a rare find in a doctor!

|  Might be great... if you can get in.  |  show details
by Ally M. on Jul 25th, 2013

Decided to try Dr. Peoples for help with my considerable back issues based on his reputation her on Vitals, among other places. Called for an appointment... his office informed me that I can't just make an appointment, I have to bring in recent MRIs, which he will look at before deciding whether to take me as a patient. First problem: If I'm in need of a new doctor (my old one stopped seeing me bc my case is on a lien, whatever) how am I supposed to get recent MRIs? Need a prescription, right? Lady on the phone seems to get that. So she takes my name and asks my injuries. When I mention the car accident, she stops me cold and says that Dr Peoples, "because of his affiliation with Stanford" won't take MVA patients because Stanford doesn't like him to be away from the office. Seriously? He's already screening patients. So yeah. Dr. Peoples may be great, but unless you already have recent MRIs and your injury doesn't stem from a car accident (or, I would think, workers comp, as that would also potentially require extra time Stanford wouldn't approve of) you're kind of screwed. All of this makes me seriously wonder whether Dr Peoples guards his reputation and ratings by screening patients and only taking ones that have simple cases with an all but guaranteed positive outcome. His prerogative, I suppose.

|  The BEST Doctor!  |  show details
by Amy R on Jul 15th, 2013

Dr. Peoples is the BEST Dr. I have ever been to. He is a Neurosurgeon but operating is the last option he takes when treating a patient. He will exhaust all avenues and methods before operating on a person. For that I cannot say how thankful I am. It saved my husband a needless surgery for a problem that wasn't spine related. I was so impressed with Dr. Peoples and his staff that I became a patient after my husbands treatment. THANK YOU Dr. Peoples for asuccessful and very happy patient!

|  The Best Dr I Ever Had!!!  |  show details
by anthony on Feb 27th, 2013

Dr. Peoples is the most Wonderful and knowledgeable Drs. I have ever been to my entire life. He did a discectomy on my L5/S1 and I am doing Great! This man is a God send, the rest of the medical community needs to learn from him. The staff is also as amazing, do not hesitate about going to him. THE BEST!!!!

|  Microdiscectomy  |  show details
by Stacy E. on Jan 17th, 2013

I had suffered a pretty big disc herniation on my L5S1 and have seen many doctors over the past 3 years. I was referred to Pain Management specialists, Neurologists and finally Neurosurgeons. Some of the most prominent Neurosurgeons in my area said that basically there is nothing they can do for me. They said my herniation is not significant based on the MRI and that my pain probably comes from arthritis and an unhealthy spine. Meanwhile I was still suffering from daily pain. When I first met Dr. Peoples what impressed me immediately is that he spent well over an hour with me examining my range of motion and strength. He looked over my MRIs and listened intently to me. After our conversation he felt that he could solve my problem with a microdiscectomy. However, he said because many people heal a herniated disc with a specific physical therapy that focuses on the McKenzie method he first wanted me to try this. He referred me to a McKenzie specialist in hopes that surgery wouldn't be necessary. I went to the specialist that he referred me to who reduced my pain by 30% over 4 weeks. I still felt the pain and went back to Dr. Peoples resolved to have the microdiscectomy. It was the best decision I've ever made. I am 2 months post op and feel like a new person. My pain is already 90% reduced from what it was pre-op. I healed beautifully and I'm sure it is because I was in such gifted hands as Dr. Peoples. I can now sit on the floor and read to my kids and carry my groceries and do basic everyday things without pain. I also no longer take any medication for pain and feel that I face every day with a much clearer head. Dr. Peoples is truly a gifted surgeon who cares deeply about his patients. He is that diamond in the rough that is so hard to find. I thank him from the bottom of my heart for giving me my life back.

|  Great Man  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2012

He fixed my problems

|  bulging herniatad disk  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

this dr and his staff made me feel like they really cared. The were outstanding in getting me diagnosed and needed surgery the next week. I was admitted the next week and out of the hospital the following day. I had my fullest confidence in his ability to get the right job done correctly without complications along with a quick full recovery. I highly recommended Dr. peoples to anyone needing spinal surgery. He is a real professional who is excellent in his field. I can't thank him enough as I am a very active individual. Thank you and your staff for giving me my life back

|  Richard Moll  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

I cannot begin to say enough aboutDr.Peoples. I had been pain for eigh 8 months and after my surgery on Gust 7th 2012 - he gave me a pain free life back. His staff and Dr. Peoples are such caring psople and I will be eternally thankful for what he did for me.As far as I am concrned he is a miracle doctorsincerelyRichard Moll

|  PROPER EVALUATION OF HEALTH CONDITION  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

Dr. Peoples does not rush to get you into surgery, he takes his time in evaluating every aspect of your problem and uses alternative methods of treatment to bring relief to the problem area. I was schedule for surgery in February by another Doctor. when I went to Dr. Peoples for a second opion he took the therapy route and now it is almost six months later and i feel great and do not need surgery. I am very happy I found Dr. Peoples.

|  Dr. Peoples was there when no one else was....  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

My story is really two stories wrapped in one. I went to see Dr. Peoples last fall because of pain and discomfort related to two herniated discs in my neck. He spent a lot of time with me during the examination and thoroughly explained everything. He was so easy to talk with that towards the end of my visit I asked him for a recommendation for a neurologist for my 22 year old son who was experiencing rapid muscle deterioration and loss of strength in both hands and forearms. He was told by a local neurologist that nothing was wrong. I am a registered nurse and have worked at physician offices so I know how busy doctors are moving from one patient to the next but Dr. Peoples took the time to talk to me about my son and his current situation. I left his office that day and began physical therapy and home treatments for my neck. I returned the following month having some relief from physical therapy however my spirit was shattered. The week before, Dec 8th, my son was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. This is a fatal condition with an average life span of 2 to 4 years. I broke down in his office and shared with him my devastating news. He was so warm, kind and comforting. In the months that followed my symptoms worsened and I was miserable both physically and mentally and I finally made the decision to have surgery. Each time I went in for a follow up Dr. Peoples always asked me how my son was doing. During this period my son had a second opinion at USC and a third opinion at Mayo. Dr. Peoples was masked up and wheeling me into the surgical suite when he asked me what Mayo had said about my son. I told him the "good" news that it was felt he did not have ALS but a little known and very rare condition called Hirayama disease. Dr. Peoples laughed and said what the heck was that! I laughed too and said I had no idea but the good news was we were told he was no longer dying, however the bad news was he could never fight again. My son has been training for years to become a professional MMA fighter and as relieved as he was he was devastated to face giving up his dream. He had had a successful amateur career and was on the cusp of becoming a professional fighter. My surgery went well and the pain, numbness and burning that plagued me constantly before surgery were gone. When I went in for my two week follow up appointment I had a big smile on my face because I physically felt so much better. Dr. Peoples checked me out and was happy with my progress. Once he completed the exam, he asked me for the name of the diagnosis again. Dr. Peoples never believed my son had ALS and now questioned the Hirayama diagnosis and asked if he could see him. We made arrangements for him to come in as a new patient. One the day of his visit, Dr. Peoples spent a lot of time examining my son, reading articles on Hirayama and reviewing the large stack of medical records. Then he put the MRIs up on the screen. My son and I watched as he quietly and thoroughly examined page after page of films. Finally he said, "take a look at this." After seeing 4 neurologists, getting three painful EMGs and three MRIs, watching his hands and forearm muscles rapidly deteriorate (his fine motor skills were so bad he could not open a water bottle) and spending months thinking he was dying, Dr. Peoples gave us the real diagnosis. My son had a herniated disc! It was so severe it was protruding into the spinal canal. He told us that with surgery the nerves should regenerate and his muscles had a change of coming back. My son and I were stunned. It was a miracle to us. Three days later my son had surgery. That was ten weeks ago and he is making slow and steady progress. He can hold a grip longer now, the shakiness and tremors in his hands are mostly gone and he can twist open a water bottle cap again. It will take a year to two year before we know the full extent of his recovery but we are very hopeful that he will get all his muscle and physical ability back again. I have been in the medical field all my life and know how remarkable it is that a physician took the time to listen to a patient about someone else and cared enough to take interest in it. Dr. Peoples gave us both our lives back. He is truly an amazing human being and he will always be my hero. I thank God everyday for his kindness and expertise.

|  Competent, compassionate surgeon  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

I had a herniated disc that left me totally incapacitated. After a trial of conservative therapies, I went to Dr. Peoples on a Thursday (July 3rd!) - he was due to go on vacation that Sunday. Recognizing the pain I was in, he arranged my surgery for Saturday. I crawled in the hospital at 5 that morning and walked out under my own power by 5 pm that evening. I could not be happier with either the outcome, or the surgeon.

|  Mrs Irene Provencio  |  show details
May 9th, 2011

Dr. Randal Peoples is the best Dr. I ever had. He is very kind, helpful, understanding and very knowledgeable.He made sure that the diagnosis of NPH was correct. My surgery went without a problem, I spend only 2 days in the hospital and I could go home. The following day I went shopping for a new sofa. I have had a bunch of surgeries in my life time, I am 76 years old. Non of them where easy and I always needed time to recuperate at home. Well, Dr. People is my Hero. I could have gotten Alzheimer's decease, if he would not being able to have found my problem. Thank you from my heart. Irene

|  Workers Comp. Administrator  |  show details
by J. Mannello on Nov 30th, 2010

Dr. Peoples is one of the BEST Neurosurgeons I have ever dealt with in more 15 years of working & dealing in Personel and professional care for people.

|  Wonderful doctor!  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2010

I am so thankful to have had back surgery performed by Dr. Randal Peoples. He is an AMAZING surgeon and has a GREAT bedside manner. He really cares about people and their overall health! Have already recommended him to others!

|  I trust him with my life.  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2010

That's a big statement to make and stand behind, but I do. I am so fortuante to know him and my family is even more fortunate and blessed to have had him "driving the bus" when my father fell ill. HE IS THE BEST. Period. End of story. I proudly refer him to all of my family and friends.

|  very caring dr for my son  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2010

Dr. Peoples treated my 5 month old son after he contracted viral meningitis. He was very compassionate & thorough.

|  He's the Greatest  |  show details
by Ann on Jul 1st, 2010

Dr. Peoples has been a blessing to our family. Not only is he a skilled surgeon but he truly cares about his patients and their families. My daughter who is his patient has referred to him as "my Dr. Peoples" since the first time he did surgery on her at 2 years old. He always has had her best interest in mind and only does surgery when it is truly needed.

|  show details
Jun 1st, 2010

Randal Peoples is an excellent neurosurgeron. His skill and knowledge are demonstrated by the care he provides his patients. He is very well liked at St. Rose Dominican Hospitals. He is excellent with both pediatrics and adults.

|  show details
Jan 31st, 2010

I saw dr. Peoples for a problem with my back. He was very thorough and explained to me exactly what was wrong. I appreciated the fact that he was not just going to throw medication at me. He gave me some exercises to do and I have been problem free since.

|  Could not be happier  |  show details
by Scott Meier on Jan 30th, 2010

After being told by two other surgeons that the only solution was back surgery, I was referred to Dr. Peoples by a friend. Dr. Peoples listened to all of my concerns and spent 45 minutes evaluating my lower back. I was fully prepared for him to suggest surgery to solve my back pain. I was completely surprised by his recommendation, which included exercising and loosing weight. Dr. Peoples honesty, compassion and over all concern for my well being was a welcomed surprise. I have followed his recommendations for the past 12 months and I can honestly say I am 95 percent better than I was a year ago. I have recommended Dr. Peoples to several friends and they too have raved about his wonderful care. Thank you so much, Dr. Peoples.

|  Tumor Removal  |  show details
by Rosanne on Jan 29th, 2010

When my husband found a large growth at the base of his skull we were in a panic. We knew of Dr. Peoples outstanding reputation and got approval thru our insurance company to travel from CA to Las Vegas, NV to be treated by Dr. Peoples.We were greeted warmly by his outstanding staff and impressed immediately by by Dr. Peoples comforting bedside manner. He explained everything in a way that we understood and helped diminish our fear.On the day of surgery Dr. came into the waiting area and reassured me so my wait was much less stressful.After surgery Dr.and my husband chose to use ibuprohen for pain as neither prefer to deal with the problems narcotics cause, although they were an option that most of us would like to choose not to use unnecessarily.Once my husband returned to CA with a clean bill of health we received multiple follow up calls. Dr. Peoples also informed our primary care of the proceedure and follow up care.Thank You Dr. Peoples...no one else will EVER be our neurosurgeon!

|  A True asset to Las Vegas  |  show details
by annie b on Jan 28th, 2010

My Mother has been treated by Dr. Peoples for the last six months and not only has he diagnosed a medical issue that had eluded other physicians for years, but he has also successfully eliminated the problem. He also went out of his way to correct mistakes and screw ups made by other physicians as well as medical and rehab facilities. I would not want to undergo medical treatment without being on Dr. People's watch. He is truly and asset to Las Vegas - we are lucky he is practicing here.

|  An angel on earth!!!  |  show details
by Nancy on Jan 28th, 2010

Dr. Peoples is the best doctor in town!I would not trust myself or any loved ones (not even my dog!!) to anyone else.

|  A True Professional  |  show details
by CSRipley on Jan 22nd, 2010

I have been in the care of Dr. Peoples for many years. To say he is a great Dr. is an understatement. He is one of the most caring and compassionate people you'll ever meet. Other doctors could learn from him. While many are quick to operate, he takes the time to see if there are alternative measures, ie: exercises, physical therapy, etc. for your problem before putting you under the knife. I have recommended many people to his office, and everyone has called to thank us for the recommendation. He is a life saver literally!

|  outstanding in all ways  |  show details
by Ted Melden on Jan 19th, 2010

This is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever been treated by. He was always very focused on me and had no other distractions. I had heard he was amazing, so I traveled from Modesto to Las Vegas to be treated by him. Dr. Peoples exceeded all my expectations. I had a very quick recovery unlike my coworker (law enforcement) who had the same surgery, the same time, by the workman's comp. doctor I was able to avoid. Than coworker was forced into early retirement. I was happy and pain free. I haven't looked back since. I have a healthy back thanks to Dr. Peoples.