Some ratings provided by DrScore.
This Dr. changed my life!!!! show details This Dr. changed my life!!!!
by Deborah, PA on Jul 13th, 2016

I really don't understand all the bad comments about this surgeon. I never found him to be arrogant or unprofessional. After a year with serious injuries, terrible pain, and four surgeries, I had the great opportunity to be introduced to one of the most knowledgeable, caring surgeon, WHO CHANGED MY LIFE. I had a joint Scheker implant inserted which helped me tremendously. I am out of pain, have great mobility and able to have normality back to my life. Dr. Culp is a top notch surgeon in my book, who I highly recommend.

Atrocious bedside manner show details Atrocious bedside manner
May 13th, 2016

Culp may be a technically proficient surgeon - it's difficult to tell. However, as a doctor myself, I've met literally hundreds of physicians, and have worked with many. Dr. Culp has a terrible, rushed bedside manner - about the worst I've seen; I would never recommend him to anyone.

Mar 18th, 2016

Great doctor. Broke my wrist and was back to work in 9 weeks. He actually had it moving in 10 days. Excellent doctor!!!

Do NOT recommend show details Do NOT recommend
Jan 27th, 2016

I have been operated on twice by Dr. Culp. He made it sound like rainbows and sunshine. but it was far from that. His time with his patients are VERY BRIEF. Other patients that I have had therapy with who were also operated on by Dr. Culp also had multiple surgeries. They were NO better after the surgery. I am worse off now then before I had the surgery. He wanted to do a third surgery, but I won't let him operate on me again.

Jan 24th, 2015

I'm sure Dr. Culp is a master in his field, but he doesn't spend as much time with me as I would like. I don't feel as comfortable with him as I do my other doctors. I don't get the strong sense of compassion I expect from a medical professional.

Dr. Culp: My Hero! show details Dr. Culp: My Hero!
by Meredith Morris Schnoll on Jul 3rd, 2014

I have known Dr. Culp for quite some time now. He is THE BEST! I had trigger finger surgery less than a month ago... he did an AMAZING job.... He is very attentive, VERY caring & he has helped me tremendously. He also performed surgery on my son's finger (it got smashed in a steel door jab) about 12 years ago... you don't even see a scar & he has full function of his hand, fingers & the nail is fine. Dr. Culp is one of the finest physicians & people that I know. He truly is my HERO! Thank you Dr. Culp....I am honored to be your patient! By the way, just a shout out to the office staff, I have been to several of Dr. Culp's offices,: King of Prussia, Philadelphia & Havertown... ALL of the staff members are professional, knowledgeable & caring. Thank you to all of Dr. Culp's staff!!! Suzanne & Gillian are amazing! Very helpful & very caring, always! They both have gone above & beyond, call me back when I had any questions, issues, etc... really top notch!! XOX

by suzzi on Jun 25th, 2014

Dr Culp is unaware of his patients problems and issues. He makes assumptions and doesn't diagnose or talk to his patients about what is even wrong with them. Didn't even want to listen to what I had to say or how I felt or even really examine me. Only in it for the money. He is no doctor! He is a Culprit!

mrs. show details mrs.
by Sherry Wroten on Jul 17th, 2013

I have seen this wonderful doctor over the past 2 years. I underwent a carpal tunnel release in my right hand my a surgeon in Delaware which unfornuately turned into a surgical error resulting in a severed ulnar nerve and radial artery. This doctor along with an associate were able to reattach that nerve and saved my right hand. most of the function has returned but still have some loss in it. I could not have asked for a better hand surgeon from what I've been told he along with Dr. Osterman are world known hand surgeons. He has a wonderful bedside manner and spends any time answering questions you might have. He has always been prompt for appt.s along with the surgery. Office staff is also wonderful and caring. I thank the good Lord above for knowing this person.

MY WORST EXPERIENCE EVERY!!! show details MY WORST EXPERIENCE EVERY!!!
Nov 14th, 2012

I HAD MY FIRST SURGERY OVER 2&1/2 YEARS AGO. I AM IN MORE PAIN NOW THEN BEFORE MY FIRST SURGERY. I ONLY HAD PAIN IN MY WRIST WHEN I TURNED A DOOR KNOB HARD, NOW I HAVE PAIN ALL THE TIME. I NOW HAVE PAIN IN MY HAND, MY FINGERS AND SOMETIMES IN MY WRIST. I COULD OPEN MY FINGERS WIDE AND MAKE A FIST~~~~NO MORE, I LOST ALL MOVEMENT IN THE FIRST JOINT OF MY FINGERS, SMH~~~~THEN I LET HIM GO BACK IN FOR A SECOND TIME~~~~BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER MADE! I COULD MOVE MY WRIST A LITTLE~~~NOW I CAN'T MOVE IT AT ALL!!! PRAYING THAT I WILL ONE DAY FIND A DOCTOR TO DO THE SURGERY RIGHT SO I CAN GET OUT OF THIS PAIN!!!

MY WORST EXPERIENCE EVERY!!! show details MY WORST EXPERIENCE EVERY!!!
Nov 14th, 2012

THE WORST!!!! show details THE WORST!!!!
Nov 14th, 2012

WHEN WILL MY PAIN GO AWAY? show details WHEN WILL MY PAIN GO AWAY?
Sep 11th, 2012

IT HAS BEEN OVER TWO YEARS AND I'M IN MORE PAIN NOW THEN I WAS BEFORE HE DID THE 2 SURGERIES!!! I HAD MUCH MORE USE OF MY HAND BEFORE HE MESSED IT UP!! I CAN'T EVEN OPEN MY FINGERS OR MAKE A FIST ANYMORE~~~~~WHY? I COULD DO IT BEFORE SURGERY~~~ I THOUGHT SURGERY WAS TO MAKE IT BETTER~~~~~~~NOT ALOT WORST!! HE TOLD ME THAT HE STARTED THERAPY TOO SOON AND THAT HE DID TOO MUCH THERAPY ON MY HAND~~~~~WHEN I CALLED HIM ON IT, HE SAID I MISS UNDERSTOOD HIM~~~SMH!!!

Awesome Surgeon!!!! show details Awesome Surgeon!!!!
Aug 30th, 2012

Dr Culp is the best! He had me back in action in no time at all!

SADISTIC SURGEON OVERSHOOTS & UNDER TREATS show details SADISTIC SURGEON OVERSHOOTS & UNDER TREATS
Jan 22nd, 2012

VERY LOYAL DEDICATED HUMAN BEING IS LOSING EVERYTHING---HEALTH, FUNCTION, JOB, INCOME, HOUSE, CAR, FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THIS SADISTIC SURGEON OVERSHOOTS & UNDER TREATSREFUSED TO PRESCRIBE PAIN RX AT 1ST POST-OP VISIT, DID NOT TAKE ANY PRE-OP OR INTR-AOP XRAYS FOR MAJOR RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, NOR DIAGNOSE NOR TREAT ALL WORK-RELATED RSI INJURIES NOW PRESENTING SYMPTOMS, OF PERILOUS NATURE...RUDE ABUSIVE NEGLIGENT STAFF DENIED ACCESS TO OPERATIVE REPORTS/RECORDS (DR. CULP, THE CULPABLE CULPRIT)

Wonderful experience - Dr. Kulp gave me back use of my hand show details Wonderful experience - Dr. Kulp gave me back use of my hand
Aug 18th, 2011

Dr. Kulp was able to give me back 95% use of my hand when other doctors told me it was impossible. Dr. Kulp and his staff are very professional and caring. Thank you!

Would never recommend this doctor! show details Would never recommend this doctor!
Aug 17th, 2011

Took my son to see Dr. Culp yesterday. Dr. Culp has absolutely no bedside manner. A physician should be able to walk into a room with a new patient and at least introduce himself. He did not. He should be able to explain things to patients (and their parents) without being condescending. He did not. I think it's important to teach my son that you should never pay for goods or services from companies or people who treat you poorly. We will not be returning to Dr. Culp.

AWESOME DOCTOR! A TRUE CARPAL TUNNEL SPECIALIST! show details AWESOME DOCTOR! A TRUE CARPAL TUNNEL SPECIALIST!
Mar 11th, 2011

I met Dr. Culp almost a year ago at the Hand Center in Havertown. He was very kind, honest and confident in his abilities. He diagnosed me with carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists and then performed a flawless bilateral surgery, both wrists at the same time, which I recovered from in no time. This was after another local "specialist" also diagnosed me, but was hesitant to perform surgery even though I had suffered for 5 years and he admitted surgery was the only option. This doctor, a hand specialist himself, actually referred me to Dr. Culp and I'm so glad he did! Dr. Culp's staff was very professional and helpful as well. I also can't say enough about The Surgery Center where the operation was done, which is located in the same building-the staff there was incredible! Anyone with carpal tunnel concerns should to the best there is-Dr. Culp!

Feb 25th, 2011

Excellent surgeon and clinician. He diagnosed the cause of the problem that eluded other orthopedists. Hand is functioning much better because of his expertise. He does spend very little time with you but it seemed to be due to him being in high demand and extremely busy.

The most incredible doctor,who helped me get my hand back show details The most incredible doctor,who helped me get my hand back
Sep 28th, 2010

I was told by a doctor in Lancaster,PA my han would end up looking like a claw after breaking it roller skating. Dr. Culp showed compassion and told me he would do his best. His best he did, it has been three years and I can garden, kayak and have 90% mobility in my hand. Thank you Dr. Culp and staff.

Jun 28th, 2010

Talented surgeon, but glib and dismissive with patients. Spent 15 seconds with me after hand surgery. Surgeon's arrogance.

Jun 18th, 2009