Dr. Randall Dryer MD Patient Reviews

March 14th, 2017
Thanks to Dr. Dryer
I have been dealing with back pain for over five years and have had two previous surgeries with limited reduction in pain. Dr. Dryer quickly diagnosed the cause of my pain, try minimally invasive solutions and finally performed surgery. Dr. Dryer was to the point, efficient, confident, and highly skilled. Many thanks go to Dr. Dryer, his staff, and associates for the care provided through diagnosis, to surgery, to recovery.

January 9th, 2017
Great Doctor, Great Office, Terrific Surgery Center.
Highly recommend Dr. Dryer. Suffering with sciatica / blown disc for two months doing pain management, injections & physical therapy decided to try surgery. Visited Dr. Dryer and two other Neuro/Ortho back specialists; Dr. Dryer's office was extremely efficient with practically zero wait time, the insurance approval specialist was especially helpful in expediting approval. Dr. Dryer was efficient in answering all of our questions - most importantly after waking from surgery, am pain free!

January 4th, 2017
Highly Satisfied Retired Carpenter
I visited Dr. Dryer in 2005 for a second opinion on having the rods & bolts (Hansen’s Device) in my lower back removed in order to relieve chronic back pain. The Houston surgeon who proposed this removal had a VERY unsatisfied patient in his waiting room and that doctor was extremely late for my appointments. Dr. Dryer assured me that it was possible to remove the extensive hardware (installed in 1996), but it would not relieve my chronic pain and this procedure would be very much more serious than the Houston surgeon had implied. Dr. Dryer’s review of my x-rays and his explanation of my spinal situation gave me confidence and I went ahead with his recommendation of a vertebrae fusion below the existing rods. I still have lower back pain, but this fusion permanently cured my excruciating sciatic leg pain. (I have other medical issues which contribute to my chronic pain which Dr. Dryer cannot treat.) Because of severe whiplash, twice, and a 30-year career as a carpenter, my neck was in bad condition and I was in danger of becoming paralyzed. Recently my extremities started going numb on a regular basis. Once again Dr. Dryer diagnosed the problem accurately and after fusions of three neck vertebrae, I am now symptom free with a “new neck” and very little loss in neck mobility. Unfortunately, I have more experience than most people with spinal surgeons, but fortunately, Dr. Dryer is right here in Austin. I believe that he is one of the best spinal surgeons on the planet and would trust no one but him with this kind of care. His entire staff is cheerful and professional. Dr. Dryer gets right to the point about your medical situation and explains how he can (or cannot) help. He does not waste his or the patient’s time talking trivia or discussing areas of the patient’s health that are not in his purview. He dictates the outcome of your appointment right in the exam room at the end of the visit so you know exactly what information is going in to your patient file. I highly recommend Dr. Dryer.

December 22nd, 2016
Great experience
I had two herniated discs in my lumbar spine. Dr. Dryer worked with me for two years trying conservative treatments, physical therapy, strengthening, stretching, epidural injections, and more but ultimately all were unsuccessful as my discs were completely desiccated. Dr. Dryer did a lumbar fusion as that was the best surgery for my pain and problem. Surgery was successful and now I am recovering, looking forward to being able to live normal life again.

December 14th, 2016
DON'T TRY TO AVOID BACK SURGERY!!!!
i tried to dodge back surgery for eight years - it doesn't work. have the surgery. five months after surgery i am 75 % recovered. i have my life back - dr. dryer gave me my life back.

October 25th, 2016
Patient
So far he has ad been really great leading up to my surgery in the morning. I have been riding this roller coaster for 20yrs dealing with this back pain. Because of his professional attitude and educating me in such a way has allowed my fear of surgery to lessen to a such extent where I have made myself ready to finally take care of my back pain once and for all.

September 27th, 2016
Best medical experience
Dr. Dryer is exceptional both in his patient (and patient) interactions as well as his gifts as a surgeon. I started out nervous and ended up grateful.

September 26th, 2016
2 different fusions
Dr Dryer is an incredible surgeon. I just had si joint fusion and the pain I battled for 6 years is gone. My recovery has gone incredibly well. He is very talented. Surgery is not his first option either, it seems he wants to try the least invasive procedures and surgery is a last resort. I really respect that about him. Your in good hands with De Dryer. He does talk into a recorder at the end of the appointment that I found awkward at first, but now I use it as a tool to "re-cover" our visit and make sure I understand exactly what was explained.

September 16th, 2016
Patient
Dr Dryer has operated on me 3 different times for 3 different health issues.(lower back..upper neck..middle spine) He is AWESOME ! Im 55 yrs and I'll be ready to golf, hike , and enjoy life . THANK YOU Dr Dryer !

August 30th, 2016
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Dr. Dryer holds my utmost respect. He was very professional, informative, patient and personable during my recent surgery due to a pinched nerve. He helped me to have the utmost confidence during this process and it was a success!

July 28th, 2016
Kudos to Dr. Dryer
Serious back pain is no joke and had crippled my life for over a year after having my first spine procedure (performed by a different surgeon and an entirely different procedure). When that approach didn't resolve the issue, the surgeon suggested that I see Dr. Dryer for a second opinion. Dr. Dryer was immediately able to identify the issue and recommend a better solution. Based on his significant knowledge and ability to help us comprehend what was necessary to fix the problem, we switched surgeons and made the choice to work with Dr. Dryer. While I wasn't exactly a fan of having TWO spine surgeries, the second one performed by Dr. Dryer did the trick and my pain was completely gone within weeks of the surgery. Not only did the pain go away, but I GOT MY LIFE BACK which I feel I owe entirely to Dr. Dryer. Before writing this, I read the other reviews on this site and vehemently disagree with those with poor ratings. When Dr. Dryer first met me, I was in constant pain and a completely miserable person since I was unable to conduct my life without considerable discomfort (couldn't drive, couldn't work, couldn't play with my kids). Not only did he spend significant time with me and my husband walking through the procedure, he made sure I was comfortable with the options and that I understood exactly where we were headed. After multiple visits to his office I can honestly say he spent more time with me than most doctors ever had, and was genuinely interested in my welfare. I was never rushed, my questions were always answered with patience and consideration, and the doctor and staff were proactive with anticipated concerns. I had my second spine surgery performed by Dr. Dryer merely six weeks ago and I am elated to say that I haven't felt any back pain since approximately the second week following surgery (residual surgical pain not actual back pain). Dr. Dryer gave me my life back: my marriage, my relationship with my kids, my ability to work again. I would recommend him to ANYONE seeking advice on back pain and would happily act as a personal reference for him and his accommodating staff.

June 10th, 2016
Pain free at last
Brilliant surgeon. I had my neck fused in Arizona back in the late 1990s. Having suffered with neck pain and stabbing pain down my right arm for months, I finally went to see Dr Dryer. He diagnosed a break in the old fusion and arthritis in the next vertebrae. He performed afternoon surgery at the Arise hospital and I was home that night, pain free. Dr Dryer is an excellent surgeon and would recommend him to anyone.