Dr. Randall Franiak MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

December 1st, 2015
Only saw the doctor twice in a year...only his NP
I saw this physician for pain control and ended up seeing his NP the entire year I was at his practice. I was only on PRN pain meds. I saw the doctor at the initial consult and for the ESI that was recommended by the neurosurgeon. The NP is knowledgeable BUT she thinks she is a doctor. This practice and the staff is the biggest waste of my time and money. Going some place else who actually cares about me and my issues. The NP charged as much as a physician and did less work. Never laid a hand on me to examine me but documented in her notes that she did. The staff is jugemental and not friendly at all. I know people have bad days, but every time I was there, the staff was unfriendly, never smiled, never made small talk with me or any other patient that I noticed. When I spoke to other patients in the waiting room, they felt the same way I did. There are other pain management doctors in the city. Find someone else to go to!!!

August 4th, 2015
Great Doctor
When I went for my apt I was a nervous wreck not knowing what to expect. Dr Dr. Franiak and his staff was great. Very professional, nice and gentle. He explained to me what he would be doing during the procedure and the feelings I would experience. He numbed the area so good that I did not feel anything. I would definitely recommend him. If I ever need another injection he would be the one to do it. GREAT DR!!

March 31st, 2015
Excellent compassionate care. Great doctor

January 10th, 2014
Patient
Dr Franiac is friendly, and easy to talk to. He is very gentle, and the staff are very kind.

December 6th, 2013
poor appt
His receptionist was very short and measured on being rude,could not tell when he was doing procedure if he was talking with me or to his asst, asked to leaeve door open when waiting and was very put off by her answer. will not go back and would not go back and would tell others to find another dr, staff or the lady helping the dr was very short and acted put out by anything i said. again last visit for me

February 4th, 2013
He is a good MD
I saw Dr. Franiak for some back issues. He did several injections and had me do some PT...it took awhile (which he said it might) and I feel so much better! He is approachable and very nice. He always made me feel welcome and was very patient when I had my little one with me at appointments. I've read some of the other comments...He also didn't sedate me for an injection but think that was what he needed to do so he could get my feedback on what I was feeling while he was doing the injection. It hurt like crazy when it was being performed, but was worth it once I realized that it did help the pain. I also like that he does not pass out narcotics...he provides you with things you can use for the long term. He's a good doctor and his office staff are really nice too.

December 27th, 2011
Dr Franiak really helped my back pain
After a fall on ther ice, I had a bulging disk and a pinched nerve. Dr Franiak's two injections really helped my pain, allowing me to get physical therapy and return to work

September 26th, 2011
RUDE
Just rude and fake.

June 17th, 2011
After having a bilateral lumbar fusion, I developed sacroiliitis and had severe pain. I was in excruciating pain and taking the max amt of pain meds. I was referred to Dr Franiak. He prescribed a combination of medications that had me off of narcotics within 72 hours. I was, and am amazed. He and his office staff were incredibly thorough and friendly.I'm sure pain mgmt attracts more than its fair share of addicts. I am glad this doctor does not enable that addiction!

April 29th, 2011
Great Doctor with an exceptional staff!
I stumbled on this looking for Dr. Franiak's new phone number and felt like I needed to dispute the last comment. I'm sorry that you went through a rough time with your scs but I don't understand what you meant by him putting and infected one in you? I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Franiak and his staff. I have gone to Dr's offices where you love the Dr. but the staff is so horrible and rude it makes you want to switch. It's rare to find a combo with great people on both ends. In regards to not giving you sedation for procedures..You told him you were a recovering addict- It often doesn't take much for a recovering addict to slip of the right course and perhaps he felt that your sobriety , your future and your family could be jeopardized by exposing you to any type of abuse-able drug. Just like an alcoholic can fall off the wagon thinking he/she can have 'just one drink'. A dr's first creed is to 'do no harm', I have to feel that he felt giving you strong drugs for sedation had risks that far outweighed the benefit. Despite your feelings, you have to understand his position. If you were talking about sedation for an SCS..that's a different story. I was told they typically don't do sedation during those because you have to be able to feel where the leads are being placed to tell if it's in the right spot. Best of luck to you and your pain. I just wanted to let you think about the other side of the matter.

February 25th, 2011
He is arrogant and his staff is also.
He put me throu a lot of pain for no reason. Because of my honesty I was doomed from the start. Do not tell him you are a recovering addict. He doesn't make a distinct and will treat you badly. He will not sedate you during procedures and allowed an infected stimulator to be placed in me that had to be removed by another surgeon. I hat this man for what he put my wife and children through by hurting me. Do not see him if you have any sense.

March 15th, 2010
Impressed!
Pain management is a difficult field, however Dr. Franiak was able to find the right combination of meds that allowed me to resume my life without narcotics.