Dr. Randall Hirata MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

September 8th, 2012
Money is more important than your health
This doctor came highly recommended for a problem I was very scared and nervous about. He was condescending, uncaring during the pelvic exam and short with me when I asked questions about various treatments. I booked a follow up visit which required an ultrasound and was told I had to come in for a new consult yet the doctor had already diagnosed me. I missed two appointments and they charged me 50 dollars without the courtesy of a call or explanation. When I questioned the bill, the treatment and the new consult I was told by the office staff if I didn't listen they would hang up on me. So I listened and informed them I would be getting a new doctor. The office staff said they would send me a discharge letter and then hung up the phone. They only care about the money you bring in.

April 12th, 2012
very dissatisfied
Bedside manner was in my opinion very poor. I have herd others have shared this prospective on care. I have been talked to sarcastically in response to normal questioning or concerns about my baby and body.Over all I was really uncomfortable.There was also an exam done with out my knowledge to what he was looking for until it was over. I will never recommend any one I know to every go there.

March 27th, 2012
He has given me some completely wrong diagnoses and has kind of an odd habit of predicting absolutely dire things which never happen and, when I've checked with my other doctors, are apparently, to put it mildly, unfounded. He has also breached his confidentiality by approaching me in public and discussing an outcome in front of someone without at all checking with me if that would be okay. I am writing this to warn others to possibly get second opinions before acting on his advice. I, myself, am trying to change OB/Gyns.

September 22nd, 2011
very rough
my first visit with this doc was pretty traumatic. it was late friday afternoon and mabye he was having a bad day; but that is no excuse to be rough and rude with a patient. i tried to switch docs after this experience to no avail. had he read my chart; he would have realized that i had a placenta previa and should not have performed a vaginal exam. i would not recommend him to anyone.

September 1st, 2011
Some good care and some things that I found disturbing
I was very pleased with Dr. Hirata for an emergency hospital visit I had. He came in on his day off just to check up with me which I thought was very nice, but later on was very disappointed with him and his care. He was not at all knowledgeable once I became pregnant and insisted on routine procedures that I would not use at every single visit. He would not even hear otherwise. I was basically told what I would do or he wouldn't see me. This was not as upsetting as the paperwork I received to sign which stated that I would have to pay for procedures out of pocket even though I was on Medicaid. I called the Medicaid office to make sure I was correct in assuming this was illegal and they assured me that he was not allowed to do so and I was encouraged to file a report.

December 9th, 2010
Very comfortable to be with; easy to talk to, not intimidating at all. I've recommended him to a few people.

October 7th, 2010
C-section Happy Doctor
This doctor loves to do c-sections! Even if there is no valid reason for it. He planned on inducing my cousin(also for NO valid reason) but then it turned into him wanting to do a c-section & when she expressed that she wanted to go natural, he told her that labor may harm the baby so she might as well have a c-section. Let it be known she was not even in labor yet, the baby was not in distress, there was no reason to believe that labor would cause any more stress then any other normal labor, so why would you scare a new mother into thinking her baby is in harms way? Both mother & baby were fine, but there was absolutely NO need for surgery. I also know 2 other people who were delivered by this doctor & had c-sections done. Did you know doctors make more money doing c-sections then normal births? Something to think about!

June 23rd, 2010
I've been with this doctor for a while now. Dr.Hirata was a really good doctor at one point then as the years gone by it seemed as though he rushes everything. It is a dissapointment to see such a great doctor turn into what he has become.

July 31st, 2009
Unecessary c-section
Dr Hirata pressured my kids into having a c-section when there was no seemingly valid reason to take such extreme measures. He seemed busy and didn't give them any other options telling them there may not be anyone to deliver their baby if they didn't do what he recommended. This is called blackmail!