Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
dr richard kaplan
9140 academy rd suite a
phila, PA 19114
(215) 333-9999
Locations and availability (1)

|  Disappointed and angry  |  show details
by larry on Aug 26th, 2013

I had a totally disappointing, angering experience with Dr. Smith. In need of a spine specialist, I searched available doctors and decided on Randall Smith. When I called for an appointment, I was told that he needed some information from me so he could decide whether to accept me as a patient. I then faxed him the requested test results, X-rays, MRI, and CT scans, and a report by my family doctor. Not having heard back for 2 weeks, I called the office and was told that my application had indeed been accepted. When I inquired as to why I had not been informed of this, I got the equivalent of a shrug. I then made an appointment to see Dr. Smith. When I checked in at the office, I was coolly informed that I would be seen by Dr. Gouda because Dr. Smith recently got a leave of absence. By now I was furious that I and my wife, had taken a day off and traveled a considerable distance only to be seen by a doctor not of my choice. The office staff was quite nonchalant and unconcerned about my inquiry why I had not been contacted in advance. I asked to see the office manager but after 15 minutes of waiting I left - never to return again. Overall, a non-caring office staff and a doctor who apparently never bothered to tell his staff to inform patients about his forthcoming absence.

|  great dr.  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

i will say i was about to call it quicks when it came to GOOD DOCTOR. UNTILL I WAS TOLD ABOUT DR. SMITH. HE IS A KEEPER.. NOTHING BAD TO SAY AT ALL. EVEN THE GIRLSAT THE FRONT DESK ARE GREAT TOO. LOVE EARLY APOINTMENTS. IT TAKES ME ABOUT 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTE TO GET THERE BUT HES THAT GOOD.. FRAN MACMULLETT

|  Number one Doc  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

Dr. Smith is a wonderful Dr, He listens and answers all questions you may have and also is very thorough in explaining things. He understands and does his best to help patients with pain. He has a great bed side manner and is so easy to talk to.I highly recommend him and sing his praised to everyone I know that is suffering with back and pain problems. He has been a lifesaver for me.

|  A keepter  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2012

Rarely do doctors satisfy every area of patients concerns, but this doctor is a keeper; his aim is to keep patients moving---achieve recovery, and maintain health. It's a miracle

|  show details
Sep 6th, 2011

Highly recommend the doctors and the Bustleton Ave. office staff.

|  show details
Sep 28th, 2010

SMITTENS wears awesome short sleeve dress shirts and excellent ties from the 1970s. He SPEED talks into a tape recorder reporting to your primary physician. Very personable and fun to hang out with. Really, my only compliant would be that there is always crumbs in the waiting room.