Dr. Randall Porter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Randall Porter?

September 17th, 2017

Saved my life

I was suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia due to my Basilar artery (rare form) and was seriously thinking of ending my life due to escape the extreme pain that I was in constantly. Dr Porter performed a Craniectomy on me in January 2008 (almost 10 years ago and he has given me my life back.

June 22nd, 2017

Rare and serious condition.

Dr. Porter gave me my life back.

November 1st, 2016

Spinal Stenosis Surgery

I would like to say much better I am, but it is difficult because the improvement is almost indescribable. Dr. Porter is a wonderful Doctor and between he and God my life is so much more enjoyable without the constant pain and all that went with it. Dr. Porter cured my spinal stenosis and all of the terrible symptoms associated with that. He also fused L4-L5 and used minimal hardware. I can now stand and walk all day if I choose with no limitations. Dr. Randall & his staff are wonderful and I am so thankful God led me to them.

August 6th, 2016

Best dr. In the world. He saved my life. Thanks dr.

June 27th, 2016

7 minute office visit

have a compressed degenerative disc C-6 C-7 pinching my spinal cord. He did not recommend surgery cause I am not in enough pain yet . He was exhausted and yawning for the 7 minutes he spent with me . First impression not positive.

June 24th, 2016

Best Neurosurgeon You Will Find.

Dr. Porter is the one and only neurosurgeon that I would trust with my spine or brain. He has performed surgery on me and I could not be happier and more grateful for his care and expertise.

June 21st, 2016

Thank You Dr. Porter !

Dr. Porter was my surgeon last month when I underwent a Craniotomy for the removal of a Meningioma tumor. Both my surgery and hospital stay went extremely well. During the time that I spent with Dr. Porter both before and after my surgery, Dr. Porter exhibited such professionalism, competence, respect, understanding, commitment, empathy, honesty, optimism and grace! Thank you Dr. Porter, you are, without a doubt, one of the best!

May 13th, 2016

Dr. Porter is the very BEST!!!!!

Dr. Porter recently completed a surgery on my C2 Ganglion nerves to sever them after YEARS of severe headaches, especially on my left side. After exhausting pain management and doing a trial on the St. Jude neurostimulator, it was decided that direct surgery was most likely the best course of action. During surgery, Dr. Porter found the left Ganglion involved with the C1 & C2 vertebrae, clearly the root cause for years of suffering. He freed the Ganglion and completed the planned procedure. When I awoke, I could tell immediately that the pain I endured for YEARS was gone. I have pain from the surgical site, as it required cutting muscle and nerves to get to the problem area, but NOTHING like the pain I increasingly suffered over many years….. pain that no Rx or procedure was able to subdue. I feel like I awoke in a new body and am now ready to endure a few weeks of surgical site pain in order to get back to a full and happy…..pain free… life again. Thank you again, Dr. Porter…..you are the best!

March 28th, 2016

EXCELLENT DOCTOR BUT VERY RUDE STAFF!!!

I've had a couple of appointments with Dr. Porter to discuss the best option for my condition. I have seen over eight neurologists and neurosurgeons and sad to say most of them were not very compassionate. My experience with Dr. Porter has been nothing but positive. Unlike most neurologists who are very cold and arrogant, he is very caring and really takes the time to address all your questions/concerns. He is not quick to recommend surgery unless it's truly necessary. He will propose method of treatment as if you were one of his family members. Reviews for Staff (not including Nurse Practioner): The staff here are not very compassionate. They treat you as a number and not as a human being. It baffles me how someone who works in the medical field has no empathy. Whoever hires these people need to train them on how to speak to patients or simply hire people who possess characteristics that exude empathy. I believe in the Golden Rule, treat people the way you would want them to treat you. The surgery coordinator is one of the most rude and sarcastic person I've ever dealt with in a doctor's office. Then you have the person who answers the phone sometimes (Andrew) who can be friendly on some days, and rude on another day. I was so fed up one day by their unprofessional and negative attitude that I finally spoke up and shared my thoughts. I told him that patients are under enough stress and pain as it is. We need the staff to answer questions without being condescending. That should not be too much to ask for. Leave your personal issues at home and come in to work with a professional attitude and some human touch wouldn't hurt. Though he apologized in words, his tone was not sincere. So sad. Just a quick note about the Julie, the Nurse Practioner. She is friendly and always patient to answer your questions. She's also very knowledgeable! She is always prompt to call back whenever I've emailed. Dr. Porter made a wise choice in selecting her!! Be prepared for a below average experience with Dr. Porter's staff but expect excellent bed side manners, knowledge, and experience from Dr. Porter!!

February 21st, 2016

I don't usually write reviews. I am taking the time to do this because it is deserving and I believe if this can help anyone else with a decision then it was worth it. I am a Fire Fighter, and it is a career that is not easy on the body, although it is a career that I was not willing to give up. I fractured my L-5 Pars bone and as a result I aquired severe spondylolisthesis. My condition required surgical intervention due to the fracture and loss of the mechanical advantage that the pars bone provides. This was a stressful time for me; I have a wife and 3 kids that depend on me, this would be my very first surgery, and I could possibly lose my career. I researched and researched to find the best possible surgeon. I essentially interviewed 4 surgeons prior to making my decision. I chose Dr. Randall Porter to perform my surgery. I could not have made a better decission! Dr. Porter and his NP Julie are second to none, this includes; Bedside manner, Professionalism, Knowledge, Expertise, and they really care, I never felt like just a number. I must also say that Dr. Porter will pray with you and you family prior to the surgery, this was big for me. Im a year post surgery and my CT scan looks great, I am pain free, I'm able to work out, run the mountains again, and I have returned to my career full duty without restrictions. I highly recommend Dr. Randall Porter and his staff!

January 29th, 2016

Dr Randall Porter

This office is a 5* rating all the way. From DR Porter to his PA and office staff they are amazing. I would recommend Dr Porter to everyone!!!!

January 28th, 2016

Dr. Porter, Julie, and all the staff are wonderful! They take the time needed to help you! His video recordings are awesome! You can look back as many times as you need to be clear on exactly what was said. Dr. Porter did an iFuse implant for me and I am completely satisfied. Couldn't have found a better place and people to help me!