3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Not sure what to think show details Not sure what to think
Feb 24th, 2016

4 and half hours before doctor saw me - asked to arrive 15 to 30 minutes early - didn't have old records - doctor is very bland / strange

Apr 1st, 2015

He's a little intense to say the least.

by Earl Joiner on Oct 17th, 2014

Outstanding Doctor. Takes time to tell you what you need to know to maintain your health.

Worst recent experience show details Worst recent experience
by A. on Sep 29th, 2014

I really cannot comment on the physician himself, because I walked out without seeing him. I was attempting to find a new specialist not liking my current one for similar reasons. The admin staff, from phone conversations, seemed very pleasant and helpful. My appointment was set for 2 1/2 months from call time, but I got put on a waiting list and was called less than an hour and a half when they had a cancellation. This was perfect, and, even though I had a prior appointment that I had to push back, I made it in time to the office. I got brought back to the patients rooms within 10-15 minutes, which was also good time. However, after rushing to make the appointment on time, and pushing back a previous appointment, I was kept waiting AT LEAST an hour and 10 minutes WITHOUT the doctor even coming in!! After 45 minutes had passed, I went out to the front office and made sure that the cancelled appointment had been for 10 am and not 11 am and was told that the 'dr would definitely be in shortly, that he ONLY scheduled new patients on Friday.' This was an untruth by the nursing assistant, since they had actually called me the day before with a cancellation but which I was unable to take due to work. The nurse then came in again and said that I 'should take my concerns up with the dr when he came in.' After 25 more minutes had passed, I walked out telling the front desk to call me ONLY if the dr was ON TIME in the future. Additionally, I had noticed another patient in the waiting room filling out new patient forms as well, so, I have a suspicion, two new patients were scheduled for the cancelled appointment, which is ridiculous, because that meant one of the two patients would HAVE to be kept waiting an unusually extended amount of time. Horrible, horrible customer service, and I do not think I will either go back and will not recommend.

by Rita McGartland on May 24th, 2013

Brilliant doctor. Diagnosed problem of Hashimoto's immediately. Explained everything thoroughly. He is busy because he is good. I want intelligence, competence, and honesty, not interested in hand holding. He is the best.

Mar 28th, 2013

Rude rude !!! That's all I have to say !! He is rude and the staff!!!

Dr. Riche's "ATTITUDE" show details Dr. Riche's "ATTITUDE"
Jan 29th, 2013

My Primary Care Physician sent me to Dr. Riche to avoid me going to jail for possibly choking Dr. Mamish. I had a pituitary macroadenoma. Dr. Riche was exceptional in telling me what needed to be done, too include drawing pictures.and referring me too Dr. Tibbets, whom I feel is an (AWESOME SURGEON, FANTASTIC,BEDSIDE MANNER AND MEDICAL EXPERTISE.) My take on Dr. Riche....He's different, BRILLIANT IN HIS FIELD. Just different.

Jan 28th, 2013

I went to this doctor after my other doctor moved. I was seen by his P.A. first and she told me something totally different than what he told me. When I told him what was told to me his reply was " She is wrong" I didn't know who to believe. He wrote me a script and told me to come back in 6 months then he cancel. He was also upset that I would not have addtional lab work done for him as I told him that was same test my primary doctor had ordered. People please educate yourself and do not go to this doctor he is a waste of time!

Aug 31st, 2012

He was very nice and explained everything that was wrong with me. He drew diagrams and pictures to understand the function of the glands.

Find another Doc show details Find another Doc
Aug 25th, 2012

Where do I start?1)Whole staff including doctor off the charts on arrogance. 2)Never would write my Rx for generic Levothyroxine so I always had to pay x3 for Synthroid. Dr Riche said generic "does not work effectively."3)He scheduled me for surgery for a complete thyroidectomy because I was "at risk for thyroid cancer." I have a hx of radiation tx for Hodgkin's. He never even biopsied the thyroid. Just wanted to take the whole gland out. I called them and said I was opting out of elective surgery. Talk about attitude after that. 4)I had been seeing him for about 5 yrs, went for a f/u and when I came for my appt, I was told they did not have the authorization from my PCP/insurance, that it was my responsibility to get the authorization, and that they would have to reschedule the appt and charge me $20 for a broken appt. I never had to do this before and there wasa no mention when I scheduled the appt. I called my PCP and insurance co and they said Dr Riche's staff didn't know what they were talking about and that it was their responsibility to get the authorization prior to the appt. I rescheduled the appt, came on time, was seen and nobody offered an apology or explanation. Like it never happened. That's cowardly and frankly non-Christian to not offer an apology for an abvious mistake and less than professional treatment. I could go on. I have a new doctor who biopsied the thyroid, no CA found. No need for complete thyroidectomy. Got Rx for generic Levothyroxine and my levels are within range. Oh yeah, Dr Riche only hires office staff who graduated from the local Christian college which is not accredited. If he were in any other town where patients had more of a choice of MD's, he would probably have to close for lack of business. To say he is an excellent MD is hogwash. He gets labs results and prescribes meds accordingly. If your labs are not WNL or symptoms are not aleviated, meds are adjusted.

Apr 15th, 2012

Doctor needs to be on medication himself. Is all over the place, can't seem to stick to one thing at a time. Attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. Office is run by his wife. Not a good situation. Plays very loud religous music in waiting room. Overall, not a good experience.

Great So Far show details Great So Far
Nov 21st, 2011

I asked for a referral to Dr. Riche when my doctor referred me to Dr. Mamish and I saw his reviews were really bad. I had my first visit with Dr. Riche today. Like other reviewers I had to wait almost 2 hours to be seen. I think the wait was because he spends so much time with each patient. He was very informative. He drew graphs, pictures, and just about everything else to help me understand my symptions. I enjoyed my first experience and would recommend to friends.

The Jury is still out show details The Jury is still out
Oct 10th, 2011

My first visit I had to wait 2 hours before he came into my room. However, it was worth it, he took the time to explain everything(Hypo-Thyroid) and what was going on. He put me on Synthroid and said come back in 2 months. My follow up appointment, I waited over an hour for him and when I told him how I felt and what was happening to me (weight gain and lack of energy)he didn't believe me. I told him "you don't have to believe me, it is how I feel". He told me that it doesn't make sense and that I must be doing something wrong. I wasn't. Truth is, he has horrible bedside manners but I could care less about that. I don't need to hang out with you, I just need you to fix the problem. I have more blood tests coming to see whats going on but so far I am neither impressed nor am I disappointed. So I will keep you posted.

Choose a different Doctor!!! show details Choose a different Doctor!!!
Jun 20th, 2011

Worst Experience Ever! I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis and my PCM was not having any luck treating it so he referred me to see this endo. When I got there he was very rude, cut me off when I was answering his questions, and then told me I needed to see a dietician. I had suddenly gaind 30 pounds in the matter of a couple months, and that was motivated me to seek treatment. I eat healthy and have been very fit. Then when I asked how he was going to help me with my disease he said he wanted me to continue what I was doing, which wasn't working and that's why I was there, and then was told to come back in Eight months. Really EIGHT Months. So essentially he wasted my time. I am a nurse and I have encountered many doctors but he was the worst I have ever seen. I left his office in tears. Please don't see this man. I read the other reviews and hoped they were wrong and believe me they are dead on. Save yourself and change your refferral!

Brilliant Doctor, horrible bedside manner show details Brilliant Doctor, horrible bedside manner
May 12th, 2011

Dr. Riche was my endocrinologist for 5 years, until I moved away. I recently moved back, and am making an appointment with him again. Despite all of his negative flaws, and his attitude... He is actually a brilliant doctor. I had thyroid cancer when I was 18, he quickly diagnosed it, arranged surgery and treatment, and my post-op care. And was my follow-up doctor. But if you're a sensitive person, he may not be the doctor for you. Take his attitude and bedside manner with a grain of salt. He actually is pretty brilliant and knows what he's talking about.

should not be a doctor show details should not be a doctor
Mar 2nd, 2011

declined care to my 18 yr old daughter who is a college student out of state. requested for him to take on care for my daughter as he was only doctor in Pensacola, FL that took my insurance. should only had to pay copay for office visit, requested payment in full for visit when clld offcice manager to review scenario, advised would call back. Office Manager advised needed to review with staff. Dr Roche clld back himself declined care for my daughter who is very ill with hyperthyroid syndrome due to me asking for a refund of missed appt fee when she did not miss appt at all. I also requested apoligy for denial of care. Dr. Roche advised it was his right to refuse care to ny daughter as a new patient. refused to reset another appt. and feel he is a digrace to his profession

Feb 8th, 2011

Seemed to blow off all my symptoms and unusual test results. Ordered a bunch of tests, which was the only thing that made sense, but at the same time told me that is was not a specific problem before even looking at the concerning ultrasound. Indeed that is what the problem was.

Very thorough and attentive show details Very thorough and attentive
Nov 14th, 2010

Saw Dr. Riche for the first time last week after seeing another endocrinologist for years. Dr. Riche was extremely knowledgable, thorough, and spent a lot of time with me, well worth the wait. Has a bible in each office and spent the time reading my bible study. Feel like I am in great hands. He gave me very good advice about getting out of my comfort zone with exercise and making changes to be healthier. Great Doctor!

Nov 11th, 2010

I found Dr. Riche to be very knowledgeable and he spent a considerable amount of time making sure I understood everything that was going on. I would highly recommend him.

Horrible bedside manner show details Horrible bedside manner
Nov 9th, 2010

His staff is very friendly, but he was so rude to me. He treated me like an idiot, and would interrupt me constantly when I tried to answer his questions. He refused to take the time to listen to my reasons for not wanting to drastically change my diabetes care, which was working just fine at the time according to his assistant. I recommend finding ANYONE else!

Was refused treatment show details Was refused treatment
Jun 11th, 2009

I was refused treatment for a post-op total thyroidectomy appointment becuase I could not pay the amount owed to the doctor from his 5 minute hospital consult after my surgery. I have not even received a bill from his office or a statement from my insurance company as of this day of the post op appointment, 4 weeks after the surgery. I offered to pay half of the bill on the spot and pay the remaining balance in 7 days but was refused. I was refused treatment and told to schedule an appointment when I could pay the balance on my account. I will be filing a complaint with the state medical board for patient neglect and I will not be returning to the doctor.

Apr 14th, 2009

Often the doctor didn't even come in to see me. He sent his Physician's Assistant.