Dr. Randall Steinhaus MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

no change

September 15th, 2015
Arrogant, Not Interested in What Have to Say or Helping, Uncaring, Rude,
This man should not sleep well at night. Doesn't care what you or your child say. Doesn't bother to read records or history. Did nothing for child in Crisis. Believed he knew all the answers in three minutes. Was misinformed about various developmental conditions. Refused to help our child because child didn't want to take meds. Kicked us out of the office with child in Crisis.. violence and suicidal, homicidal statements.

September 27th, 2013
Correctly diagnosed our teen's perplexing condition
After visiting a slew of health professionals, and being given an informal diagnosis of schizophrenia by an unqualified educational psychologist, a trusted therapist recommended we see Dr. Steinhaus. Dr. Steinhaus correctly diagnosed our child with psychotic depression. His correct diagnosis and the meds he prescribed, truly saved our child. He's not a touchy feely hand holder type - but we trust his judgement completely. Highly recommended.

February 6th, 2013
Office staff is very rude. I will never go back.

October 7th, 2011
Great Doctor
My daughter has been seeing Dr. Steinhaus for about three years. I've never had to wait for an appointment, and frankly, have not really even experienced his office staff except when setting up appointments (I don't care for the way they "offer" you an appointment, then when I need something else, his office staff checks back with him to then call me a second time - they should have access to his calendar!). My daughter really, really likes him and that's critical since she doesn't want to be there in the first place. She even made him something in school art class that I sent to him, with a note from her, since I was so taken aback that she liked him that much. He's very caring and sincere in his approach to her (and me). He is conservative in his treatment, and I like that he looks "big picture" and will explain where he sees her treatment progressing. No complaints here.

July 7th, 2011
Find another Dr if u can....
We've been taking our son to Dr. Steinhaus for awhile now. As another person said, he does like to cut u off after asking a question so it's like "what did u ask me for if ur not gonna listen to my answer?!" And then since he didn't listen to the answer bc he was busy cutting u off, he has to ask the question again. Should just listen the first time!! He is also a know-it-all. I get he's the dr, but that doesn't mean we're stupid...we know our kids and what may be best for them. He'd rather increase the dose of a potentially harmful med than increase the dose of an ADHD med that he himself said is safe. We basically just go to him bc he's close, takes our insurance and there's a lack of child Psychiatrists. We really only go to him for medication purposes and only see him once every few months so we can deal with him for that.

March 25th, 2011
Excellent experience
Dr. Steinhaus is a 45 minute drive away and completely worth it. He's been helpful in diagnosing my ADHD and my medication management.

March 22nd, 2011
Misleading billing information
My son had been seeing Dr. Steinhaus for several years. We changed our insurance company so before making an appointment, I called his office to verify coverage and they told me he was on our plan. Turns out that the location that we saw him at was not covered and so the doctor billed us at the out-of-network rate. The other locations that he practices from are in-network but we were not aware of it. His office did not inform us of this fact when we made the appointment and asked about insurance coverage, a mistake on their part. Due to our high deductible, we asked if he could re-bill us at the in-network rate or at least give us a discount since my son had been a patient for a long, long time. He would not do it. Through his nurse, he told us that we should make all future appointments with him at his other locations. Had we known that his primary location was not in-network we would have driven the additional 40 miles to see him but we did not know.I feel like this doctor could have seen fit to bill us the in-network rate. We had paid him several thousand dollars over my son's lifetime and because of his unwillingness to work with us, considering we were misinformed by his office in the first place, he has lost our business.

February 23rd, 2011
Exceptional psychiatrist
I'm an adult ADD patient of Dr. Steinhaus and find him to be an exceptional psychiatrist. Although I only see him for medication management, I leave grateful for the confidence he shows and instills in me. I have never found him to be narcissistic; instead he conveys relevant stories that make me feel more comfortable and I never feel that I am not the focus of the visit. I have dealt with ONE person in this office that I felt was curt, but have found most of the staff to be incredibly courteous and attentive to my needs. Waiting times have never been extravagant and I have never felt rushed during our sessions. I felt the need to write this review because I was so shocked by the other reviews. My experience with Dr. Steinhaus has been nothing but positive. (This may be because I'm an adult patient, but it's hard for to me imagine that a doctor that displays such confidence in his patients could have any negative reviews. To each his own, but my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.)

February 18th, 2011
Not Pleasant
Would ask questions about my child, and I would start to answer, and he would cut me off, and go on to another question. Did not have a vary caring attitude. Seemed to have a know it all attitude, but did not seem to know much about my child's diagnosis.

July 28th, 2008
Narciccistis Doctor
Don't waste your time with Dr. Steinhaus unless you enjoy paying $250 to be seen by a guy who spends the whole time chatting you up about his own life. I likened him to a drug dealer since the only reason I saw him was to get my medication, which I need. His office staff was cold, impolite and rude--not exactly a winning combination when you're dealing with psychiatric patients!