Dr. Randall Viola MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 31st, 2016
Superb!
His calm bedside manner was excellent and his entire staff was professional and organized. It was a full team approach. This set my mind at ease for the surgery. No issues, surgery was perfect!

May 2nd, 2016
Dr. Randall Viola is an excellent surgeon but lacks a good bedside manner. Sometimes in surgery, it's best to go with the one who has a good skill level but sometimes personality is important. So if you're looking for an excellent surgeon from a skill standpoint, he's your guy. If you're also expecting an understanding Doctor, he's not your guy.

October 9th, 2015
I went to Randy for a second opinion re: broken hand and torn tendon. His knowledge and confidence allowed me to be completely comfortable choosing him to treat me. Months later I am thankful for that choice. Followup is great. It has meant much therapy and work on my part but I have fully functioning hands now. I highly recommend him.

January 19th, 2015
I can not say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. Viola. I initially went to him for a second opinion after a failed distal radius repair by a different surgeon. Dr. Viola spent a significant amount of time with me and was meticulous in his diagnosis of the cause of my wrist dysfunction. After my first visit I felt confident in his skills. He is personable, thoughtful and takes obvious pride in an excellent outcome. He completed a difficult repair of my wrist to return me to normal function which has allowed me to get back to work and my hobbies. My only regret is that I didn't go to see him for my first wrist repair. Dr. Viola is the best of the best and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing surgeon.

January 13th, 2015
A good surgeon with misplaced priorites ppp
Dr viola is proficient and skilled in the field of surgery. With that being said, i find it unfortunate that the practice appears to be driven by avarice instead of an honest interest in helping the injured. Out of three phone calls i received prior to my surgery, not during one of them did anyone ask about my health of how my broken appendage was. They were only concerned with collecting my money and the surgical coordinator actually called me a liar at one point in reference to my medicaid being cancelled (which it was), which literally added insult to injury. Furthermore, the secretary told me "nothing is free" and was so rude over the phone i decided to remove my stitches myself and not return. Dont get me wrong, Dr viola is a good surgeon, but he lacks the human element or perhaps is too busy for individual concern of each patient. Perhaps if you are on the olympic ski team you will receive a higher level of attention. Its sad but i can honestly say my dogs doctor is more concerned with his patients than this practice is. My last surgeon didnt seem to be very concerned for me on a personal level either, but he at least called me after the surgery. After my surgeries i had zero contact with dr viola and i truly believe a robot would have had the same level of concern for my well being.

February 7th, 2014
Cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Dr. Viola and his staff. Not only did he correct someone else's mistakes, he did it with class and the utmost kindness. From insuring that he was understood to following up and being personally available at all times. He took the time needed for diagnosis, explanation, surgery (several hours) and after care. Can you believe a Doctor who gives you his personal cell phone number? How inspiring and reassuring that was, and we were careful to respect that gift. Trusted him with my child, and he proved worthy.

December 7th, 2013
Excellent!!
I saw Dr. Viola after another surgeon had botched a scaphoid excision which caused me such discomfort that it cause me to crash on my mountain bike about a year later. I went to see him after seeing my initial surgeon and another hand surgeon and both weren't sure what to do with my new injury on my other hand (torn scapho-lunate ligament). I'd also broken a screw in my wrist with the botched surgery. Let me try to be brief from here....both wrists needed repair and Dr. Viola and his team spent hours with me that late afternoon and evening evaluating both wrists and we laid out a plan. I needed the ligament fixed ASAP and he said think about it. I called my wife and said this is the guy for me. Surgery was the following week. Excellent results. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Viola. I only wish all doctors were as good as he is. Just remember, he gets some of the hardest cases and is only human but will do his absolute best and he is HIGHLY skilled. My process involved almost a year (one wrist at a time) and I heard lots of stories about people's injuries in his waiting room. You may hafta wait a bit but trust me, he is worth it!!

August 12th, 2013
I broke my wrist on my last day in Vail last winter and Dr. Viola took the time to see me before I left the city. I had my surgery just a week later and his group at the Hospital was very nice and competent, making me feel safe. I had a complication two months later and I called Dr. Viola on a Sunday afternoon, he answered the phone and helped me with my problem. I am still having another surgery to take the hardware out and I feel very confident for choosing Dr. Viola and his group to take care of me.

August 12th, 2013
Patient and physical therapist
There are not enough words to express my gratitude to Dr. Viola, nor to explain how much he has helped me through work related wrist injuries, and several surgeries. I might embarrass myself if I tried. As a patient and professional, I believe he is the best.

August 30th, 2012
left arm
this doctor saved my arm, and made it useable again after a truck accident. Since then I have met many people who he has treated. I and all of them have nothing but good things to say about this MAN. thank you Dr Viola.

August 11th, 2012
Could not say enough good things about Dr. Viola and his medical staff, and the physical therapists. Have the utmost confidence in him, he was kind, forthright and bent over backwards in his personal and medical care. The only thing not four star was the office/facility support staff. As for wait time assumed he was taking time to afford the same level of care to all patients. Office did provide treats, beverages and lots of reading material to help with the wait times, but seating and space sometimes an issue!

August 8th, 2011
A great doctor
I have had several hand surgeons over the course of my life but one stands out as "the best" it is not only his experience that impresses me but also his bedside manner he always put me at ease and explained ,in the best way, why he was doing things. He did the best job he could (and his best is better than most) I am a guitar player and a carpenter after I almost cut off my thumb he worked tirelessly to repair it and now I can play guitar and do all the things I could do before he is a great doctor and I can't thank him enough if he is your doctor you are in good hands