Dr. Randall Yee MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 30th, 2016
Couldn't give 5 stars due to wait time & hard to schedule appointments

September 1st, 2015
The wife and I have been patients of Dr Yee for over 25 years. He takes the time with us when ever we have a Dr. appointment.

December 15th, 2013
Caring doctor
Dr. Yee has been our family physician for 30 years. I've had to see other doctors in the past who spent 5 minutes with us and didn't listen to us. You do have to wait but that's because he spends time with his patients. He is a good Christian man who listens to you and actually cares, that's hard to find these days. He is the only doctor I could find that gives me cortisone injections, which enables me to get around as I have RA. The staff is slow but they've always been helpful to me you just need to know how to talk to thenm

December 1st, 2013
Good Doctor - Poorly Run Office
This doctor is the primary for a number of my extended family members, some elderly and others with debilitating long-term illness, and has been for years. I find him to be highly knowledgable, accurate in his diagnosis and referrals, thorough and quick to refer patients to specialists. He has a professional and friendly bedside manner and obviously cares about the people he sees. He has always discussed medications, their usage and side effects over with us before prescribing them, His office is poorly managed, though. It takes way too long to be seen when you have an appointment or need prescription refills addressed, I have received inaccurate information from his office staff. If timeliness is important to you, this doctor is probably not for you. If you don't care about long waits, but want a doctor who is experienced, knowledgable and accurate,who takes the time to communicate all aspects of your treatment with you, he could be a good prospect for you.

November 12th, 2013
Best family physician in town
Have to agree on the wait times, they are long! But once you are seen you forget about the wait as you are provided with the best care available. Dr Yee has been treating my entire family for years and has the most personable bed side manner I have yet to experience from a phycisisn. He works long hours, offers bible study on Wednesdays, when I suffered from a sciatica attack he was very concerned about the time frame in which I would need to use prescription pain pills, so I find it crazy that anyone would accuse him of over prescribing? Every Dr. Is regulated and Dr. Yee is no exception. Great family Dr!

October 1st, 2013
Family Dr. With Christian values
While Dr Yee does run behind,once you are seen you are given his undivided attention. Dr. Yee is a well rounded physician that does handle pain management cases but he does this with the utmost professionalism. Demerol injections by a licensed physician are not illegal, as stated by another reviewer. I personally have not received this type of pain relief but would prefer that option over a 5 hour ER visit for a severe migraine. Overall, I feel that Dr. Yee is a great physician, I suffer from major back problems and arthritis. I have never been over prescribed any form of narcotic. If you are being treated for pain, there must be a clear pain source and you will be placed on a pain contract. The scheduling and wait times could use much as could the staff returning phone call's.

September 1st, 2013
Great Doctor
Dr. Yee ALWAYS runs behind. When you come to his office expect a LONG wait. I bring my laptop to do some work or a book to read. I don't mind the long wait because I know when I do get in to see him he will take as long as I need. There was one appointment just recently and I spent three hours with him working with me. He talked to me at my level and didn't try to insult my intelligence by trying to talk over me. He is always friendly, listened to my symtoms and recommended a test. Then left to see another patient while his PA came in to run an EKG and see if I had an irregular heart beat. He came back in later to read and give me the results. He had a second test run while he saw other patients and returned to give me that result too. Then discussed more extensive tests he'd like to run at a hospital and explained what that would entail in great detail. He then said he would clear the tests with my insurance and get back to me with a scheduled date. I ended my stay with an ear lavage to clean out an accumulation of ear wax that was disrupting my hearing. For three hours either Dr. yee or one of his extremely friendly staff were doing something for me. That is why I go to him and my entire family goes to him and have gone to him for over 2 decades..I highly recommend him.

December 3rd, 2012
His office staff is very busy but, they book appointments for him starting at 9:00 am. The doctor does not usually get there until 10:30 or later.

June 9th, 2012
GO TO KAISER INSTEAD
This practice is so desperate that Dr. Yee's wife writes ridiculous comments on his practice. Mrs.Randall Yee wrote "Outstanding Physician" & "Best Family Doctor in the Valley!". If she really believed in her own husbands abilities, she wouldn't have to combat 2 negative patient reviews. This website is for patients, not overbearing doctor's wives with nothing better to do. There is a long wait because the practice is poorly managed. I'd advise the doctor to fire the current manager and find someone who can actually handle the job. He can't possibly care about his patients when he takes their money and does not provide treatment. Give the patients their Copays back or maybe they should file a class action lawsuit and sue you for services not rendered and neglect of their overall health, since they have to leave without being seen.

May 30th, 2012
Wait 1 hr and 30 minutes, kept copay and still didn't see dr.
Appointment at 11:30. Four appointments scheduled before me. By 12:30 two of the appointments left unseen. By 1:00 (an hour and a half waiting) I left and was told by staff there would be no refund of my copayment. I wasted an hour and a half of my day waiting and the doctor still hadn't shown up. Unbelieveable. Also, they had to have cash for the copayment, no debit or credit cards accepted.

September 20th, 2011
Outstanding physician
Let's get the ONLY negative out of the way first: It is likely that you will have a LONG wait. Just count on it, and bring a book to read!!! When it is your turn, you will have Dr. Yee's full attention and he will give you as much time as you need. He will answer all of your questions and reword or rephrase anything you don't understand. He listens! That's important. He will diagnose and provide treatment for your problem and refer you to a specialist if necessary. He will look over your current meds and you will leave with a complete list of them - both OTC and prescription. In addition to being an outstanding professional, he is also a very caring physician.

September 20th, 2010
Best Family Doctor in the Valley!
Dr. Yee has helped my family and I for years with several medical urgencies ranging from arthritis to stomach aches. I have now brought my entire family to Dr. Randall Yee on several occasions and we've been treated professionally every time in a prompt manner. Dr. Yee has lots of experience and that translates to keeping us all healthy over the years!